This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• Time for some Q&A:
    Eternity said:
    What worked for me:
    - make sure to press the LINK button and that you see 3 LED flashes
    - if it flashes once, do it again. It *must* blink 3 times to start inclusion
    - once it blinks 3 times, press the LINK button every second to keep the Cube alive
    - the led will blink 3 x
    - repeat until included :-)
    Thanks, I'll update the inclusion instructions accordingly....
    For the fun of it, below the formal inclusion instructions.... never got this one working  :D

off112 said:
    Do you know if it's a device behaviour or app behaviour to only update luminance when motion is detected? 
    @off112 yes this is a device limitation. I did not find a solution / option yet to get independent luminance reports.
    connect said:
    Are the Xiaomi Mijia Aqara Water Immersing Sensor also supported bye the App?
    Thanks Ruud
    No, water sensor is not supported yet (waiting for Athom to finalize the Zigbee implementation): see https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues
  • Additional note: I'm starting to receive the first ordered materials... 

The Aqara wireless switch with Gyro will be added in the next release.

For the Curtain controller, I propose to add already basic support for the curtain controller (100% open, 100% closed) in the next release, while awaiting the tracks to arrive and further debugging.
    This might mean that with a future update of the app, the curtain controller needs to be re-added to add additional feature...
  • Additional note: I'm starting to receive the first ordered materials... 

The Aqara wireless switch with Gyro will be added in the next release.

For the Curtain controller, I propose to add already basic support for the curtain controller (100% open, 100% closed) in the next release, while awaiting the tracks to arrive and further debugging.
    This might mean that with a future update of the app, the curtain controller needs to be re-added to add additional feature...
    How can you tell if you're Aqara Switch is.one with a gyro or not? Quick Google and they look.the same
  • vaderag said:
    How can you tell if you're Aqara Switch is.one with a gyro or not? Quick Google and they look.the same
    @vaderag Check on the back of the Aqara wireless switch:
    The Aqara wireless switch with product number WXKG12LM has the Gyro.
    Note that I also learned that I accidentally added the product ID's for this version in the last update; so you only have been able to add it based on the last app update.

The version without gyro has product number WXKG11LM.

Please note that both device have different capabilities:
    • Aqara wireless switch (Gyro), WXKG12LM: 1x, 2x click, key held, key released, shaken
    • Aqara wireless switch, WXKG11LM: 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x click, key held, key released
    I will need to start creating a massive matrix to keep track of the differences between the devices..
    if anyone is willing to support me in creating this matrix, please let me know.
  • vaderag said:
    @vaderag Check on the back of the Aqara wireless switch:
    The Aqara wireless switch with product number WXKG12LM has the Gyro.
    Note that I also learned that I accidentally added the product ID's for this version in the last update; so you only have been able to add it based on the last app update.

The version without gyro has product number WXKG11LM.

Please note that both device have different capabilities:
    • Aqara wireless switch (Gyro), WXKG12LM: 1x, 2x click, key held, key released, shaken
    • Aqara wireless switch, WXKG11LM: 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x click, key held, key released
    I will need to start creating a massive matrix to keep track of the differences between the devices..
    if anyone is willing to support me in creating this matrix, please let me know.
    Thanks as always! Seems I have non gyro.
  • techniman said:

Is there any way to troubleshoot this, e.g. see the transmitting power/reception etc ?
    I'd love to post my network topography but i suspect athom turned it off ..  

You should be able to see the Zigbee Network here: https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee
    Just like the z-wave image Athom removed the Zigbee image

techniman said:
    Hi @lubbertkramer ;
    I have some issues with several sensors, one temp sensor is connected according to the "network view" is not reporting any temperature, I've already included and excluded it. location wise its right in the middle of Homey and a aqara smartplug (which both work fine) 

Another two sensors will no longer connect eventhough they are next to a Hue light (connected to the same homey zigbee network) 

Is there any way to troubleshoot this, e.g. see the transmitting power/reception etc ?
    I'd love to post my network topography but i suspect athom turned it off ..  

-=edit=- 
    I have
    14 battery operated devices 
    1 controller (homey)
    3 router (1 smartplug + 2 Hue lights)

Best is to tag @tedtolboom or @kasteleman because they are the zigbee experts and makers of the (most) zigbee apps :) I'm not sure of you can measure this but i also reported to @tedtolboom that somethimes random xiaomi devices lose connection with Homey, readding them to Homey solves the problem 
    I'm pretty sure I planned on typing @tedtolboom .. not sure what happened here, must be getting senile :-)
  • angrangr Member
    angr said:
    Would it be possible to allow for these devices (Xiaomi Wireless Switch specifically) to be included in an And-statement in a Flow?  

Anyone?  Is this hard to accomplish?  Today it is only possible to use the Xiaomi devices in "When". 

Any chance we could have them made available in the "And (/Or)" part of a Flow?

Thanks!
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited March 2018
    techniman said:
    I'm pretty sure I planned on typing @tedtolboom .. not sure what happened here, must be getting senile :-)
    Do I need to comment on that one?  :D
    angr said:
    angr said:
    Would it be possible to allow for these devices (Xiaomi Wireless Switch specifically) to be included in an And-statement in a Flow?  
    Anyone?  Is this hard to accomplish?  Today it is only possible to use the Xiaomi devices in "When". 

Any chance we could have them made available in the "And (/Or)" part of a Flow?

Thanks!
    The direct answer would be 'No not hard to implement', 
    The current implementation of this device is to create a trigger based on a button press.... which is only accurate when triggering and not directly afterwards (It is a trigger, not a state (change)). 

So adding a condition to the AND column ("Key pressed 1x) will only be valid at the moment of the trigger; so no additional benefit compared to the IF column. Basically the same holds for the THEN column, "Press key 1x" which is essentially triggering the same trigger...

I do assume that you would like to link a state to this trigger.
    This can be done by creating e.g. a better logic boolean variable (e.g. named light_state) and setting up the following flow(s):
    IF: 'key pressed 1x'
    AND: light_state = TRUE
    THEN: switch off light + set light_state = FALSE
    ELSE: switch on light + set light_state = TRUE

Does this answer your question?

• angrangr Member
    edited March 2018
    The direct answer would be 'No not hard to implement', 
    The current implementation of this device is to create a trigger based on a button press.... which is only accurate when triggering and not directly afterwards (It is a trigger, not a state (change)). 

So adding a condition to the AND column ("Key pressed 1x) will only be valid at the moment of the trigger; so no additional benefit compared to the IF column. Basically the same holds for the THEN column, "Press key 1x" which is essentially triggering the same trigger...

I do assume that you would like to link a state to this trigger.
    This can be done by creating e.g. a better logic boolean variable (e.g. named light_state) and setting up the following flow(s):
    IF: 'key pressed 1x'
    AND: light_state = TRUE
    THEN: switch off light + set light_state = FALSE
    ELSE: switch on light + set light_state = TRUE

Does this answer your question?

Thanks, but not entirely.

The buttons also have <<Held Down>> as property, so if we could use this in and "And"-statement, it could possibly be used for many things like dimming up/down in flows etc. while still pressed. (To be called upon by another flow). 

i.e. 

IF: 'This flow is started' (by another flow via <<Held down>>
    AND: ButtonStatus='Held Down'
    THEN: SetRelativeBrightness=+5% 
    THEN2: Start a Flow (same flow)
  • angrangr Member
    angr said:

Thanks, but not entirely.

The buttons also have <<Held Down>> as property, so if we could use this in and "And"-statement, it could possibly be used for many things like dimming up/down in flows etc. while still pressed. (To be called upon by another flow). 

i.e. 

IF: 'This flow is started' (by another flow via <<Held down>>
    AND: ButtonStatus='Held Down'
    THEN: SetRelativeBrightness=+5% 
    THEN2: Start a Flow (same flow)
    Maybe the same could be done with States, as you suggested. 

Flow 1 triggered by <<Held Down>>, THEN set LightState=True, triggers Flow2
    Flow2 This Flow is started, AND LightState=True, THEN SetRelativeBrightnes=+5, Start a Flow(Flow2)
    Flow3 trigger by 'Released', THEN set LightState=False

Got to try this when I get home. 
  • angrangr Member
    angr said:
    Maybe the same could be done with States, as you suggested. 

Flow 1 triggered by <<Held Down>>, THEN set LightState=True, triggers Flow2
    Flow2 This Flow is started, AND LightState=True, THEN SetRelativeBrightnes=+5, Start a Flow(Flow2)
    Flow3 trigger by 'Released', THEN set LightState=False

Got to try this when I get home. 
    This actually worked too! :) Only issue is that it seems to take long (a few sec) for every flow re-iteration, so dimming takes a long time. Can be solved by increasing the SetRelativeBrightness percentage but that doesn't make it as smooth. 

But anyway, many thanks for the suggestion about using states, it solved my problem without using <held down> in an AND-statement. 
  • rostexrostex Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi,
    Can someone help? Pair Aqara Wall Switch to my Homey, but after few days switch lost connection and i cant pair it anymore. I tried to reset Homey, Aqara Switch few times in a row, Mi Zigbee app, but nothing changes. And its works fine with Mi Home app. Also have two Aqara Switch pair with Homey that works great.
  • I'm having issues with adding Occupancy Sensor and Wireless Switch. When I tripple click the reset button it changes to "Adding device" but then it just hangs and timeout finding no Zigbee device. I'm using the Xiaomi temperature sensor without problem got never got these devices to work. Currently using 1.5.7 and latest app version, but also tried in previous 1.5.6 firmware. Any idea what might be wrong?

hi mate. did u solved this issue, because i having it right now. latest stable .1.5-8 ..
    also i did the rest trick every 2 sec. no help. and also tried with different sensor.
  • nevermind, took 2 reboot and it started working again. :)
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited April 2018
    rostex said:
    Hi,
    Can someone help? Pair Aqara Wall Switch to my Homey, but after few days switch lost connection and i cant pair it anymore. I tried to reset Homey, Aqara Switch few times in a row, Mi Zigbee app, but nothing changes. And its works fine with Mi Home app. Also have two Aqara Switch pair with Homey that works great.
    It's a Homey problem occuring too many people, also see the Github issues which are reported to Athom. Best is to add a comment there so Athom can take the issues serious, the more people report problems the more Athom will need to do something about it

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1956

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2325

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2141
  • i have bought 2 xiaomi door sensor but i can't get them to work. Accoording this forum the xiaomi app Mr zigbee should work with these door sensors. Does anyone have the selution to get these sensors to work?
    When i am trying to connect the sensor it starts to connect but after 2 minutes it doesn't find anything. Anyone?

• fke1964 said:
    i have bought 2 xiaomi door sensor but i can't get them to work. Accoording this forum the xiaomi app Mr zigbee should work with these door sensors. Does anyone have the selution to get these sensors to work?
    When i am trying to connect the sensor it starts to connect but after 2 minutes it doesn't find anything. Anyone?

Do you only have those two zigbee devices? Do you add them nearby?
  • i have several neo coolcam doorsensors. xiamo plant module. klikaan klikuit stuff and ikea and innr lamps enz so no i also have a lot of other things. all work perfectly
  • fke1964 said:
    i have several neo coolcam doorsensors. xiamo plant module. klikaan klikuit stuff and ikea and innr lamps enz so no i also have a lot of other things. all work perfectly
    o yess homey is meters away
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited April 2018
    fke1964 said:
    fke1964 said:
    i have several neo coolcam doorsensors. xiamo plant module. klikaan klikuit stuff and ikea and innr lamps enz so no i also have a lot of other things. all work perfectly
    o yess homey is meters away
    Add it closer :) If that's not gonna work contact Athom support or check any of the  github issues about Zigbee. if that matches your criteria  add a comment to let Athom know you are having the problem also.

Athom has let the community know it's using a library for Zigbee which doesn't fit the Athom standards and is not supported anymore, so there can be some problems here and there with Zigbee -> https://blog.athom.com/behind-magic-march-2018/

Biggest Github zigbee issues:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1956

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2325

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2141
  • fke1964 said:
    i have bought 2 xiaomi door sensor but i can't get them to work. Accoording this forum the xiaomi app Mr zigbee should work with these door sensors. Does anyone have the selution to get these sensors to work?
    Did you follow the inclusion instructions are indicated by the app?
    With the pin, hold the reset button for 3 seconds until the led flashes 3 times and afterwards, keep pressing the same button once every 1-2 seconds until the inclusion has finished?
    And like @lubbertkramer indicated, add the devices in close proximity of Homey.
  • fke1964 said:
    With the pin, hold the reset button for 3 seconds until the led flashes 3 times and afterwards, keep pressing the same button once every 1-2 seconds until the inclusion has finished?
    ahumm sorry guys, still dificult to read for an old man hahhahaah. forgot to press every 1-2 seconds. Its working now. thanks for your support
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2018
    fke1964 said:
    fke1964 said:
    ahumm sorry guys, still dificult to read for an old man hahhahaah. forgot to press every 1-2 seconds. Its working now. thanks for your support
    No worries...
    Just keep in mind that the typical developer is lazy and tries to use as little as possible ASCII’s....
    So if there is a note added, it is worth reading  ;)
  • Is there any idea if the Water/leak sensor is gonna be supported by this app?
  • rikadoo said:
    Is there any idea if the Water/leak sensor is gonna be supported by this app?
    Yes, the sensor will be supported by this app...
    but Athom will need to implement support for the IAS Zigbee cluster first. I don't expect that this will be done before release of Homey v2.0.0 firmware

See https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/26 for details.
  • rikadoo said:
    but Athom will need to implement support for the IAS Zigbee cluster first. I don't expect that this will be done before release of Homey v2.0.0 firmware

Hope they will add the support soon :) very happy with the supported sensors for now. Hope the Smoke detectors and Water leakage sensors will also be possible to get in Homey in the future.
  • Not sure if this is mentioned before, but I got a Aqara Wireless Switch (WXKG12LM) but it does not work. It can be added and removed without anyproblem, but no clicks are being triggered when I set up a flow.

1x, 2x, 3x, 4x click, none of them works..

Does anyone have an idea?
  • A new version of the Xiaomi Zigbee app has been uploaded to the Homey apps store:
    v 0.3.0
    * Add support for Aqara Wireless switch with Gyro (product type no: WXKG12LM)
       Note: Switches with this type no. that were included before will need to be re-included in order to work properly
    * Replaced old scene trigger cards with autocomplete cards to fix reported issues
       Note: The old (marked DEPRECATED) cards will be removed in a next release; 
       please rebuild your flows based on the new cards
    * Update ZigBee meshdriver to 1.2.12
    So it includes the addition of support for the Aqara Wireless switch with Gyro function (product type no: WXKG12LM), one of the goals we set.

Like mentioned in the changelog, if you have already included this device (product type no: WXKG12LM) on a previous app version, please remove it and re-include it.

In addition, I made a structural change in the app in the flow card triggers based on buttons / scenes pressed by the Xiaomi / Aqara wireless switches.
    Technical background:
    Previous flow card triggers were dropdown components based on fixed lists (e.g. 1x - 4x click), which were linked to the devices that have these capabilities. If I would add new capabilities to it, I would need to either define a new flow card or link the device to another flow card; breaking the flows of many users...
    In this version, I've added flow card triggers that are based on autocomplete components; which can be populated by the device driver. In this way, if I add e.g. multiple click option to the Aqara wireless remote switch double, I can simply update the driver and new options will become available in the same flow card trigger...
    So that means that as of this version both options are (still) available.

The DEPRECATED flow card triggers based on dropdown components: 
    Please replace them in your flows ASAP: they are no longer maintained and will be removed in a later release.

The new flow card triggers based on autocomplete components:

• rikadoo said:

Hope they will add the support soon :) very happy with the supported sensors for now. Hope the Smoke detectors and Water leakage sensors will also be possible to get in Homey in the future.
    We'll have to wait for Athom to update the Zigbee implementation. Thanks for your donation @lesleyvandriessen !
    Not sure if this is mentioned before, but I got a Aqara Wireless Switch (WXKG12LM) but it does not work. It can be added and removed without anyproblem, but no clicks are being triggered when I set up a flow.

1x, 2x, 3x, 4x click, none of them works..

Does anyone have an idea?
    Yep...

I added the ID's of the Aqara Wireless Switch with Gyro (WXKG12LM) in the previous app version based on the Aqara Wireless Switch (WXKG11LM) driver...

I learned that the Gyro version has a different reporting. As you can see in above announced changelog: support will be added in the next app update. Please note that the capabilities of the 2 devices differ (slightly):
    • Aqara Wireless switch (WXKG11LM) (1x - 4x click)
    • Aqara Wireless switch with Gyro (WXKG12LM) (1x, 2x click, key held, key released, Shaken)
  • I'm not seeing Depreciated cards for my Aqara Wireless switch - i still get the 1-4x click scene card?
    Do I not need to change this one?
This discussion has been closed.