This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

start flow based on delta humidity

In several other topics I mentioned to have replaced Domoticz for Homey, Kaku for z-Wave and Blockly for Flows.
With Blockly I could 'program' an execution of a device based on multiple triggers, with flows I just need to create multiple flows to have the same result.... so far so good

but..... now the next step B)

I have replace for my central home ventilation the KAKU ACM-3500-1 with a Fibaro FGS-223. This still gives me the ability to have the home ventilation in 3 position based on which switch is turn on/off
I have created multiple flows which triggers weekday/weekend and time of the day and also when a dryer is turned on/off. Based on the triggers the switches turn on or off to set the unit in the low/mid/high position.

Now I'm trying to deal with the latest part to control the central ventilation unit and hopefully someone can help me or push me in the right direction
I'm trying to trigger if someone is taking a shower based on the humidity. In other words: if someone is taking a shower the humidity increases within a minute or 2 several points. If this happens I want the ventilation unit to be in high position.

So my question is: how do I create a flow which starts based on a Delta (lets say +2 within 2 minutes)?
Is this posible with Homey (and I think Better Logic is needed here)?

Thank you

Comments

• Biggest part will be the sensor shouting the humidity me guess. U have to make him shout the value every 2 minutes.
    And why not run the fan when humidity is above a certain lvl?
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    Don't have a working solution, but was think of a way to help you.

First, I use (usb powered !) Aeotec Sensor 6 sensors which have the following setting options:

It states that it will only update humidity if this exceeds a certain threshold in %. So, if the value increases above a certain percentage, it will update the value. That update can be seen as a flow trigger:

If I understand this correctly, as it acts on 'delta percentage' and not on 'delta 'value', it should meet your case. Tweak the sensor to only report above the desired delta humidity. In that case any report will be a valid trigger and could switch on the ventilation. In this case you don't need a cron job either.

As an alternative, store humidity_current in a variable every minute.  Compare stored with actual every 2 minutes?
    Good luck!
  • Biggest part will be the sensor shouting the humidity me guess. U have to make him shout the value every 2 minutes.
    And why not run the fan when humidity is above a certain lvl?
    This is the way I used it within Domoticz, but in wintertime the outside humidity is lower than during summertime.
    During summertime this can cause the Unit not to switch to lower positions and during wintertime it take so much longer to reach certain humidity to even switch to higher positions.... so delta between to actuals is best posible way
  • Eternity said:
    Don't have a working solution, but was think of a way to help you.

First, I use (usb powered !) Aeotec Sensor 6 sensors which have the following setting options:

It states that it will only update humidity if this exceeds a certain threshold in %. So, if the value increases above a certain percentage, it will update the value. That update can be seen as a flow trigger:

If I understand this correctly, as it acts on 'delta percentage' and not on 'delta 'value', it should meet your case. Tweak the sensor to only report above the desired delta humidity. In that case any report will be a valid trigger and could switch on the ventilation. In this case you don't need a cron job either.

As an alternative, store humidity_current in a variable every minute.  Compare stored with actual every 2 minutes?
    Good luck!
    I was not aware of sensors that uses 'delta' percentages.... but this could help.... only I don't have these sensors and before puchasing it.... I was hoping to solve it with some 'better logics'
  • I thought I was being clever..... but unfortunately....

My thoughts with better logic --> i have created 2 Number variables (set_hum and set_hum2)
    With countdown I have setup 'douchen'

Flow 1

Flow 2

What i was hoping for was a new flow where the trigger was with Better Logic 'if set_hum < set_hum2' but unfortunately... someone a better (and working) solution?
  • Hi guys , I am working on the same thing, did you ever got it working right?
    I was trying to counter the summer winter effects to make a "base" value and then let a offset to that value trigger the ventilation on.

It only updates the variable when the ventilation is not running, because when it is, the humidity will be high and we need to get to the base value when we started.
     The " ventilatie is aan" is for when I want to switch the ventilation off when im taking a bath.

What I wanted to make, but don't get it working is a check before and if the ventilation needs to start: if humidity (value from sensor is greater then "huidige vochtigheid +15" start ventilation.
    I tried in better logic but could not get it right , when I ran the check the value was always true.

Any thoughts?

• It looks like this, I put in 35 , so 35 + 15 < 66 (humidity was 66)