This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Unable to add the Fibaro Wall Plugs

AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
edited November 2016 in Devices
Since Homey is about to be released tomorrow (congratulations to Athom!), I wanted to test how user-friendly it is. Today I received three Fibaro Wall Plugs and I asked my girlfriend to add them (after I opened the Homey-UI in Chrome).

After redirecting my girlfriend from the settings page to the devices page, the quickly found the Fibaro plugs (I already had the Fibaro app installed) and started the configuration. The first thing it asks is to press the button three times. Unfortunately, it didn't respond. Even after several tries. Then I asked her to move the plug to a different wall outlet, closer to Homey, and try again. Unfortunately Homey was still unable to 'see' the plug.

We have tried several times with different outlets (my girlfriend was just pointing an extension cord with the plug right at Homey :) ), but it didn't work. I also tried resetting the plugs, but that also did not make a difference. Is there anything I need to do to add the plugs to Homey?

Comments

• what did you do to try and reset the plugs?
  • AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited November 2016
    Hold the button for a while until the plug turns yellow.
  • And then press shortly again when it shows yellow? So it blinks red , and has been reset
  • What did the pairing wizard say?

And does the chrome console show any errors (view it with F12).

I was having an issue with pairing because a chrome extension was giving me a JavaScript error. Totally unrelated to homey but it would not pair because of this.
  • I factory reset my Homey with version 1.0.1 installed.
    Every item i have is paired perfectly but my Fibaro Double Relay Switch 2.
    It doesn't want to be paired at all (looks similar to @Amelsfort).
    I'm glad it's a switch i don't use on a regular base at the moment.
    But im wondering if anybody else has this same problem.
    I use app version 1.0.16.
    I have reset the switch, ptp Homey.
    It was working on 0.10.9.
  • @cnvisser ;
    there has been nothing changed for the relay switch, so it should have worked after updating to 1.0.1
    how did you reset the switch, what is the distance between your switch and homey when including
  • @caseda it was working on 1.0.1 but when i factory reset my homey it can't be included anymore.
    Homey is 50cm away from the switch.
  • And u did reset the switch?
    @Caseda would really like to know how u did reset it, so do i
  • @Rocodamelshe @caseda i did by holding down the b button for 3 seconds.
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited November 2016
    Reset by holding B button for 3 sec. after connecting mains voltage to the Swit

• @cnvisser had the same issue, in my case i pressed the button too slow. When i pressed it 3 times really fast it worked flawless. 

• @Rocodamelshe You nailed it sir.
  • AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited November 2016
    After I rebooted Homey, I was able to add two plugs without a problem. Only with the third I got a timeout again, but after resetting the plug, I could add that one as well.
  • msmits said:
    @cnvisser had the same issue, in my case i pressed the button too slow. When i pressed it 3 times really fast it worked flawless. 

i had the same issue i was clicking as showed in the desktop app, clicking it 3x fast connected it first time

thanks guys
  • heiningheining Member
    edited April 2018
    I've been trying to connect my plug for almost two years now, and I just cant get it connected. It keeps saying that the plug is already connected. But I dont see any connected items in the settings>z wave or in my devices. I even tried to reset the whole z wave network to factory settings, but directly after resetting the network I keep getting the message that the item is already connected.  
  • And ofc resetted the plug itself to factory defaults?
  • First remove device from zwave with 3-clicks on the b-button. After that add new device with 3-clicks on b-button.

• rickprickp Member
    mikron said:
    First remove device from zwave with 3-clicks on the b-button. After that add new device with 3-clicks on b-button.

Tried this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I097Kb5p3OI
  • Floodnl said:
    msmits said:
    @cnvisser had the same issue, in my case i pressed the button too slow. When i pressed it 3 times really fast it worked flawless. 

i had the same issue i was clicking as showed in the desktop app, clicking it 3x fast connected it first time

thanks guys
    Been fiddling for hours with my roller shutter 2, then I realized that "clicking it 3x fast" meant *really fast*! It worked like a charm.

Thank you all!
  • TuvixTuvix Member
    Hi I am having the following power adapter: SF-501PWD? How can I have those added? The adapters are delivery with a remote control with only two power adapters linked. Looking forward.
    Hi I am having the following power adapter: SF-501PWD? How can I have those added? The adapters are delivery with a remote control with only two power adapters linked. Looking forward.