This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Heating Scheduler for Heat-It + Popp Radiator + Hot water via Fibaro

Hi,

I've got 7x Z-Wave Popp TRVs and controlled by 7 Heat-It thermostats I have 4 water-based underfloor heating zones and 3 electric underfloor heating zones.

I have Fibaro relays triggering boiler to come on and off based on the demand from the zones, and other Fibaro relays in switches for manual on-demand immersion heater, hot water, and for a pump that circulates the hot water through the water pipes during certain times of day.

Currently this is all running from one 'Heating Panel' in a Fibaro Homecenter 2.  It allows you set and copy temperatures and times of day etc. between defined zones and manually override for a set number of hours.  I'm wanting to switch to Homey, but can't see any way of doing this.  

It seems there was an app but not anymore.

Could somebody point me in the right direction.

Comments

• k1s said:
    Hi,

I've got 7x Z-Wave Popp TRVs and controlled by 7 Heat-It thermostats I have 4 water-based underfloor heating zones and 3 electric underfloor heating zones.

I have Fibaro relays triggering boiler to come on and off based on the demand from the zones, and other Fibaro relays in switches for manual on-demand immersion heater, hot water, and for a pump that circulates the hot water through the water pipes during certain times of day.

Currently this is all running from one 'Heating Panel' in a Fibaro Homecenter 2.  It allows you set and copy temperatures and times of day etc. between defined zones and manually override for a set number of hours.  I'm wanting to switch to Homey, but can't see any way of doing this.  

It seems there was an app but not anymore.

Could somebody point me in the right direction.

maybe this can help -> https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3503/virtual-smart-thermostat
  • k1sk1s Member
    Thanks, it says it's superceded by virtual devices app, but I don't get it what: how do I set up virtual devices to be like a heating scheduler?
  • k1s said:
    Thanks, it says it's superceded by virtual devices app, but I don't get it what: how do I set up virtual devices to be like a heating scheduler?
    check the complete topic that i linked, otherwise you will need to make an app or find a developer to make it
  • k1sk1s Member
    lubbertkramer said:check the complete topic that i linked
    I read the topic you posted but don't see a scheduler.  Later @Arie_Laxed said:" As a starting point, I've added a Thermostat to the Virtual Devices App ", but again I don't see a scheduler.

lubbertkramer said:...otherwise you will need to make an app...
    That's beyond my capability, hence the reason for the question

lubbertkramer said:...or find a developer to make it
    Any suggestions where/how to do that?
  • k1sk1s Member
    Can anybody give me some help please?

How are other people scheduling heating in multiple zones?  Each of my thermostats has 4 set points per day, so really is the only way to create 4 flows x 7 days per week x each of 14 thermostats (392 flows)???

[I couldn't find any answers in lubbertkramer's cryptic references to long threads].