This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Ubiquiti UniFi App

2»

Comments

• skandshusskandshus Member
    edited September 2017
    To anybody getting the "site is not secured" warning. dont worry its normal. it because there isnt a signet certificate in the controller. i has no impact on your network, so dont get worried. :)
    you only see it because the controller is running https and not http :)

• Is there nothing like a plan with steps. So you can follow that steps to get the homey connected to the ap
  • Do you have to have the controller software running at all times for this to work? My controller software is on a PC which is only on occasionally as needed. Most of the time my two APs just run happily connecting things to my network. 
    It seems like any status changes or connections would be handled by the controller software and queried by Homey, but it would be a shame to have to leave another piece of equipment on full time in order to achieve this.
    I've also never managed to get this working but haven't tried too hard as the only use case I have is presence detection on the network and given the aggressive power saving on my phone, the wifi is often off when I;d want to be at home!
  • micha35w said:
    Is there nothing like a plan with steps. So you can follow that steps to get the homey connected to the ap
    i can create a step by step if needeD?
  • That would be great, maybe I missed a step by configer my ap. Thanks thats super
  • awils said:
    Do you have to have the controller software running at all times for this to work?
    Yes, the Homey app looks for changes reported by the controller software, every 15 seconds. No controller, no status updates.

Does anyone owning a UniFi controlled switch / gateway know, if the Homey app also monitors wired devices/clients?
  • I'm trying to set up a simple flow to detect my phone on the wifi network and switch on a light (as test). I added my phone as a device so I can use it in a flow but I encounter the following:
    My phone is connected so when I make a flow with the "connected" card to turn on the light and I hit the test button the light actually goes on but if I use the "disconnected" card (while the phone is still connected) the light also switches on as well while I expected it to stay off.
    the other way around has the same faulty behaviour. If the phone is disconnected and I test with the "connected" card the light still goes on while it should stay off.
    I know the device setting works correct because the state of the device actually changes from connected to disconnected so I suspect something goes wrong in the flow. 

• Connecting a device is detected pretty fast, within a bunch of seconds. Disconnecting takes more time, a bunch of minutes. This is by (Ubiquiti) design.

Have a look in the UniFi controller software list of connected devices, to see what status is reported to Homey, at what delay. I suggest testing without the test button, but by using the flow and waiting a bit.

If you can post a screenie of your flow, we can have a look at it.
  • I already experienced the delay with disconnecting but like I mention I saw that the disconnect was seen because the state of the device (in the device list) went to "disconnected" after a while.

This is the little flow I made. while testing my phone is still connected I hit the test button and still the light goes on.

I now get the idea that you're right and that the test option is buggy? It looks like if I just leave the flow running that it works.

• MothaMotha Member
    edited September 2017
    Manually triggering the flow with the test button acts as a trigger for the flow. It will always be executed. Otherwise, the test button wouldn't always work :)

To test conditions in a flow (if a UniFi device is connected or not, for example), use the middle AND column, and add your card there. To test a trigger, you need to let it happen. In your case: Run the flow, disconnect the device, and wait a bit (as you already did).

In other words: Without conditions, the action in the right THEN column always executes. If the trigger event really happens, or when the test button is pushed.
  • skandshus said:
    micha35w said:
    Is there nothing like a plan with steps. So you can follow that steps to get the homey connected to the ap
    i can create a step by step if needeD?
    @skandshus
    I would like to have a step by step manual please, thanks for your time
  • Ik heb een beetje hulp nodig. Ben geen wizzkid, dus als ik hele stomme dingen zeg, vergeef mij bij voorbaat. Ik krijg geen connectie met de Unifi controller en daar zit ook direct mijn grote vraag. Ik start met mijn mac de unifi controller op(lokaal) maar welk ip adres heeft deze controller dan? Dat adres moet ik denk ik invullen mindeze app. Alle hulp is welkom. Bedankt alvast
  • I need some help, i am no whizzkid. So sorry for that in advance. I can not connect with my Unifi controller. And that is the main question. I have to find an ip adres but i do not know where to look. I am using a mac book and starts the ubiquity software(controller) locally. Where can i find the ip adres?
  • @skandshus would you make a step by step?
  • Ik krijg het niet voor elkaar om in te loggen in de app. Ik heb de sitenaam als default, de poort 8443, maar ik weet denk ik niet welk ip adress ik in moet voeren. Ik zou dus ook graag hulp hierbij krijgen, waar kan ik het ip adress vinden? Hopelijk heeft iemand tips. Alvast bedankt!

• Ik maak al geruime tijd van Unifi WLC + Aps en heb ook de app succesvol geintegreerd in homey...
    In de basis kan Unifi prima werken om "precense" te detecteren. Echter werkt dit alleen goed als je daadwerkelijk je wifi signaal (op iphone) uitzet, bij het verlaten het huis en wifi aan laten staan zorgt er voor dat de Unifi controller nog steeds denkt dat je verbonden bent. Als ik het wifi signaal uitzet stuurt hij blijkbaar netjes een "goodby" signaal naar de WLC en bij het verlaten van het huis zonder wifi uit te zetten niet.

Ligt dus in mijn beleving niet aan Homey want die interpreteert de status iedere 15 sec zoals hij wordt teruggekoppeld vanuit de WLC.

Heeft iemand dezelfde ervaring ? En zo ja heb je dit kunnen oplossen (instelling in de Unifi WLC?) Dan hoor ik het graag.

Smartprecense is te onvoorspelbaar en voor iphones moet de check op minimaal 900 sec staan (15min) wat dus betekent dat alles minimaal 15 min aanstaat (en ja ik kan ook wel handmatig mijn aanwezigheid aanpassen maar dat is nou juist het mooie van domotica ;-))
  • After a lot of puzzling, I finally succeed. I wanted to write a step-by-step plan in my understandable language.

Step 1. Start the Unifi Controller software that is running. This is the software that allows you to access your Accespoint (AP).
    Step 2.Let the software find your controller.
    Step 3. Press launch a browser to manage the network
    Step 4. Go to settings.
    Step 5.Check the data that is on Site. Site name is important and SSH authentication there enter your username and password.
    Step 6. Open in windows CMD you now come in the command prompt of formerly MSDOS, now enter ipconfig here. You will now see an ipv4 address. this is your ipaddress of the computer you are currently working on, which also contains the controller software.
    Step 7. We now go to the settings menu of Homey, here you choose Unifi. Now you can enter your details:
    Host: this is the ipaddress you've seen at ipconfig
    Port: 8443
    Username: You entered this at SSH authentication
    Password: You entered this at SSH authentication
    Site: The name you saw at site.
    Step 8. Now press Apply

If everything goes well, he is doing it now. This has helped me at least.
    Note: The computer must stay on all the time, and the software of the controller also

Dutch:
    Na veel puzzelen heb ik het eindelijk voor elkaar. Ik wou even in mijn begrijpelijke taal stappenplan schrijven.

Stap 1. start de Unifi Controller software die op. Dit is de software waarmee je je Accespoint (AP) kan benaderen.
    Stap 2. Laat de software je controller vinden.
    Stap 3.Druk op launch a browser to manage the network
    Stap 4.Ga naar instellingen.
    Stap 5.Check de gegevens die bij Site staan. Sita naam is belangrijk en SSH authenticatie daar vul je gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord in.
    Stap 6. Open in windows CMD je komt nu in de opdrachtprompt van voorheen MSDOS, tik hier nu ipconfig in. Je ziet nu een ipv4 address. dit is je ipadres van de computer waar je nu mee bezig bent, waar ook de controller software op staat.
    Stap 7. we gaan nu naar de intellingen menu van Homey, hier kies je Unifi. Nu kan je je gegevens invoeren:
    Host: dit is het ipadres wat je bij ipconfig heb gezien
    Poort: 8443
    Gebruikersnaam: Deze heb je bij SSH authenticatie ingevoerd
    Wachtwoord: Deze heb je bij SSH authenticatie ingevoerd
    Site: De naam die je bij site heb gezien.
    Stap 8. Nu druk je op Toepassen

Als alles goed gaat doet hij het nu. Dit heeft ten minste bij mij geholpen.

Zorg dat de computer aan is de hele tijd, en zorgt dat de software draait.

• Thx Micha, this did the tric for me. As I have a macbook the following steps wil determine the ip adres. Settings, Network, Advanced, TCP/IP, IP4v4. And there is your ip adres.
  • Thx Micha, this did the tric for me. As I have a macbook the following steps wil determine the ip adres. Settings, Network, Advanced, TCP/IP, IP4v4. And there is your ip adres.
    Finally!!!! 
  • Hey guys,

Who knows why my flow does not work?
     The unifi app status is connected, that is oke (I thing)

And in the log of unifi app is this right?
    “Accesspoint Begrane grond (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx) has 0 clients” Is this not strange.”

• @tonvos6 not sure why that doesn't work, but I did it this way:
    Add a device somewhere, then under Add a Device, you should be able to click Ubiquiti Unify:

On the next screen you should be able to select your OnePlus as Wifi client.
    You can use the Oneplus in flowcards after finishing up.
  • RDtimmer said:
    @tonvos6 not sure why that doesn't work, but I did it this way:
    Add a device somewhere, then under Add a Device, you should be able to click Ubiquiti Unify:

On the next screen you should be able to select your OnePlus as Wifi client.
    You can use the Oneplus in flowcards after finishing up.
    Hi @RDtimmer,
    Yes, I had not done that yet. 
    When you know this, it is very logically.
    I is working now <span>:smile:</span>
    Thank you very much for your feedback.
  • Hi, The app was disconnected for the second time.
    Is this a known bug?
    Settings are back to default.
    THX!