This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey 1.5.8 and 1.5.9

Comments

• My homey misses to light some fibaros too. That always have worked before. One fibaro is 1 meter away from the homey and the other 2 may 
  • vk900vk900 Member
    Are all the Fibaro problems that are reported here recoqnized by Athom?

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2018
    vk900 said:
    Are all the Fibaro problems that are reported here recoqnized by Athom?

Issues reported here are mostly not known to Athom, issues need to be reported at the github of Athom as stated in the forum rules
  • Well guys, go log some Fibaro issues :)

https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues
  • ComputerbluesComputerblues Member
    edited March 2018
    @bram @lubbertkramer

Call Me crazy, but why on earth would users of a device that promises to connect about everything with a transmitter and your coffeemachine, and is sold at Mediamarkt among thousands of other consumer electronics devices have to sign up to Github  to report flaws in releases of software which are pushed automatically when deemed stable by Athom.

If the product isn't ready for everyday use then by all means don't sell it at Mediamarkt and other consumer outlets. I am using the Homey stable releases to assess if Homey is mature enough to recommend to customers. Well, frankly, I can't redcommend it right now. Personally I don't mind waiting a bit (up to a point) and I understand some of the complexity of what Athom (and app developers) are trying to achieve and I really appreciate the hard work. But looking at it from the perspective of potential everyday users, however, this kind of slip ups (and customer care) are not helping building trust or creating satisfied customers and could ruin the Homey name in no time.

Has anyone from Athom even acknowledged there is something wrong and what is being done about it? In plain, understandable English (or rather Dutch as most of your consumers are for now), and not hidden on geek hideouts like Github or Trello. Simple PR: major fault detected? (especially in stable releases): email to all registered users with findings, hold rollout of the os version or instruct customers to disable automatic updates, and keep up to date on progress solving the problem. Communicate!

The only way forward is make sure the core functionality is rock solid and differentiating between good, easy access customer service on the one hand and the more tech oriented Forum, Trello, Github sources for more in depth discussions for those who are able and willing to participate there.
  • There's a reason up till some ago all home-automation was done by professional companies asking loads of money: every situation, every house is different in background-noise/signals and building materials. You can't catch any situation in a firmware update. Not even when something is sold by mediamarkt, they also sell comuters there but that doesn't mean I'm able to create a perfect drawing using paint... Or: they also sell wifi-routers there but that doesn't mean they will cover my entire estate...
  • bvdbos said:
    There's a reason up till some ago all home-automation was done by professional companies asking loads of money: every situation, every house is different in background-noise/signals and building materials. You can't catch any situation in a firmware update. Not even when something is sold by mediamarkt, they also sell comuters there but that doesn't mean I'm able to create a perfect drawing using paint... Or: they also sell wifi-routers there but that doesn't mean they will cover my entire estate...

Hi Bram, I understand that completely, that's not the point, even the other "established" home automation solutions don't always work as promised, so no news there. Neither do pc's and even Microsoft and Apple push updates they shouldn't have (or fail to fix longstanding problems) so you are in good company there.

It's not only about perfection, but also about how you respond to the imperfections, and in this case, It's not my environment that has changed over the past week, its Homey's firmware that has...

I hardly ever get updates on a computer that promise exiting new features and, for instance, wrecking USB functionality at the same time.. And that is exactly what I'm experiencing right now: a flaw is one of the key functionalities of Homey, Z-Wave, with no opportunity to revert back to a situation that worked.

It's not my environment that has changed over the past week, its Homey's firmware that has. Z-Wave is failing to pair new devices, which is probably a key prerequisite for enabling the use of Z-Wave devices in the first place, where the previous firmware version did not have this problem.

I think that is a major issue that deserves proper and prompt handling and communication on Athom's behalf. I fully understand that your are trying to achieve something very complicated and already are, with limited resources, well along the way to achieving it.  I would be very sorry if Homey ends up in a situation where it's reputation is damaged because it cannot deliver on it's promises, which is essential for wider acceptance. And that is what we all want to see happening after all. 

Thanks, Mark  
  • Flight777Flight777 Member
    edited March 2018
    bvdbos said:
    There's a reason up till some ago all home-automation was done by professional companies asking loads of money: every situation, every house is different in background-noise/signals and building materials. You can't catch any situation in a firmware update. Not even when something is sold by mediamarkt, they also sell comuters there but that doesn't mean I'm able to create a perfect drawing using paint... Or: they also sell wifi-routers there but that doesn't mean they will cover my entire estate...
    Hi Bram, instead of defending please find some truth in Mark's message. He is not the first, hell one of many, complaining about the communication around Homey and its development (myself included) which is what might be the core problem. Everytime someone raises this he/she gets almost blamed as being a heretic by hardcore community users and even Athom goes in defense mode....
    Customer feedback (because realise that they are paying customers) should be appreciated and embraced to its fullest extent. Problems like this, communication   should be acknowledged (I mean come on, this is not something that only popped up yesterday by one user) and improved upon. Or at least show the willingness and effort that goes into trying to improve it...

Since the release it has been very quiet from Athom side while some common and persistent issues have been reported by multiple users. Nobody really knows if Athom is aware of it and working on them... Only that 2.0 will not see any development on voice and see a new take on music... Don't think that is the main priority for most Homey users right now (although I cannot speak for them), it is stability of core domotic protocols. 
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2018
    bvdbos said:

Hi Bram, I understand that completely, that's not the point, even the other "established" home automation solutions don't always work as promised, so no news there. Neither do pc's and even Microsoft and Apple push updates they shouldn't have (or fail to fix longstanding problems) so you are in good company there.

It's not only about perfection, but also about how you respond to the imperfections, and in this case, It's not my environment that has changed over the past week, its Homey's firmware that has...

I hardly ever get updates on a computer that promise exiting new features and, for instance, wrecking USB functionality at the same time.. And that is exactly what I'm experiencing right now: a flaw is one of the key functionalities of Homey, Z-Wave, with no opportunity to revert back to a situation that worked.

It's not my environment that has changed over the past week, its Homey's firmware that has. Z-Wave is failing to pair new devices, which is probably a key prerequisite for enabling the use of Z-Wave devices in the first place, where the previous firmware version did not have this problem.

I think that is a major issue that deserves proper and prompt handling and communication on Athom's behalf. I fully understand that your are trying to achieve something very complicated and already are, with limited resources, well along the way to achieving it.  I would be very sorry if Homey ends up in a situation where it's reputation is damaged because it cannot deliver on it's promises, which is essential for wider acceptance. And that is what we all want to see happening after all. 

Thanks, Mark  

Flight777 said:
    bvdbos said:
    Hi Bram, instead of defending please find some truth in Mark's message. He is not the first, hell one of many, complaining about the communication around Homey and its development (myself included) which is what might be the core problem. Everytime someone raises this he/she gets almost blamed as being a heretic by hardcore community users and even Athom goes in defense mode....
    Customer feedback (because realise that they are paying customers) should be appreciated and embraced to its fullest extent. Problems like this, communication   should be acknowledged (I mean come on, this is not something that only popped up yesterday by one user) and improved upon. Or at least show the willingness and effort that goes into trying to improve it...

Since the release it has been very quiet from Athom side while some common and persistent issues have been reported by multiple users. Nobody really knows if Athom is aware of it and working on them... Only that 2.0 will not see any development on voice and see a new take on music... Don't think that is the main priority for most Homey users right now (although I cannot speak for them), it is stability of core domotic protocols. 

@Flight777 @Computerblues We can all keep it short, just read the forum rules and look that this is a community forum, so Athom has no responsibility at the forum, they respond at github/support contact. If you want support you know the ways, report at github or contact support@athom.com.

If you all don't want to do that it's also fine, but issues will stay there and so your complains :) When you complain you need to act on it instead of posting a post on a community forum where only discussion will be otherwise your problem will never be solved. If you only want to discuss it your post is always welcome :) 

Personal i don't recognize the problems with Homey, running 1.5.8 stable since it did hit the DP channel with 30+ zwave and 70+ zigbee. I'm not saying there are no problems (see the github issues i posted) but when i have a problem i act on it and let Athom know
  • Its running stable; the only issue I notice that Homey can’t say a proper sentence anymore. It’s stuttering all the time. 

Never had this issue before, as if, Homey is more busy.

• @Flight777 @Computerblues We can all keep it short, just read the forum rules and look that this is a community forum, so Athom has no responsibility at the forum, they respond at github/support contact. If you want support you know the ways, report at github or contact support@athom.com.
    Looks at URL-bar..... forum.athom.com.... so ultimately it is Athoms forum and responsibility...
    Looks at top of page: Welcome to the Athom Community Forum! This is a place to share ideas, ask for help and discuss about Homey in general. 

But this being a "community forum", shouldn't a company like Athom be interacting with its community?
    Like they say on their webpageOur community made us big, and is where our heart lies.
  • Banjer said:

@Flight777 @Computerblues We can all keep it short, just read the forum rules and look that this is a community forum, so Athom has no responsibility at the forum, they respond at github/support contact. If you want support you know the ways, report at github or contact support@athom.com.
    Looks at URL-bar..... forum.athom.com.... so ultimately it is Athoms forum and responsibility...
    Looks at top of page: Welcome to the Athom Community Forum! This is a place to share ideas, ask for help and discuss about Homey in general. 

But this being a "community forum", shouldn't a company like Athom be interacting with its community?
    Like they say on their webpageOur community made us big, and is where our heart lies.
    I can't defend the choice athom has made, as i suggested contact support@athom.com if  you want an answer to that :) 
  • konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
    edited April 2018
    Banjer said:

I can't defend the choice athom has made, as i suggested contact support@athom.com if  you want an answer to that :) 
    Yet, you are consistently defending it. The previous comments echo many of what has been shot down aggressively throughout the forum.

And these complaints amazingly aren't on the things that could get Athom sued.. selling 'built in' features that have never left the brains of developers. The rest that did.. they are now killing off those key features.  I don't disagree with why myself. They're admitting incompetence in delivering music and other features like speech.

But they have let the customer down drastically. And the customer is rightfully using the tools they provided, to ask for clarity on these matters

Disclaimer: this is just my opinion
  • Let's try to keep this discussion about the Homey FW plz.
    Next offtopic posts will be deleted. If u have any problems with that plz feel free to contact me.
  • This evening Athom released a couple of small fixes to stable in the version 1.5.9:
    • [BLE] Various bugfixes for SDKv2 apps
    • [Alarms] Fixed a bug that could cause disabled alarms to still trigger flows
    • [Z-Wave] Multichannel node-IDs are now accessible in SDKv2 app
    We continue in this discussion. 
  • Noticed the update 2 days ago, had to reinitiate all xiaomi zigbee devices, now seem to be stable again
  • 1.5.9 is ok for me. Stable and no issues so far.
    I do really would like a update that fix the issue with 433 and Oregon sensors.
  • Same here. After update to 1.5.9 everything seems fine .
  • Have three IKEA light bulbs, only one is still working (close within a few meters of Homey). The thirth one removed and tried to attach again, fails. Restarted the homey, same result.  Z-Wave devices are still there and working.

Forget my previous post. After a couple of hours my zwave network became very slow and it still is at times. I have for instance an flow that turns on two sockets when I turn on my tv and currently it takes at least a minute or so before this flow is actually executed. I know almost for sure this is due to issues on the zwave network because I can see lots of packets being send (using dev tools). also when I hit the heal button on various nodes I do get time outs and such. Hopefully 1.5.11 or similar is released quickly because this sucks 
  • Which packets are being sent? With what is the zwave-network congested?
  • Since the update three of my z-wave devices seems to turn on and off randomly. I disabled all related event and Added logging at device change, but when they switch I dont see it in logging. 

I will look into the packets if that is related. Could have nothing to do with the update but has anyone experienced this (before)?
  • RoephoedRoephoed Member
    edited April 2018
    Phaeton said:
    Since the update three of my z-wave devices seems to turn on and off randomly. I disabled all related event and Added logging at device change, but when they switch I dont see it in logging. 

I will look into the packets if that is related. Could have nothing to do with the update but has anyone experienced this (before)?

Same here, but with a KlikAanKlikUit switch.

Edit: I noticed this behaviour also since this update.

Forget my previous post. After a couple of hours my zwave network became very slow and it still is at times. I have for instance an flow that turns on two sockets when I turn on my tv and currently it takes at least a minute or so before this flow is actually executed. I know almost for sure this is due to issues on the zwave network because I can see lots of packets being send (using dev tools). also when I hit the heal button on various nodes I do get time outs and such. Hopefully 1.5.11 or similar is released quickly because this sucks 
    This is what is currently going on: 

And this is a log from the last couple of minutes: I don't know for sure what is going on. But as stated before the network is 
    TimeEntry
    2018-04-18T09:58:18.027Z
    Node[38]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02214400000671003d00000671
    2018-04-18T09:58:18.033Z
    Node[38]: [COMMAND_CLASS_METER] {"Properties1 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[33]},"Properties1":{"Scale bit 2":false,"Meter Type":"Electric meter","Rate Type":"Import","Meter Type (Parsed)":{"value":"Electric meter"},"Rate Type (Parsed)":{"value":"Import"}},"Properties2 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[68]},"Properties2":{"Size":4,"Scale bits 10":0,"Precision":2},"Meter Value":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,0,6,113]},"Delta Time (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,61]},"Delta Time":61,"Previous Meter Value":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,0,6]},"Scale 2 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[113]},"Scale 2":113,"Meter Value (Parsed)":16.49}
    2018-04-18T09:58:19.007Z
    Node[38]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02215400000000003d00000000
    2018-04-18T09:58:19.009Z
    Node[38]: [COMMAND_CLASS_METER] {"Properties1 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[33]},"Properties1":{"Scale bit 2":false,"Meter Type":"Electric meter","Rate Type":"Import","Meter Type (Parsed)":{"value":"Electric meter"},"Rate Type (Parsed)":{"value":"Import"}},"Properties2 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[84]},"Properties2":{"Size":4,"Scale bits 10":2,"Precision":2},"Meter Value":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,0,0,0]},"Delta Time (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,61]},"Delta Time":61,"Previous Meter Value":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,0,0]},"Scale 2 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"Scale 2":0,"Meter Value (Parsed)":0}
    2018-04-18T09:58:20.000Z
    Node[38]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a1425b8d003d5b6a
    2018-04-18T09:58:20.001Z
    Node[38]: [COMMAND_CLASS_METER] {"Properties1 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[161]},"Properties1":{"Scale bit 2":true,"Meter Type":"Electric meter","Rate Type":"Import","Meter Type (Parsed)":{"value":"Electric meter"},"Rate Type (Parsed)":{"value":"Import"}},"Properties2 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[66]},"Properties2":{"Size":2,"Scale bits 10":0,"Precision":2},"Meter Value":{"type":"Buffer","data":[91,141]},"Delta Time (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,61]},"Delta Time":61,"Previous Meter Value":{"type":"Buffer","data":[91]},"Scale 2 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[106]},"Scale 2":106,"Meter Value (Parsed)":234.37}
    2018-04-18T09:58:21.000Z
    Node[38]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02a14a0000003d0000
    2018-04-18T09:58:21.001Z
    Node[38]: [COMMAND_CLASS_METER] {"Properties1 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[161]},"Properties1":{"Scale bit 2":true,"Meter Type":"Electric meter","Rate Type":"Import","Meter Type (Parsed)":{"value":"Electric meter"},"Rate Type (Parsed)":{"value":"Import"}},"Properties2 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[74]},"Properties2":{"Size":2,"Scale bits 10":1,"Precision":2},"Meter Value":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,0]},"Delta Time (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0,61]},"Delta Time":61,"Previous Meter Value":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"Scale 2 (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"Scale 2":0,"Meter Value (Parsed)":0}
    2018-04-18T09:58:23.339Z
    Node[24]: [COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL] [SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_GET] {"type":"Buffer","data":[]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:23.343Z
    Node[24]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, params 0x02
    2018-04-18T09:58:23.349Z
    Command[208285] start: sendData
    2018-04-18T09:58:23.349Z
    ProcessSendData[208276]: To node: 24 with data: 0x2602 and txOptions: AUTO_ROUTE,ACK,EXPLORE
    2018-04-18T09:58:23.498Z
    Command[208285] end: sendData
    2018-04-18T09:58:23.611Z
    Node[24]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, data: 0x0300
    2018-04-18T09:58:23.612Z
    Node[24]: [COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL] {"Value (Raw)":{"type":"Buffer","data":[0]},"Value":"off/disable"}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.128Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_METER] [METER_GET] {"type":"Buffer","data":[16]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.128Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_METER, params 0x0110
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.130Z
    Command[208286] start: sendData
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.130Z
    ProcessSendData[208277]: To node: 34 with data: 0x320110 and txOptions: AUTO_ROUTE,ACK,EXPLORE
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.133Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_METER] [METER_GET] {"type":"Buffer","data":[0]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.133Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_METER, params 0x0100
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.136Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,1,50,1,16]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.136Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2201320110
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.138Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,1,50,1,0]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.138Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2201320100
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.139Z
    Command[208286] end: sendData
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.139Z
    Command[208287] start: sendData
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.140Z
    ProcessSendData[208278]: To node: 34 with data: 0x320100 and txOptions: AUTO_ROUTE,ACK,EXPLORE
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.149Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,3,50,1,16]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.149Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2203320110
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.150Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,3,50,1,0]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.150Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2203320100
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.151Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,4,50,1,16]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.151Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2204320110
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.152Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,4,50,1,0]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.152Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2204320100
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.153Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,5,50,1,16]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.153Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2205320110
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.154Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,5,50,1,0]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.154Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2205320100
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.155Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,6,50,1,16]}
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.156Z
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2206320110
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.157Z
    Node[34]: [COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL] [MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP] {"type":"Buffer","data":[34,6,50,1,0]}
    Node[34]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, params 0x0d2206320100
    Node[35]: [COMMAND_CLASS_METER] [METER_GET] {"type":"Buffer","data":[16]}
    Node[35]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_METER, params 0x0110
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.163Z
    Command[208287] end: sendData
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.164Z
    Command[208288] start: sendData
    2018-04-18T09:58:57.164Z
    ProcessSendData[208279]: To node: 34 with data: 0x600d2201320110 an
  • If I were you I would try resetting node 38 or take a good look at its settings, it's sending a report every second. As to node 34, it looks like Homey is sending the same command multiple times within a second? Maybe good to filter for node 34 to see what's going on...
  • Hmm, had this behaviour also when I updated to 1.5.8. I'll check my log tonight if I see similar behaviour.
  • Logged in from work: my power measuring devices seems to update very often. Which also happened after the update of 1.5.8. I then changed settings to do less updates. Tonight I'll see if settings changed (again) and if changing measuring settings fixes the weird behaviour of z-wave. 
  • vk900vk900 Member
    Roephoed said:
    Phaeton said:
    Since the update three of my z-wave devices seems to turn on and off randomly. I disabled all related event and Added logging at device change, but when they switch I dont see it in logging. 

Same here, but with a KlikAanKlikUit switch.

Edit: I noticed this behaviour also since this update.

Still happy on 1.5.3 and not touching anything ;)
  • @jjtbsomhorst: Node 24 seems to be doing fine... but also node 35 is something to look at why is it sending 10k messages?
  • bvdbos said:
    @jjtbsomhorst: Node 24 seems to be doing fine... but also node 35 is something to look at why is it sending 10k messages?
    How should I know? 
This discussion has been closed.