This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Unmaintained] Pioneer VSX app

2»

Comments

• mvtk1990 said:
    olive said:
    mvtk1990 said:
    olive said:
    Hi @mvtk1990

Is it possible to implent dimmer in the app? Do you know what i mean?
    You mean set to level 15 in 5 minutes 
    Next flow set to 0 in 10 minutes
    If it's on level 20 every 30 seconds it's count down
    I mean the screen on av receiver.
    Sorry, thats not possible. This can't be done by telnet.
    Ok, thanks.
  • oliveolive Member
    Hi @mvtk1990

I have with the latest homey software problems with this app, before everything works fine. Now the receiver dont triggered for example mute and unmute. 
  • FOR SALE
    This app is for sale for developers that own a Pioneer.
    Price $0,00/€0,00
    In the meantime this app will discontinue development.
    No support available anymore. Sorry.
  • Modbreak:
    Removed the for sale from the title, apps are not for sale even it's free but i like the idea haha :) 

• mvtk1990 said:
    FOR SALE
    This app is for sale for developers that own a Pioneer.
    Price $0,00/€0,00
    In the meantime this app will discontinue development.
    No support available anymore. Sorry.
    I both have a Pioneer receiver and work as developer. So I would gladly adopt this app and see if I can continue development. I have no experience in developing for the Homey but since Javascript is my number language I think I can figure it out. I've forked the repo and will see if I can get the ChangeVolume to work on my receiver. You can reach me at peppelorum@gmail.com.
  • If @mvtk1990 is okay with it we can transfer the app to your name?
  • Bram said:
    If @mvtk1990 is okay with it we can transfer the app to your name?
    It's okay. The other apps are still mine? I took the e-thermostaat app and got a bunch of other app's. Thats not what i want. Only this app.
  • Bram said:
    If @mvtk1990 is okay with it we can transfer the app to your name?

Is the app already transferred to @peppelorum? It would be great if the development of the app continues.
    The app is working with my VSX-S510, except the command to switch to my GAME HDMI input. Turning on/off and switching to other inputs is working
  • @mvtk1990, @peppelorum, @Bram. Any updates on this case? 
  • Gerco90 said:
    @mvtk1990, @peppelorum, @Bram. Any updates on this case? 
    @Bram should transfer the app, thats all I know.
  • Did you transfer the repository to @peppelorum? @peppelorum could you contact me via a direct message on the forum or on Slack?
  • Any news about this app @peppelorum ?

• @peppelorum was in december 2017 active for the last time, so I think he/she is not going to continue the development of this app. Maybe we can reach peppelorum by e-mail @Bram?
  • R0elR0el Member
    The app has had an update today!
    Is there a chance that my VSX-527 is going to be supported? I've tried connecting, but it isn't working...  :(
  • R0el said:
    Is there a chance that my VSX-527 is going to be supported? I've tried connecting, but it isn't working...  :(
    @R0el

Maby this can help you:

1. Turn on the tv and set it on the right HDMI source of the receiver (make sure youre Pioneer is connected with the internet)
    2. Download and install de iControlAV5 app on your mobile
    3. Open the app
    4. Go to the "cursor" page
    5. Press "Audio parameter" (Now you get the advanced MCACC menu on your TV)
    6. Select "System settings" (or something. I translate is from Dutch)
    7. Select "Network settings"
    8. Select "Network standby"en switch is to "ON"

Hope this will als work for you!

Kind regards,
    Niek

• R0el said:
    The update was a little change for a command to change the receiver HDMI input to GAME. I don't know if your VSX-527 is supported now.
  • R0elR0el Member
    edited March 2018
    uNiiek said:
    R0el said:
    @R0el

Maby this can help you:

1. Turn on the tv and set it on the right HDMI source of the receiver (make sure youre Pioneer is connected with the internet)
    2. Download and install de iControlAV5 app on your mobile
    3. Open the app
    4. Go to the "cursor" page
    5. Press "Audio parameter" (Now you get the advanced MCACC menu on your TV)
    6. Select "System settings" (or something. I translate is from Dutch)
    7. Select "Network settings"
    8. Select "Network standby"en switch is to "ON"

Hope this will als work for you!

Kind regards,
    Niek

Thanks, Niek, but I've enabled the given option on first installation of the Receiver.

Gerco90
    said:
    R0el said:
    The update was a little change for a command to change the receiver HDMI input to GAME. I don't know if your VSX-527 is supported now.
    Yeah, as I've seen in the changelog. Last time I checked it wasn't working, but I'm going to test it again later this week...

• I own a pioneer vsx-sVSX-S520D.    cannot get it to work in homey. Googled a lot.... cannot find anything useful.  
    Any suggestions?   found some references that the predecessor of my receiver vsx-s510 worked with telnet. 
  • Gerco90Gerco90 Member
    edited April 2018
    I own a pioneer vsx-sVSX-S520D.    cannot get it to work in homey. Googled a lot.... cannot find anything useful.  
    Any suggestions?   found some references that the predecessor of my receiver vsx-s510 worked with telnet. 

@bulldogdriver, can you telnet your device? See below URL:

http://raymondjulin.com/2012/07/15/remote-control-your-pioneer-vsx-receiver-over-telnet/
  • Gerco90 said:
    I own a pioneer vsx-sVSX-S520D.    cannot get it to work in homey. Googled a lot.... cannot find anything useful.  

http://raymondjulin.com/2012/07/15/remote-control-your-pioneer-vsx-receiver-over-telnet/
    Thanks for your reply. I will  try that in  a  few days... abroad now.
  • @Gerco90
    Gerco90 said:

No telnet does not work:   Can ping the ip-adress. Tried several ports,      Scanning open port on ip-adres returns only port 80 and 8080.
  • @Gerco90
    Gerco90 said:

No telnet does not work:   Can ping the ip-adress. Tried several ports,      Scanning open port on ip-adres returns only port 80 and 8080.
    Alright. This app is based on telnet commands so if you can't telnet your device, I don't think it is possible to use this app for your device.
    Strange, I suppose such a device would support telnet like all the other models. 
  • Gerco90 said:
    @Gerco90
    Gerco90 said:

Alright. This app is based on telnet commands so if you can't telnet your device, I don't think it is possible to use this app for your device.
    Strange, I suppose such a device would support telnet like all the other models. 
    Testing again! I can telnet the receiver. But only on port 60128  (not the standard port 23).
    Does it mean, the app can work for me?  Didn't manage to command the receiver by the examples of: http://raymondjulin.com/2012/07/15/remote-control-your-pioneer-vsx-receiver-over-telnet/

But when I  "telnet <ip>  60128"   it starts and when i use my remote, it shows commands in the terminal. 
  • Gerco90 said:
    @Gerco90
    Gerco90 said:

Testing again! I can telnet the receiver. But only on port 60128  (not the standard port 23).
    Does it mean, the app can work for me?  Didn't manage to command the receiver by the examples of: http://raymondjulin.com/2012/07/15/remote-control-your-pioneer-vsx-receiver-over-telnet/

But when I  "telnet <ip>  60128"   it starts and when i use my remote, it shows commands in the terminal. 
    If you can telnet, I think the app can work for you. If you installed the app on homey, you must give in the IP-adress and the telnet port. 
  • mvtk1990 said:
    Gerco90 said:
    I have e-mailed @peppelorum 2 months ago but unfortunately I have not received a message back ... I hope someone can convert this app to SDK2 so that we can continue to use this app with the release of Homey V2 ....

@mvtk1990 is there still a possibility for you to update this app to SDK2?

Sincerely,
    Niek
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited August 2018
    The latest Onkyo app https://apps.athom.com/app/com.onkyo should now support some Pioneers as well. I am very curious to hear if it works .... 
  • jorden said:
    The latest Onkyo app https://apps.athom.com/app/com.onkyo should now support some Pioneers as well. I am very curious to hear if it works .... 
    Thank you for your message @jorden, but I had already tested it yesterday. Unfortunately the app did not find my Pioneer VSX-920. I think my amplifier does not use the eISCP protocol.

My amplifier works with Telnet protocol:
  • uNiiek said:
    jorden said:
    Thank you for your message @jorden, but I had already tested it yesterday. Unfortunately the app did not find my Pioneer VSX-920. I think my amplifier does not use the eISCP protocol.

My amplifier works with Telnet protocol:
    Hmm these codes are indeed different. I am unsure which Pioneer receivers work, but I think all that support Telnet to port 60128 should work with the app (unless I made a coding mistake)
  • uNiiek said:
    mvtk1990 said:
    Gerco90 said:
    I have e-mailed @peppelorum 2 months ago but unfortunately I have not received a message back ... I hope someone can convert this app to SDK2 so that we can continue to use this app with the release of Homey V2 ....

@mvtk1990 is there still a possibility for you to update this app to SDK2?

Sincerely,
    Niek

I've no app yet created with SDK2. If I have to I do only the apps I can test. As mentioned before, I can't develop anything. If there are small changes to the old app witch are clear I can change. But a rewrite of a app require a lot of test work.

For now I have to make time to go to the barber because of my long hair. I'm that busy...