This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[NEW UPDATE] Send SMS (v2.0.0)

2»

Comments

• @chrisboer I could definitely look into those two if you are willing to test for me (I have no account/credit there :) )
    Of course I am willing to test no problem.
  • @chrisboer Great! You can then now start doing so. Version 1.0.1 is sitting on Github and has both providers added.

https://github.com/gruijter/com.gruijter.sms

Please let me know if they both work ok.

Thx!
  • chrisboerchrisboer Member
    edited January 2017
    Twilio does not work, but I am not sure if I put in the correct API token. (Paypal was not executed so no credits)
    So I will try again later. (worked after the payment was correctly done)

Will now try the other one.  (worked)
  • chrisboerchrisboer Member
    edited January 2017
    Ok just completed testing both worked perfect, I personally think Twilio is better and you use an owned number from USA.

Thanks @gruijter_dev great job and so terrible fast ;-)

So two additional services Twilio and SpryngSMS will be added in the next release.

https://www.twilio.com minimum amount 200 credits 20 euro you get a secure connection and API token and password and own USA number to send SMS from so your own dutch number will not be used to send information with.

https://login.spryngsms.com/
    You pay  €13,31 Euro for 100 Credits you send.

• @chrisboer thx for testing! Glad it works well  B) I will release to the appstore this week.
  • @chrisboer thx for testing! Glad it works well  B) I will release to the appstore this week.
    You are welcome, thx for the quick changes to add these services. I will stick to Twilio.
  • v1.0.2 was just uploaded to the appstore, and is waiting approval from Athom. It adds CM Direct as provider. Furthermore some usability improvements and minor bug fixes. Enjoy :smiley:
  • I'm working on a full rewrite of the Send SMS app to SDK2. It will be even more stable, use even less memory, and will have some additional providers.

Any requests to add a SMS provider?
  • Any requests to add a SMS provider?
    aspsms.com would be very nice :)
  • @abeggled. I'm adding the service as we speak. Just need some testing credits from them to check if it works :)
  • cbhcbh Member
    edited April 2018
    Cool!
    Seems like https://www.bulksms.com/ have a smaller minimal payment (7,5 Euro/200 SMSs - and thereby also relatively cheap)
  • gruijter_devgruijter_dev Member
    edited April 2018
    WOOHOO! The new version 2.0 was just submitted to the appstore.

It is faster, stronger, and most of all: smaller.

I reduced memory usage by removing all dependencies and rewriting the app to native node instructions. Furthermore aspSMS and BulkSMS were added as provider, and also some extra DellMont providers.

A new logger was added, so that you can track which SMS messages were sent when, to who and with what content (luckily you can delete the log :) ). It also helps with debugging if errors occur.

• @cbh I will take a look at bulksms. Maybe I can still get it in this appstore release :)
  • cbhcbh Member
    @cbh I will take a look at bulksms. Maybe I can still get it in this appstore release :)
    No stress ;-)
  •  Too late! Been stressing already now  :s  . Good news is, I got it in the appstore release  :p
  • POBPOB Member
    Thank you!

Really happy about Textbelt support. It works great!
  • cbhcbh Member
    Works as a charm with bulksms :-)
  •  B) 
  • POBPOB Member
    edited April 2018
    Using Textbelt works fine. Provider settings is obviously saved, since it works, but the "key" is gone if I return to the settings page. Feature or bug??

/PO
    edited April 2018
    This is now a documented bug
  • Thanks, aspsms works like a charme.
  • RahulRahul Unconfirmed
    edited July 2018
    Hello guys,
    Thanks for proving this,
    Its is also available at <<Link deleted by mod>>. Try Now.
    edited July 2018
    @Rahul can you explain what you Mean? Would you like to have <<deleted by mod>> integrated in my app? Or are you advertising for your own commercial service?
  • Hello, When setting and testing I get the code error: 503
    What can this be / where do I not have an institution?
    Thank you in advance for your answer.
    Ronald
  • Which sms service are you trying to setup?
  • MsgClubMsgClub Unconfirmed, Member
    edited August 2018
    in 2018 now send sms became more powerful. now we can add short url, integration, smpp, campaign  lot's  of option available for send sms or <<link deleted by mod>>

• new version 2.0.1 is pending approval in the Athom app store. It should fix the textbelt settings page, and fix the smsgateway.me as service.