This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[NEW] Netgear router app

1235»

Comments

• v1.3.1 was just uploaded to the appstore, and is pending approval from Athom.

This has some small optimizations, and a new debug logger

The app has been running very stable for myself, hope it does for others as well. If it does not, drop a message in this forum :) If it does, drop a message in this forum :)
  • ARJARJ Member
    Stable it is !
  •  :* <3  
  • Trouble:
    For some reason the app couldn't "get/refresh logs".
    Noticed the app was still labeled as Beta.
    Tried installing the app from the app store - was warned that would cost me my settings and accepted that...
    Now I cannot add my router - get the error message "wrong IP or wrong SOAP port"
    Autodetected values are "admin", "routerlogin.net", SOAP port = 0

Tried uninstalling/re-installing the app, rebooted Homey, same result :-(
    Any suggestions?

Homey:
    FW 1.5.6-rc8
    App v. 2.0.1

Routerinfo:
    Firmware=V1.0.4.4_1.1.42 RegionTag=R8000_WW Region=ww Model=R8000 InternetConnectionStatus=Up ParentalControlSupported=1 CircleEnabled=0 OpenDNSEnabled=0 SOAPVersion=3.20 ReadyShareSupportedLevel=29 XCloudSupported=1 SmartNetworkSupported=0 DeviceMode=0 LoginMethod=1.0
  • @cbh when pairing try manually setting the ip address of the router, and the SOAP port (80 or 5000)
  • @gruijter_dev
    Same result...

But then I noticed a fw-update was available for the router - and after installing that one, it worked with port 5000 :-)
    Come to think about, that there might have been another fw-update for the router recently - might be something was messed up by that - and saved by the new one...

Conclusion:
    The app is just as good as before - stuff works again :-)
  • cbhcbh Member
    Hi,
    The download/upload speed that is logged now is the actual load on the connection - is there some way to make the system check the maximum bandwith periodically?
    In my router settings (X6 R8000) there is a possibility to test the bandwith using Speedtest (think this feature is available in most Netgear routers) - is it possible to trigger a test and log the result?

Could be interesting to see if my ISP delivers the bandwith I pay to have - as it seems like that is not always the case :-(
  • Hi cbh. Thx for the input. But this is not something I intend to do, and also I do not think the soap interface supports it. 
  • cbhcbh Member
    Okey-dokey @gruijter_dev ; :-)
    If somebody has an idea how it could be done, I'm all ears...
  • Version 2.0.2 was just uploaded to the app store.

Once it is approved you can let Homey enable or disable your guest wifi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)

<3 
  • @gruijter_dev

Hi Robin,

5 months a go I uninstalled the app, because I did nog have any flows and homey told me that I have to many apps.
    I would like to use the app now to turn on/of guest network.

Installed the app and tried to add my R7000 router but I got the error:

Wrong IP-adres
    I used:

http//:192.168.8.1
    routerlogin.net

Poort numbers:

I tried a ptp.

But nothing seams to work.
    Is it me ore is there a error in the app?

• SOAP-port 5000 is in my settings. And just use the ip-adres without the http
  • It must be you :D @0burner0

But on a serious note. I tested the app on a r7000 myself. It was actually initially developed for the r7000, and other routers were added later.

Did you follow the instructions as mentioned in the appstore?

• It must be you :D @0burner0

But on a serious note. I tested the app on a r7000 myself. It was actually initially developed for the r7000, and other routers were added later.

Did you follow the instructions as mentioned in the appstore?

Yep followd the instructions 

http://routerlogin.net/currentsetting.htm
    Firmware=V1.0.9.18_1.2.27 RegionTag=R7000_WW Region=ww Model=R7000 InternetConnectionStatus=Up ParentalControlSupported=1 CircleEnabled=0 OpenDNSEnabled=0 SOAPVersion=3.20 LoginMethod=2.0 ReadyShareSupportedLevel=29 XCloudSupported=1 DeviceMode=0

Router ip:
    admin

Strange is that a few months a go it worked and I managed to add my router.
  • Mmh. I still have my r7000 lying around. I will spin it up some evening this week. Maybe something changed with new firmware (hope not :#)
  • Mmh. I still have my r7000 lying around. I will spin it up some evening this week. Maybe something changed with new firmware (hope not :#)
    App-version 2.02 with settings below works:

• @0burner0 I see from bvdbos screendump that he has a newer firmware for his router. Please try again after upgrading your router.
  • 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited March 2018
    @0burner0 I see from bvdbos screendump that he has a newer firmware for his router. Please try again after upgrading your router.
    Updating worked !! (auto update was on but didnt fetch this update)

Thnx for your help!

@bvdbos also thnx!!

:( added my router, switching on/off guest network works, but my normal wifi connection has to reconnect evvery time I turn it on/off. 
  • how do I find the soap port setting?
  • @0burner0 great that you managed to pair your router :)
    I think that you tried the wrong setings a few times, and then the router blocks your Homey. The firmware upgrade resets the blocking, and voila.
    Another way to deblock is to usr the genie app to manually block Homey, and then unblock it again.
    Yes, I noticed also that my normal network sometimes resets when I enable/disable the guest network. But not every time. This is something Netgear does, and I have no control over it allas.

@vyncke002 I added auto soap port detection and auto ip detection some versions ago. Just enter the password and leave the other fields on default during paring. After paring you can see the values in the device settings.
  • chrismarshchrismarsh Unconfirmed, Member
    edited July 2018
    I think you are using old version of the App. Delete this version and download the updated version of the app.
  • New release coming up in the appstore SOON. It has reduced memory usage and fixes some minor bugs.