This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flow - turning lights on and off with countdown timer

2»

Comments

• Not sure, but because you kill the power of the hue lamp, maybee when turnig it on again it needs time to be regonised again?? so to test it you could add a delay of .... lets say 10 sec seconds as first card in the "then colum" just to try and if it works or not put a few seconds more or less
  • Oy1974 said:
    Not sure, but because you kill the power of the hue lamp, maybee when turnig it on again it needs time to be regonised again?? so to test it you could add a delay of .... lets say 10 sec seconds as first card in the "then colum" just to try and if it works or not put a few seconds more or less
    its need indeed time to regonize. thats the delay, no need to set an extra delay
  • Oy1974 said:
    Not sure, but because you kill the power of the hue lamp, maybee when turnig it on again it needs time to be regonised again?? so to test it you could add a delay of .... lets say 10 sec seconds as first card in the "then colum" just to try and if it works or not put a few seconds more or less
    That's what i meant. When timer is still running and the power is killed, and goes on again the timer is not reset me guess
  • Oy1974 said:
    That's what i meant. When timer is still running and the power is killed, and goes on again the timer is not reset me guess
    When power is killed Homey does not see that the Hue lamps go to OFF, because in Homey they stay ON.
    So it does not matter if the timer is running or not. When the switch is turned on, Homey does not see that the Hue lamp is turned on Because its is on already ( In homey's mind).

So it works only if some flow Turns ofF the Hue lamps.

That the Hue lamps stay ON when power is killed could be a BUG.
  • Thanks all!

I guess the problem is indeed that Homey doesn't recognize that the light has been manually switched off, without power.
  • Hello everybody,

May I ask you for some help again? I have set up those flows to turn on/off the lights. It goes like that :

1. If motion is detected, turn on light and Stop the timer.

2. If motion stops, start the timer

3. If timer is zero then turn off lights

But I would like to add Homey voice. When someone goes into the room I would like Homey to say "Welcome" but I wonder if I add a voice in those flows, would Homey say "Welcome" each time the motion sensor is triggered ? How could I set things up? Is it possible to do it :) ? It would be inconvenient to hear Homey says "Welcome" every 5 minutes :D

Thank you very much
    See you soon
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited December 2017
    1 example would be:

Make a boolean variable with the Better logic app.
    Ur first flow will then look something like:

1. IF motion is detected AND boolean is true THEN turn on the light
                                                                                                           Stop timer
                                                                                                           Set boolean to false

At some time of the day (pick a time which suits u best) make sure the boolean is set to true again:
    IF time is 23.59 THEN set boolean to true.
    This way u get only 1 message a day.
    U can also set the boolean to true several times a day for more 'welcome' messages.
  • 1 example would be:

Make a boolean variable with the Better logic app.
    Ur first flow will then look something like:

1. IF motion is detected AND boolean is true THEN turn on the light
                                                                                                           Stop timer
                                                                                                           Set boolean to false

At some time of the day (pick a time which suits u best) make sure the boolean is set to true again:
    IF time is 23.59 THEN set boolean to true.
    This way u get only 1 message a day.
    U can also set the boolean to true several times a day for more 'welcome' messages.
    Hi, sorry for the late reply but it has been working quite well so far. Thank you for your suggestion :)
  • PacoSPacoS Member
    baboonen said:
    Thanks all!

I guess the problem is indeed that Homey doesn't recognize that the light has been manually switched off, without power.

When power is killed Homey does not see that the Hue lamps go to OFF.

This is because there is no “power” in the Hue Lamps to send a signal (Off) to Homey.

When using a Hue remote switch, it should work (because the “power” is still connected to the Hue lamp and it can send a signal to Homey. Do not know if a Hue remote switch and Homey can be connected to the Hue lamp at the same time.

• caseda said:
    It is easier to switch it around.

1. If motion is detected, turn on light and Stop the timer.

2. If motion stops, start the timer

3. If timer is zero then turn off lights
    Hi thx for this solution! its a older post but it helped me.
    I was asking myself though, with these timers do they run just once, so if the timer = zero turn off the light will be executed once, or does it keep sending the turn off command because the statement is true?

Just to be sure i put in a AND Timer reaches zero AND light is on THEN Turn off, but im not sure if this is needed?