This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Moving to a new home - asking for inspiration

13»

Comments

• I am in an apartment building. So no lawn :)
  • Question regarding strength of the sun .. and fibaro motion / light / lux meter .. 

Most of my shades are west oriented .. they are all connected to homey .. as spring began I can see that we will have a lot fo sunshine in the apartment .. which I like .. the light and the sun .. but later I think it would heat the apartment too much .. I can automate shades with "time of the day" .. but I would like to keep the shades open when there is light outside but not direct sun rays ..

Anyone knows .. can I use lux sensor to "see" when there is direct sun light on windows .. and when there is just bright day. . but no direct sun rays on windows?

So on direct sun light I can roll down the shades .. if that would help to prevent some heating and the need for air condition .. 

• Best use a sensor with UV.
  • jprgometjprgomet Member
    edited March 2018
    Best use a sensor with UV.
    I see only Aeotec Multisensor that has UV sensor .. but that is a good idea .. to measure UV .. it should be more accurate is there direct sun light ..

edit: to get UV readings I need to put it outside .. which would a problem .. (rain)
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2018
    Uv will need to be measured outside, inside pretty much all uv will be blocked by the windows. 

The difference in lux should be enough to see shadow (apr. 1000-4000), sunshine (apr. 4000 - 8500) and direct sun (apr. 8500+)
  • tnx .. I have Fibaro motion sensor .. I have putted it at the bottom of living room window .. pointed at 45 degrees .. which is spot on at sun sky path .. will measure it tomorrow from the sunrise .. 
  • still collecting data .. but direct sunlight is above 30.000 lux .. around 20k is bright cloudy day ..