This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
HUE

Need some advise with flows and Hue color lighting

B3rtB3rt Member
edited April 2018 in Questions & Help
I got myself today some Hue color bulbs and i am correctieng my flows so they replace my ikea bulbs but i am having some problems to get it to work.

I have some questions:
1. how can i set the color using betterlogic values, so 1 defined color value for all lights which i can use using the tags
2. How can iturn on/of the color mode, when i view theh tags of the hue light there is a tag called color, how can i change this using flow cards?

Who can advise, i want to set some default color's and levels which i can use for all the hue lights.
Tagged:

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2018
    1. Hue is a value 0.00 - 1.00
    0 = red
    0.33 = green
    0.66 = blue
    1 = red
    Saturation is also value 0.00 - 1.00
    0 = white
    1 = fully saturated color

2. Not sure how direct connection with homey works with this, but via bridge you need to set a temperature with the corresponding flow card as there is no card to change color mode by default.

• EternityEternity Member
    edited April 2018
    Eye opener to use better logic tags to control Hue! Thank you.

Would love to see the flows to learn how you achieved this! 
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    so there is actually no way to switch between the color and tempurature mode using flows?

How do other users set default coloring to scene's using flows?
    So when i start a flow called lights on, all hue bulbs go to a specific dim level and specific temparature.
    When i start flow movie it dims and change color to 'red'
    when i start flow all lights swiitch to normal color = temparute and a specific dim level

I have no problem to switching to a color mode, but i cannot get it to switch color off and go back to temparature mode using flow and tag cards.
  • I use the Better Logic app.
    I have a few Hue Ambiance bulbs and use the Hue Zigbee app. (but the principle should be the same no matter how you use it)

I use a variable    TargetColorTemperature and TargetBrightness    and     CurrentColorTemperature and CurrentBrightness
    All of my triggers (Sunlight, clock) change the Target-variables

When the Target variable is changed a Flow is triggered to either immediately set the Current variables (light-on button) or move to it slowly (5% per minute in case of a new sun setting)

• yemoHyemoH Member
    When I set a color temperature in a flow, in the Homey app the slider for the lamp automatically changes from color to temperature. 
  • @AppelFlap321: Could you share a screenshot of your flows?