This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[App] Smart Presence

2»

Comments

• phil_s said:
    here iPhone 6s and iPhone 8 are not stable with this app anymore. a few month ago it wored nearly 100%
    Same here, one is on iOS 10 and one using iOS 11. 

I reported a bug but was not acknowledged.

it was working for many many months. I tried resetting router, modem, Homey and reinstalled the app. 

Without this app, my entire Homey is unstable. It very much depends on knowing whether someone is there or not.
  • Yes, here we depend on reliable presence detection too.

Pity it stopped working.

The mentioned Tasker solution is not available for iPhone users. And the geofence solution via Owntracks wasn't successful either.

Hope this gets some Athom love. 
  • Well, this is definitely an issue with the phones as multiple people already stated. Then again, it's up to the developers to work around this. There have been numerous fixes for standard-presence already. When was the last time you used Homey presence?
  • I created this ticket:
    https://bitbucket.org/terryhendrix/homey-smartpresence/issues/28/smart-presence-has-stopped-working

and I will inform Terry that i'm not the only one.

• @quakerix
    Like i've stated in the issue: this is normal operation of the app. Devices go on the network, and they go off the network. This is why the away delay exists. As long as the log doesn't show "<Name> Left" it means the device is still registered as "present" in the app. 
  • Also: I have some troubles with 2x LG G4. If it's very late, then the phones will disconnect from the wifi. There isn't much I can do about this, as phones choose their own disconnect behaviour. Increasing the away delay helped in my case, but still it happens sometimes. 
  • @Eternity
    Try this:
    Away delay: 900
    timeout: 3
    Stress period: 300
    stress timeout: 2

This is what i use for my LG G4 devices. 1800 is really long, I know. I'm actually working on a geofencing approach with the use of Automate flows. If i get this done, smart presence will receive an API on which you can post device statuses as well. It may take a while before it's done though, "next year". :)
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited December 2017
    Mentiond it before, just use a door sensor on your main doors to the outside in combenation with the count down app. So when door opens start timer.
    When timer active and Marietje leaves then mark as away. This way it doesnt matter if you phone losing wifi when your at home.... homey wil only set your away when the timer runs. 
  • Hi,

Smart has been running stable again for a few months since my last instability. 

But today, somehow, someway, i was set to away two times while i was at home. So I wanted to go debugging. 

But when I look at my devices:

Their icons are all the same. Wasn't it the situation that if a person was 'away', the icon or something would change so you could see if that person was marked away?

I restarted the app. 
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited February 2018
    quakerix said:
    Hi,

Smart has been running stable again for a few months since my last instability. 

But today, somehow, someway, i was set to away two times while i was at home. So I wanted to go debugging. 

But when I look at my devices:

Their icons are all the same. Wasn't it the situation that if a person was 'away', the icon or something would change so you could see if that person was marked away?

I restarted the app. 
    This is the new standard after the new update. See comment at the app
  • I have seen the comments in the app store after the latest update, still I do not understand the logic to this decision. I have about 8 persons to monitor, now it looks like everyone is at home... :s

For me, not every change turns out to be an improvement...
  • RuudvB said:
    I have seen the comments in the app store after the latest update, still I do not understand the logic to this decision. I have about 8 persons to monitor, now it looks like everyone is at home... :s

Yeah, i'm a little bit confused by it. 
  • Yes, it agree it's not a nice update to the App. I too would have been happier if the icons would have worked as they used to do.
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited February 2018
    RuudvB said:
    I have seen the comments in the app store after the latest update, still I do not understand the logic to this decision. I have about 8 persons to monitor, now it looks like everyone is at home... :s

I agree. I don't like it myself also. There is also not an solution in the programm itself. It is possible to make VD buttons and switch them on and off by presence (see comment of glije) as a selfmade solution.
  • JonJon Member
    hi all, why is it that (after I deactived Wifi on my phone and verified in my router settings that the phone is not in the network anymore) Smartpresence detects my phone as being 'present' when I am running the 'test' of the smartpresence flow?
    Anyone has the golden tip?
  • I don’t know how fast you checked after switching of WiFi .
    it takes about 10 minutes to be not present anymore
  • JonJon Member
    canedje said:
    I don’t know how fast you checked after switching of WiFi .
    it takes about 10 minutes to be not present anymore
    Thx for your response. I tested my 'presence' flow after verifying in my router that my phone was not anymore visible in the network. And yes, that took indeed a couple of minutes to happen. But when the router does not see my phone anymore, I am wondering why the smartpresence app still marks my phone as 'present'...
  • Because the app is only checking after a while
  • JonJon Member
    Thx again. I check my settings. It checks it every 10 seconds, see screenshot. I just retested the flow, it still sees me as being present...
    Am I still doing something wrong?

• canedjecanedje Member
    edited March 2018
    It is checking every 10 seconds for log. You are looking at the wrong spot, you need to check by devices at each person by the wringe.
    For me the "afwezigheidsvertraging" is about 10 minutes (600 sec)

• JonJon Member
    Ah, thank you! @canedje