This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

App request: Horstmann HRT4-ZW and ASR-ZW

2»

Comments

• Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Yannick
    I assumed it was already there, did not have a look at it after I submitted it to athom.
    This is the repository:
    https://github.com/priknr1/com.horstmann

I just had a look, and I filled everything in to submit the app to athom, but I forgot to press the acknowledge button :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:  SO it is just submitted and should be in store within days
  • Haha.. great thanks! Been checking during the past couple of weeks and thought it was Athom being slow :)

• Yeah, sorry for that :S
  • I Just received a mail from Athom, and I have now Published the app.
    Please test and fix the things I wasnt able to :S :P
  • spamenigmaspamenigma Member
    edited March 2017
    Nice! Just added and tested! I can finally now successfully turn on/off my heating again :smiley:

Hopefully at some point the status issue can be sorted but for now this was one of the main things stopping me migrating away from FIbaro HC2 to Homey, so many thanks for that!
  • DenWDenW Member
    Hi @Priknr1
    I've installed it also and will try it later this week. Hopefully tonight.. 
    Many thanks for this!! Much appreciated..
    DenW

• xAPPOxAPPO Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi .. I am wanting to try something with a Secure SRT323 that is listed as supported .. has anyone tried this model ?

I am trying to use it for an unusual application. I want a remote battery powered relay (Z-Wave or ZigBee). It doesn't need to respond rapidly so a few mins 'wakeup' delay is OK. There is no power as such available at its location and non really possible.. It is within RF range of Homey.

So I was hoping to use this device as it has an inbuilt relay - the only one with this capability I know of ?   If anyone know of any another solution please let me know.   

I was going to send very high/low setpoints to the thermostat to turn it fully on/off and avoid TPI *.  I would like to be able to read the status of the relay from Homey.  If I could directly control (override) the relay even better as I actually don't need any thermostat functionality as all.

Will this plugin work for that application do you think ?

Thanks Kevin

* Not sure if setting SW2 and SW3 off disables TPI
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited November 2017
    xAPPO said:
    Hi .. I am wanting to try something with a Secure SRT323 that is listed as supported .. has anyone tried this model ?

I am trying to use it for an unusual application. I want a remote battery powered relay (Z-Wave or ZigBee). It doesn't need to respond rapidly so a few mins 'wakeup' delay is OK. There is no power as such available at its location and non really possible.. It is within RF range of Homey.

So I was hoping to use this device as it has an inbuilt relay - the only one with this capability I know of ?   If anyone know of any another solution please let me know.   

I was going to send very high/low setpoints to the thermostat to turn it fully on/off and avoid TPI *.  I would like to be able to read the status of the relay from Homey.  If I could directly control (override) the relay even better as I actually don't need any thermostat functionality as all.

Will this plugin work for that application do you think ?

Thanks Kevin

* Not sure if setting SW2 and SW3 off disables TPI
    SRT323 is not supported! I messed up in the apps comment.  

SRT321 is supported right now.   The SRT 323 is basically the SRT321 and HRT-4ZW in one.

I will try and add the SRT323 as soon as possible, but in my first quick and dirty version it will have the same finctionality as the SRT321.  When i find the time to work everything out, it might be possible to set the output directly in stead of only by changing the target temperature

• YannickYannick Member
    edited November 2017
    Priknr1 said:
    I think I am almost finished with the app. But testing it might bring a lot of problems.

I remember it being a b!tch to add in Homeseer (my previous/current domotica)
    So below is a  guide on adding it and having it to work properly.

Boiler unit is the device you connect to the boiler
    Thermostat is the device that would be in your living room

1Power up the boiler unit. If the network light is blinking (i.e. no network) then skip steps 2-4.
    2) Put the thermostat into installer mode (dip switch 1 on).
    3) Turn the dial to ‘P’ and then double-click the dial to get ‘PP’
    4) Turn the dial to ‘E’ and click to make the ‘E’ blink. The network light on the boiler control unit should now be blinking.
    5) Now take the batteries out of the thermostat to ensure it doesn’t interfere with the next steps.
    6) Click "add device" in homey and select "Z-wave" under "Homey"
    7) Press the Network button on the boiler unit. The network light should be lit. Homey has now added the boiler unit.
    8) Put the batteries back into the thermostat.
    9) Make sure the thermostat is still in installer mode (dip switch 1 On)
    10) Turn the dial to ‘L’
    11) Click "add device" in homey and select "Z-wave" under "Homey")
    12) Click the dial.
    13) Homey has now added the thermostat.
    14) Now turn the dial on the thermostat to ‘Li’ and click to make the ‘Li’ blink. This basically keeps the thermostat awake for a minute so you can configure it in Homey.
    15) Go to the Device > Configure the thermostat: Set the wake-up time between 4 hours and 5mins. I picked 5 minutes , since I power the thermostat with an adapter. Otherwise batteries could drain fast
    16) Also, set parameter 1 to a value between 128 and 255. This turns on the temperature sensor in the thermostat so the room temperature can be reported to HomeSeer.
    17) On the thermostat turn the dial to ‘A’, and click it to make ‘A’ blink.
    18) Press the network button on the boiler control unit (for longer than 1 second).
    19) ‘P’ should be displayed on the thermostat.
    20) Take the thermostat out of installer mode (dip switch 1 to off)
    21) Remove and replace the batteries in the thermostat (not entirely sure this is necessary but I wanted to check it had stored the settings and come out of installer mode properly).
    22) Done!

Some updates to the guide:
    steps 6 and 11: don't get tempted to select the device from the sercure/horstmann section. Add as basic z-wave device!
    step 16: don't think this is needed. was set automatically to 128 I think (first parameter called: "zet temperatuur sensor aan")
    step 19: Mine said AP, not P.
  • @xAPPO

Turned out that the SRT323 should already be supported, but was listed as the SRT321.

I split them so now the SRT323 is a seperate device. (app v 0.1.4)

It does not have a command class to directly control the output. So indeed you should use the target temperature.

• any idea how to fix the temperature reading?

• @Yannick ;  Are you sure it is incorrect? ;) :P

I see your battery is not showing a value yet either, so could it be that it has just not received data yet and is therefor showing this value?
  • well I configured it with the Li modus and it has been 22 hours now, so should have updated right?
  • Yannick said:
    well I configured it with the Li modus and it has been 22 hours now, so should have updated right?
    You'd say huh :S

So, when you set the target temperature in homey, does the thermostat show the new set target 5 mins later?
    If not, it seems like there is something wrong in your communication somehow.  Tried a reset z-wave? or even a ptp?

Just checked in my insights and my actual temp and target temp are updating just fine the last day on the latest available beta firmware. So no problems there.
    Maybe if even a ptp doesnt work, try to re-add it?
  • yes setting target from homey works just fine. 
    Re-add just the thermostat or also the boiler schakelaar?
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Yannick
      I dont think you need to re-add the boiler unit, since the boiler unit, homey, and the thermostat work in kind of a triangle. So it should not be of influence to the homey - thermostat communication
  • Hi, I am a newbi in homey related issues.

And at the moment i am trying to include a Secure SRT323 in to the Homey, and the only thing that i get after the "includeed" is "Retrieving command class versions" and then Fail to .... and no device is included..

I am using the secure / Horstmann App and chose the SRT323 .

how do I proceed