This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey 1.5.8 and 1.5.9

Comments

• How long will a typical update take from 1.5.3 to 1.5.8?
  • rickprickp Member
    Here it was 10-15 mins. purple dot starts small, gets larger, then reboot and done
  • When I went to 1.5.6 rc ... it took over three hours......
  • Willem said:
    Ok. update is done here. yellow ring was running and then Homey did say something, I didn't understand.
    Would like to now what that was.
    Now I see only a puprle led light running on the Homey. Is this normal or what should I do?
    '
    Normally it says something like 'Homey is updating, please don't turn it off' (free translation from Dutch :P )
  • CarosCaros Member
    Just updated, went fine! Anyone knows why at developer tools the Z-wave network drawing isn't showing?
  • Cause it was giving a false view:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2148
  • KikkerX10 said:
    Purple means it is updating
    Ok thanks, Homey has update nicely and is running now on version 1.5.8 
  • Phaeton said:
    Homeseer is older and has more users. It has way way more integrations. So that comparison is not fair. I come from homeseer. I Ioved it, but it required more scripting, the interface was less appealing and events/flows are a bit more complex. But offer more functionalities. Untill now there is nothing i cant do with homey which i could do with homeseer. I moved out of my house and decided to give homey a chance. I sticked with homey. Just my 2 cents. 

For now this update seems to handle z-wave better.
    Hmmm. it looked like it handled it better. Its now way slower. I healed some nodes. Lets see if that works. 
  • Phaeton said:
    Phaeton said:
    Homeseer is older and has more users. It has way way more integrations. So that comparison is not fair. I come from homeseer. I Ioved it, but it required more scripting, the interface was less appealing and events/flows are a bit more complex. But offer more functionalities. Untill now there is nothing i cant do with homey which i could do with homeseer. I moved out of my house and decided to give homey a chance. I sticked with homey. Just my 2 cents. 

Hmmm. it looked like it handled it better. Its now way slower. I healed some nodes. Lets see if that works. 
    Thanks for the update Phaeton. Please let us know if the healing of the nodes helped on the performance. 
    Right now it is a lot of guessing and hoping when new firmware is released - and this is the type of situations that makes me worry.
    Fingers Crossed...  
  • Using heal in 1.5.8, I could fix some very stupid routes of Fibaro motion sensors. They are a lot more reliable now.
    So, I am happy with 1.5.8

But I think it is stupid from Z-Wave perspective that I need to manually heal a node to force it to find a better route.
  • @SietseVisserthat's the way zwave works. Healing a network can take a lot of time, you might not want Homey to do that by itself...
  • I also received my update yesterday. Took about 20 minutes. Hookedup my Xiaomi Mi Zigbee stuff, all paired at the first try. Working like a charm. Nice!
  • Did the update yesterday. Update went fine and everything is working as expected. I finaly added my long waiting Xiaomi door sensors which work very well now. Thx Athom!!!
  • @DrDoom @OetAelse good to hear! Enjoy the Xiaomi sensors / stuff....
    Xiaomi Mi ZigBee app install count is rapidly growing....
  • @DrDoom @OetAelse good to hear! Enjoy the Xiaomi sensors / stuff....
    Xiaomi Mi ZigBee app install count is rapidly growing....
    What did you expect Ted...? Everyone wants to use it now :)
  • Started the upgrade 2 hours ago, how to tell upgrade is finished?
    System version still reports version 1.5.3
    The blue bar slided to 95% and now is gone.

Is it safe to reboot and retry?
  • Can you reach the user-interface? Then you can see the version. If that's not possible you may want to try a PTP if no colors are showing in the ledring...
  • User interface was reachable hence I could determine the version not yet updated.
    Checked the CPU which was at normal idle load
    Rebooted Homey, waited until apps were started okay and cpu load got reduced to normal idle load
    Then retried the update, its updating now ...
  • Update completed in about 20mins. And all Apps (29) seem to be running okay.
    No clue why it initially failed, by i expect a corrupt or incomplete download as the root cause
  • I also had to run the update twice. First time the system just rebooted but nothing happened. Second time it worked.
  • juuldk said:
    Phaeton said:
    Phaeton said:

Thanks for the update Phaeton. Please let us know if the healing of the nodes helped on the performance. 
    Right now it is a lot of guessing and hoping when new firmware is released - and this is the type of situations that makes me worry.
    Fingers Crossed...  
    Healing works really well. Im back to the old level. Maybe even better, light respons on motion seems snappier. I'm back to happy!
  • Does healing on a battery powered device work?
    Since those devices are in sleep mode most of the time sending them a heal command probably won't arrive at the device... 
    I tried a Fibaro motion sensor yesterday and got a 'failed' error back after a few seconds. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2018
    HEAL = renew internal neighboring Table.
    Pretty much all (but not all) battery devices have no neighboring Table, so you can send the heal command when it is awake, but it won't do anything
  • caseda said:
    HEAL = renew internal neighboring Table.
    Pretty much all (but not all) battery devices have no neighboring Table, so you can send the heal command when it is awake, but it won't do anything
    Can you elaborate on that a little? I don't fully understand  :)
    So when you send a heal to a mains-powered device and it checks what devices are it's neighbors and then stores that in a table.
    A battery-powered device doesn't have such a table, so how does it know what neighbors it has and what route will be taken to reach Homey?

(sorry for the off-topic btw)
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2018
    Powered indeed have a table to which device is nearby, no routes nothing, just the neighbors.

Battery devices just send the signal out, zwave isn't necessarily a beaming protocol, it is just like wifi, a sphere of information. (it can beam though) 
    So why should it care which device is near.
    It won't save power or anything.
    Beaming would even cost more power.

Then the routing devices route that to homey (if needed).
  • So powered devices 'target' their neighbors for sending data while battery devices just 'spread' data around in the hope that the controller or a routing device picks it up and confirms they received it?

And why have a heal-button for battery devices in the nodes-table when it has no actual function? That only confuses users :)
  • I installed 1.5.8 a couple of days ago.  My findings so far : Z-wave seems to be more reliable, but not really faster.  Since the update, Homey reboots spontaneously at least once a day.  The first two days it was during the night, but today it was during daytime.  Anyone else has seen this behaviour?

• haven't seen any reboots here, just working.  
  • Charley said:
    I installed 1.5.8 a couple of days ago.  My findings so far : Z-wave seems to be more reliable, but not really faster.  Since the update, Homey reboots spontaneously at least once a day.  The first two days it was during the night, but today it was during daytime.  Anyone else has seen this behaviour?

I just had today a red ring and reset.
    The first time since I do have Homey
  • My Z-Wave network has gone to hell since installing 1.5.8. My house went back to the stone age, not even my doorbell works anymore. Door sensors are not working / late. Completely unreliable.

Never have I had so many problems with Homey as I do now...

https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues/212

https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues/211
This discussion has been closed.