This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Smartphone App (Preview)

Comments

• GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited April 2018

MODBREAK:

a unstable build of the new app has been distributed to some members by accident. 

It was not Athom's intention to share and posts/screenshots you may have seen are removed by Athom. 

• More regular updates would be highly appreciated.
  • Ok now, can someone tell me: is this a community board or Athoms? If Athoms, ok, you can delete whatever you want. But i read couple of times that this is community board, not supported from Athom.
  • viktor said:
    Ok now, can someone tell me: is this a community board or Athoms? If Athoms, ok, you can delete whatever you want. But i read couple of times that this is community board, not supported from Athom.
    It's a community forum but Athom will ever once in a while when the subject matters react or intervene . If you want to know more about it you can better contact support@athom.com
  • BramBram Member
    @viktor or send me a PM on Slack or a DM on the forum:)
  • There is a new blog online.

• JesaJesa Member
    Hi

I see some comments about widgets and dashboard. I urge you to keep i it simple and easy to use. As an moderator of my homey i love the new app. But I have not given access to my family members as they would just be frustrated with the overwhelming list of devices and options.

And no, I do not want to run HomeyDash on cellphones, I want it all in one single app. I do not want my family to have do deal with different solutions.

For a day to day usage, this is the worst part of homey, the lack of a userfriendly interface. I would not recommend homey to any family until this is inplace. For singel gadget freaks, no problem.

For now my family will keep using our old Telldus product to turn of an on devices and read sensor data.

My request is to simply add two pages in the app. The first one containig my favorite on/off devices and flows to start. The second one containing my favorite sensors and weather related information. For tablets/iPad, you might combine those two pages into one.

Here is a picture from my Telldus app, it even go a slider for dimming lights.This is user friendly.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6q56rpt0sfeg1yp/2018-04-09%2011.27.43.jpg

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited April 2018
    Jesa said:
    Hi

I see some comments about widgets and dashboard. I urge you to keep i it simple and easy to use. As an moderator of my homey i love the new app. But I have not given access to my family members as they would just be frustrated with the overwhelming list of devices and options.

And no, I do not want to run HomeyDash on cellphones, I want it all in one single app. I do not want my family to have do deal with different solutions.

For a day to day usage, this is the worst part of homey, the lack of a userfriendly interface. I would not recommend homey to any family until this is inplace. For singel gadget freaks, no problem.

For now my family will keep using our old Telldus product to turn of an on devices and read sensor data.

My request is to simply add two pages in the app. The first one containig my favorite on/off devices and flows to start. The second one containing my favorite sensors and weather related information. For tablets/iPad, you might combine those two pages into one.

Here is a picture from my Telldus app, it even go a slider for dimming lights.This is user friendly.

Just take a look at www.homeyda.sh (or at the forum here) it's made by a community. Dashboards and family management is on the roadmap for after Homey OS 2.0 so no ETA
  • JesaJesa Member
    Jesa said:
    Hi

Just take a look at www.homeyda.sh (or at the forum here) it's made by a community. Dashboards and family management is on the roadmap for after Homey OS 2.0 so no ETA
    I have tested homeyda.sh ... a good start for a wall mounted tablet. But fonts is currently too small to use as a wall mounted tablet. I'll give my point of view in that forum.
  • quakerixquakerix Member
    edited April 2018
    not sure if it should be in this topic; but i changed my homey password and i was still able to use my App. 

I expect when you change your homey password, your session is no longer valid and you are required to login again.

Which was the case in the Homey v1 app.
  • Have you stopped giving more users access to the new iOS beta app?
    Because I've submitted the form multiple times for my girlfriend :(
  • RexRex Member
    Hi there, any news about new releases? Is still the version 0.8.5 the latest?
  • Hi, does  somebody know this: I have reinstalled my phone. But now will crash every time the new app when I try to open it... it was working before reinstalled ...
  • Hi, does  somebody know this: I have reinstalled my phone. But now will crash every time the new app when I try to open it... it was working before reinstalled ...
    Did you do an update (new iOS/Android) version? Otherwise it's good to send your information/logs as a Github issue to Athom, it's a beta app that still needs work
    Did you do an update (new iOS/Android) version? Otherwise it's good to send your information/logs as a Github issue to Athom, it's a beta app that still needs work
    Thanks, at the moment I have first contact by email with Athom. otheriwice i will make a issue on Github
  • k1sk1s Member
    Hi is there a note somewhere about what the 'Chat' function does/is capable of and how to use it?
  • rickprickp Member
    I'm home. I'm going to sleep. I'm leaving. Turn on the kitchen light. All same as speech.. k1s said:
    Hi is there a note somewhere about what the 'Chat' function does/is capable of and how to use it?

• JPeJPe Member
    edited April 2018
    A list of build-in commands is at 
    https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000037/
    https://www.athom.com/nl/support/KB000037/
    In the Flows you can define your own commands and what they should do.
    Thanks, at the moment I have first contact by email with Athom. otheriwice i will make a issue on Github
    Problem solved... there was a problem with my avatar...
  • What is the release schedule for the public beta of 2.0? 
  • HomdomHomdom Member
    December 2017  :(
  • Yeah it's rubbish... The members of this forum are receiving fake promises during the whole process of Homey.
  • Soon another month since last monthly blog entry. Beta of new app is "very very" soon to be released...
    Any update on when we can expect something or is development dead?
  • Gerco90Gerco90 Member
    tobpet01 said:
    Soon another month since last monthly blog entry. Beta of new app is "very very" soon to be released...
    Yeah, I asked myself the same question... When is 'very very' soon and how is the release of the public beta communicated to us?
  • Gerco90 said:
    tobpet01 said:
    Soon another month since last monthly blog entry. Beta of new app is "very very" soon to be released...
    Yeah, I asked myself the same question... When is 'very very' soon and how is the release of the public beta communicated to us?
    This month. In an interview with HardwareInfoTV on YouTube Athom stated that the launch would be this month. 
  • Heino_JN said:
    Gerco90 said:
    tobpet01 said:
    This month. In an interview with HardwareInfoTV on YouTube Athom stated that the launch would be this month. 
    He said in the interview next monday, 2 weeks ago! <span>:neutral:</span>

• loutje020 said:
    Heino_JN said:
    Gerco90 said:
    tobpet01 said:
    He said in the interview next monday, 2 weeks ago! <span>:neutral:</span>

That's what I heard to. But the first comment beneath the video Athom is stating that it would not be this Monday, but this month. 
    I think it was a slip of the tong. 

Quote: "Athom B.V.

Op 20:00 praat Stefan over het nieuwe design en de public beta van de App. Het is wat slecht te horen, maar hier wordt 'deze maand nog' gezegd - dus niet 'deze maandag'. Voordat er verwarring ontstaat."

This month probably means Thursday the 31st of May. 

• yemoHyemoH Member
    Software development is hard especially when there are so many (versions of) platforms. You are never sure that it is almost ready.
  • WouterNLD said:
    Any update on the availability of the new app (update)? Beta expires in 14 days.
    déjà vu... 
  • Louis28Louis28 Member
    It’s still awfully quiet considering the new Homey app will be released this week, right? They seriously can’t be delaying it again without any notice.