This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Bellman & Symfon

This question is basically for everyone with hearing problems.

My father has a hearing problem and uses devices from bellman & Symfon.
There is no app for use with homey, so I can't use the devices from Bellman with Homey.
Perhaps can this company with it's devices be added in homey, because than I can made flows that use with these devices

Comments

• If you can give us more information on which devices your father uses and where we can find the technical information about these devices maybe someone in the community could help by creating an app? Do you know if these devices are connectable to homey via Wifi, Zwave or any other wireless technology?
  • CarloCarlo Member
    If you can give us more information on which devices your father uses and where we can find the technical information about these devices maybe someone in the community could help by creating an app? Do you know if these devices are connectable to homey via Wifi, Zwave or any other wireless technology?

These are the devices and they work with the following  frequencies: 314.91 MHz, 433.92 MHz or 868.30 MHz, depending on region.

The Visit Flash Receiver - model BE1441

The Visit alarm clock pro - model BE1370

The Visit pager receiver - modelBE1470

The Visit door transmitter - model BE1411 

The Visit smoke alarm- modelBE1480 

The Visit telephone transmitter -model BE1431 

• CarloCarlo Member
    Carlo said:
    If you can give us more information on which devices your father uses and where we can find the technical information about these devices maybe someone in the community could help by creating an app? Do you know if these devices are connectable to homey via Wifi, Zwave or any other wireless technology?

These are the devices and they work with the following  frequencies: 314.91 MHz, 433.92 MHz or 868.30 MHz, depending on region.

The Visit Flash Receiver - model BE1441

The Visit alarm clock pro - model BE1370

The Visit pager receiver - modelBE1470

The Visit door transmitter - model BE1411 

The Visit smoke alarm- modelBE1480 

The Visit telephone transmitter -model BE1431 

For info you can look on the following websites:
    For dutch.        https://www.multicaresystems.nl
    For English.     https://bellman.com
  • Maybe contact Athom for this,  i can imagine that they wil be intrested in this.
  • CarloCarlo Member
    Oy1974 said:
    Maybe contact Athom for this,  i can imagine that they wil be intrested in this.
    maybe you're right
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    I too use B&S devices and would love to see a Homey integration.
    Bear in mind that B&S has two different sets of devices; operating on 868,x MHz and 433,x Mhz. So that is the first hurdle...

14 months ago I contacted the Dutch developer of the Lisa App (a similar system to Bellmann). I sent him the signals of my own B&S system, after capturing it via Homey. As far as he could tell, it was not possible to develop an App for it... Perhaps with future Athom RF tools, it would be possible.

This is the original thread in Dutch:

"......Ik moet je jammer genoeg (voor nu) wel teleurstellen, de opgepikte signalen zijn zeer waarschijnlijk niet van jouw apparatuur, of enkel een verstoring van het spectrum. Ze waren zoals je al zei op de andere band dan verwacht zou worden en relatief willekeurig.

Homey is zo gebouwd dat hij enkel luistert naar AM modulatie, de meeste apparaten gebruiken OOK (On Off Keying) dat een ondervorm is van AM. Zo wordt gezorgd dat homey zo veel mogelijk producten tegelijk kan ontvangen. De luistermodus die je hebt toegepast naar aanleiding van mijn documentje luistert op dezelfde manier.
    Als ik moet gokken zou ik zeggen dat jouw apparatuur FSK modulatie gebruikt, ook een vorm die veel wordt toegepast en iets robuuster is in zijn communicatie dan OOK modulatie. Homey is voor zo ver ik weet al geschikt om deze signalen te genereren, maar omdat er veel variabelen zijn en er (voor zover ik weet) nog geen manier is signalen van deze vorm met Homey op te pikken kunnen we ze niet eenvoudig namaken.

Athom heeft wel al een betere RF tool beloofd voor Homey dus zodra die er is kunnen we het zeker nogmaals proberen!
    Wat je eventueel voor nu ook nog zou kunnen proberen is toch de oudere apparatuur eens aan te slingeren en kijken of je daar nog iets mee ontvangt mocht je die nog hebben liggen.....".

• yemoHyemoH Member
    When it turns out that an app is not possible, you might try a power socket. I noticed my land line uses briefly more than 3W when someone calls me. I plan to use that power spike to trigger flashing the Hue lights in my house. Unfortunately there is also a spike for outgoing calls. :-(