This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Weather API to excute flow help

Pardon the newbie question. I have an API source for local weather and it's using a GET request to collect information.
The API site request is open source but doesn't allow son path.
I tried using the Simple HTTP Connector app and got the response but thereafter I'm stuck.
Any ideas how I can get the data I need (which is just a specific area) to trigger a flow on some keywords?

I've used both the open weather app and weather underground apps but they lag behind and usually trigger the flow when it's already raining. Not so useful when I'm trigging outdoor blinds on rain and I end up having a wet balcony. 

Comments

• viix said:
    Pardon the newbie question. I have an API source for local weather and it's using a GET request to collect information.
    The API site request is open source but doesn't allow son path.
    I tried using the Simple HTTP Connector app and got the response but thereafter I'm stuck.
    Any ideas how I can get the data I need (which is just a specific area) to trigger a flow on some keywords?

I've used both the open weather app and weather underground apps but they lag behind and usually trigger the flow when it's already raining. Not so useful when I'm trigging outdoor blinds on rain and I end up having a wet balcony. 
    Build an app that uses your own information or your own weather station