This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• @mruiter Could you tell me how that works?
  • vaderag said:
    Is there any way to do something like " if luminance is less than 20 or not registered"?
    I have flows that use <x and 95% off the time they work, but the coolcam devices seem to lose the luminance every now and then. I'd rather have the action happen in this situation than not, so would like to be able to prepare for this eventuality...
    Just wanted to follow up on this in case anyone knows...
    My one sensor is still not reporting luminance so while I can turn it off I know it'll come back at some point so I'd rather be able to put in an if for when this situation occurs
  • Has anyone bought the new Coolcam siren?
    I see it has USB power as well as battery - just wondering if
    a) the USB means that the device reports at all times and acts as a repeater (if connected)
    b) if the device can swap between USB and battery in the case of a power outage?

Thanks!
  • vaderag said:
    vaderag said:
    Is there any way to do something like " if luminance is less than 20 or not registered"?
    I have flows that use <x and 95% off the time they work, but the coolcam devices seem to lose the luminance every now and then. I'd rather have the action happen in this situation than not, so would like to be able to prepare for this eventuality...
    Just wanted to follow up on this in case anyone knows...
    My one sensor is still not reporting luminance so while I can turn it off I know it'll come back at some point so I'd rather be able to put in an if for when this situation occurs

Maybee it would be best if you unpair the sensor. Do a factory reset of the sensor on the sensor itself and readd it. Then all settings for reporting in should be back to default again.
  • mruiter said:
    @baboonen ;
    Are you able to test the latest version from my github @baboonen ?

I have added the info 

The Beta version has been approved by athom in the appstore so you could try out the beta . Theres a switch to beta version option in the appstore
  • Read the post above about PIRs that actually do not contain a temperature sensor even though they are marketed as such. I have recently bought two PIRs from the Coolcam store and they claim it should include a temp sensor. I have tried removing and adding the PIR again and still see no temperature  in Homey .

Is it that I have received v1 instead of a v2  or am I doing something wrong? I am running the latest stable version of the app

Thanks
  • if the icon is a v1 you have a v1 .. if the v2 icon is selected for youre pir then you have a real v2.
    the first ones where seen two weeks ago
  • adjuadju Member
    @mruiter
    Is it possible to have a card for the and/en column maybe something like "if lux is ...."
    I like to use the lux of the Neo Coolcam motion sensor like the KaKu "schemer sensor" abst-604
    For example I use this as follows
    ALS  de bewegingsmelder gaat aan / IF motion sensor turns on
    EN  het nachtalarm is aan. / AND Nightalarm is on
    DAN zet het licht aan / Then switch on the light

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2018
    @adju this should already be possible with homey logic cards. You can drag the lux var card from tags into it with a formula.
    If lux < 100 in the AND part should do it if i understand youre question right 
  • adjuadju Member
    mruiter said:
    @adju this should already be possible with homey logic cards. You can drag the lux var card from tags into it with a formula.
    If lux < 100 in the AND part should do it if i understand youre question right 
    Thanks, never to old to learn.
    And indeed that's what I meant.
  • Hi, need help here! I would like to change the default Motion Off time, which seems to be at 30 seconds. In the config I can change a parameter but as I understand this is only for associated devices in group 2. How can I can this value for Homey? It seems possible in the device, but I cannot figure out how to set the device. Thanks for your help!
  • I have a neo coolcam doorsensor at the front door and a flow that writes something in simple log (front door open).
    Since a few days homey is not triggering the flow 50% of the time.

But in the Heimdal logs I can see the following:

29-03-2018 07:32:21.125 unknown Heimdall Voordeur contact: Geopend
    29-03-2018 07:32:13.853 unknown Heimdall Voordeur contact: Gesloten

-> This triggers the simple log flow

But when it doesn't trigger the flow I can see the following in the Heimdal log:

29-03-2018 07:36:00.426 unknown Heimdall Voordeur contact: Gesloten

Looks like it's missing the 'geopend' line.
    Battery issue? I didn't change anything to the setup and there are non-battery powered z-wave devices nearby.
  • Hi Guys, maybe this is already discoverd but for the NEO coolcam power plug users which does net receive any readings with 1.5.x firmware. If you pair the wall plug and select "Lamp"  instead of " other device"  it does show readings now.
  • Anyone got experience with the keyfob? The button for SOS seems to work always, but button 1/2/3 works only random. When i press one the buttons i always get the "beep" signal, so it seems the button is pressed correctly.

• mruiter said:

The Beta version has been approved by athom in the appstore so you could try out the beta . Theres a switch to beta version option in the appstore
    Thanks, it works!
  • But unfortunately the option(s) to turn off the leds don't work. It doesn't work in the flows nor the device itself.
  • strange , they work here. then i would need a debug output when running the app in cli to see what it tells then when pushing the settings 
  • How do I do that?
  • GrisenGrisen Member
    edited April 2018
    @mruiter  I tried to pair the same pir with my friends Fibaro HC2, and there the controller managed to pick up motion, lux and temperature.

Am I doing something wrong when I pair my device to Homey, or is there a limitation in the neo coolcam app? Thanks
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2018
    @Grisen If youre V1 has already the sensor but not the V2 firmware there isnt much i can do. It will give a error on all the other V1's with the correct firmware. 
    If you have a correct V2 with a V2 firmware and a temp sensor it will show up.

The homey z-wave driver doesnt allow me to make some kind of test to see if its a V2 that has a bad firmware flash and has a temp sensor.
  • One of my PIRs seems to have died, or at least lost sync

It's stuck as far as homey sees as being motion on and battery at 33% but even removing the battery doesn't change this.

Can anyone advise what the method to remove from the zwave network is? Tried long press and multiple presses and no luck
  • Quick triple press ?
  • Quick triple press ?
    Yeah, tried that. I get nothing. Looks like I need to trytr new battery. Very odd that the last reading was 33% tho...
  • Did u measure the battery?
  • Did u measure the battery?
    Did u measure the battery?
    Measure it? How?
  • Take it out and attach a multimeter to it?

• Take it out and attach a multimeter to it?

So, I actually have a multimeter but i've never used it to test a battery... forgive the stupid question but what settings do i need to stick it on to get the % of the battery remaining?
  • Lots of the multimeters has a battery measure function. They all have a DC measure function. Where a new battery from 3V needs to measure a little bit more then 3V when it’s new, a battery measuring way less then 3V is not gonna last much longer.
  • So new batteries arrived from Amazon before I could get the multimeter out and a switch over solved the issue.

Is there any way to achieve more accurate battery reporting?
    Otherwise guess I need to set my battery alert at 33%