This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey 1.5.8 and 1.5.9

Comments

• fekenfeken Member
    Here too, 1.5.8 totally broke my fibaro z-wave stuff

in 1.5.3 everything was fine, never any problems with my fibaro homeplugs, and they totally stopped working in 1.5.8.
    Resetted the whole thing.. rejoined the plugs.. it works for a few hours and then stops working.. switching on and of is broken and no way to fix it.
  • I'm not sure if its related to the recent update to 1.5.8 but the homey clock is running 1 hours behind the real time.
  • @OetAelse, there is a solution for this.  Please search the forum for "1 hour behind".
  • OetAelse said:
    I'm not sure if its related to the recent update to 1.5.8 but the homey clock is running 1 hours behind the real time.
    Solution is on the forum and on github, as mentioned above just use the search
  • vk900vk900 Member
    While reading through the comments I think that I will wait to go to 1.5.8 (currently 1.5.3)

• phil_sphil_s Member
    edited March 2018
    I have absolutly no problems with 1.5.8. z-Wave and zigbee are stable. Ok, i have only xiaomi and No ikea but all are great working. 

But i think it is for everyone an other Situation. So i am glad so far. 
  • PhaetonPhaeton Member
    edited March 2018
    And z-wave is unstable. Its weird. 1.5.3 was very stable with regards to z-wave. Now things are on and off unstable. Sometimes snappy, sometimes very slow. I have a lot of motion sensors which trigger events. Could it be that it the events are slower and it looks like z-wave is slow?
  • Phaeton said:
    And z-wave is unstable. Its weird. 1.5.3 was very stable with regards to z-wave. Now things are on and off unstable. Sometimes snappy, sometimes very slow. I have a lot of motion sensors which trigger events. Could it be that it the events are slower and it looks like z-wave is slow?
    Totally agree. Seems to me though that it’s specific devices. What’s even weirder, is that I can’t see any problems on Homey, it’s as though the devices themselves are not sending the signals properly (or Homey is just refusing to listen)!
  • The refuse to listen makes sense. My lights for example dont always turn off. I could check homey to see the motion status if i encounter a light that stayed on. Is github the best way to report my issues?
  • If you have a reproducible issue then GH is the best place. For the rest, please try to heal your network first (only powered devices and give them some time). Also, take a look at the zwave-log to see what's happening. Try to figure out if it's Homey not receiving signals or not registering signals or perhaps the devices not sending. If you have a misbehaving sensor, try to re-include it in Homey and see if that makes a difference (probably does).
  • bvdbos said:
    If you have a misbehaving sensor, try to re-include it in Homey and see if that makes a difference (probably does).
    Not for me. 
  • PhaetonPhaeton Member
    edited March 2018
    bvdbos said:
    If you have a reproducible issue then GH is the best place. For the rest, please try to heal your network first (only powered devices and give them some time). Also, take a look at the zwave-log to see what's happening. Try to figure out if it's Homey not receiving signals or not registering signals or perhaps the devices not sending. If you have a misbehaving sensor, try to re-include it in Homey and see if that makes a difference (probably does).
    I have healed the network.

Unfortionately the behaviour is very inconsistent and therefore not easy to track. One hour everything works fine, another hour all is acting up.

Thanks for your suggestions and i will look into the logs to help and add info in github. 

But... I choose to stay on stable versions because i dont want to spend this much time anymore on fixing issues like i had to do with previous systems and when on unstable versions. For me this issue is very annoying since all worked well on 1.5.3 and i should be able to rely on stable updates to be stable.
  • FredHFredH Member

After the update 1.5.8 all my fibaro devices are not working anymore, other z-wave devices are ok.

PTP are not working then I rejoind the plugs and then I can no longer add the plugs to homey.

I pull the battery out off the motionsensors, but it works for a schort time and then stops again.

ZigBee devices are stable and work fine.

How can we fix the problems with the fibaro devices?.

• FredH said:

After the update 1.5.8 all my fibaro devices are not working anymore, other z-wave devices are ok.

PTP are not working then I rejoind the plugs and then I can no longer add the plugs to homey.

I pull the battery out off the motionsensors, but it works for a schort time and then stops again.

I have the same problem with my Fibaro devices. 

For my motion sensor and Door Window v1 sensors, I also had to pull the battery every so often to make them work, it eventually killed the battery for all of them. Had to replace all of the batteries. They still aren’t that reliable though. Sometimes I open the door and just nothing happens. 

My Door Window v2 sensors seem to give less problems, but still not as reliable as they used to be. 
  • FredHFredH Member
    FredH said:

Fibaro motionsensors V1 z-wave are working fine, so t think the problem is only for the fibaro devices V2 z-wave+
  • I have a bunch of motion sensors (V2) and Single/Double switches but I don't have any problems with the latest update. Maybe the wall plugs are giving issues?
  • I use Fibaro (v1) devices too. Could it be that the new way handling affects first version Fibaro devices?
  • I have investigated my zwave network. I found two fibaro switches which where updating the energy status multiple times/second. Settings seemed right. I resetted the devices and now they stopped doing it. Hope this helps. But the suggestion to look what happens in logs is a good start. I used the nsa logger.
  • FredHFredH Member

Now even more trouble with my homey network.

Now trying to pair neo coolcam devices again no change it is not working.

How to get my fibaro and neo coolcam plugs paired again?

What is happening when I reset or reinstall de z-wave in homey, do I have to add all the devices again or not.

The day before yesterday my zigbee network was ok but now it looks like this, I can't not add the picture of my network, but it is all loose ends not a network anymore.

• CyberSponkCyberSponk Member
    edited March 2018
    Phaeton said:
    I have investigated my zwave network. I found two fibaro switches which where updating the energy status multiple times/second. Settings seemed right. I resetted the devices and now they stopped doing it. Hope this helps. But the suggestion to look what happens in logs is a good start. I used the nsa logger.

Tryed this Workaround > No Devices shown which Updating their Energy-Status multiple Times/Seconds.
  • It's not a workaround, it's finding the cause of issues in your zwave-network ;)

@FredH Did you hardware-reset the devices? And did you exclude the devices from Homey?
  • FredHFredH Member
    I exclude the devices from homey, this afternoon I do a hardware reset of the devices and try to pair the devices to homey.
  • PhaetonPhaeton Member
    edited March 2018
    bvdbos said:
    It's not a workaround, it's finding the cause of issues in your zwave-network ;)

Yes, I shared it because it could help people finding the cause of an issue. It could very well be that the plugs already had this behaviour but it only came out after the update. I blamed the update but it seems my solution works pretty well. Z-wave is pretty fast again. Lesson learned: before blaming the update first investigate a bit more ;)
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    Phaeton said:
    ... I used the nsa logger.
    @Phaeton
     Which logger did you use?
  • Thank you!
  • ComputerbluesComputerblues Member
    edited March 2018
    Corresponding with the findings in github #2333, I have trouble paring a Secure SRT323 thermostat with Homey 1.5.8. I got it after upgrading from 1.5.3, so I can’t tell if it is the device or something in the pairing procedure not working well. When adding through the Horstmann/Secure app or generic Ziwave device, initially the node is recognized as slave node, but then times out when retrieving Command Class. Unlike the report in #2333, removing the device still works. I am not a developer and am actively learning Homey based on the stable builds solely. In the current state, Homey is far from ready for production use.

on a positive note, adding a Xiaomi Aqara temperature sensor worked a treat...
  • I also have the same problem. After the update 1.5.8 my fibaro devices are not stable anymore V1 and V2 , other z-wave devices are ok
  • just wanted to share that in my case everything just works fine.
    use fibaro dimmer 2, fibaro sensor, ikea tradfari lamp 
    further combination with Alexa via IFTTT and Logitech Harmony Hub app
  • ComputerbluesComputerblues Member
    edited March 2018
    Corresponding with the findings in github #2333, I have trouble paring a Secure SRT323 thermostat with Homey 1.5.8. I got it after upgrading from 1.5.3, so I can’t tell if it is the device or something in the pairing procedure not working well. When adding through the Horstmann/Secure app or generic Ziwave device, initially the node is recognized as slave node, but then times out when retrieving Command Class. Unlike the report in #2333, removing the device still works. I am not a developer and am actively learning Homey based on the stable builds solely. In the current state, Homey is far from ready for production use.

on a positive note, adding a Xiaomi Aqara temperature sensor worked a treat...

Sorry, I referred to the wrong Github issue: it should be #2333, I have updated my post accordingly.
This discussion has been closed.