This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Solved

Link Multiple Homeys

bwhightbwhight Member
edited March 2018 in Devices
Hi everyone

Can anyone explain exactly how to link multiple Homeys?  I cant find a support article on the subject.  I'm guessing one will be 'master' and the others 'slave'?

Also, once the Homey's are linked, would I then be able to add a Zwave device to the Homey that is closest to it and that device would show on the 'master' Homey too?

I've installed about 50 Fibaro Dimmer 2 and Switch 2 modules in my new house.  Now Im choosing a controller for them.  Fibaro HC2/Lite is an obvious choice, but I much prefer to open nature of Homey, if it will work.  The house is quite large, so Im concerned about Zwave performance from just one controller.  

Thanks in advance guys. 

Tagged:

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2018
    bwhight said:
    Hi everyone

Can anyone explain exactly how to link multiple Homeys?  I cant find a support article on the subject.  I'm guessing one will be 'master' and the others 'slave'?

Also, once the Homey's are linked, would I then be able to add a Zwave device to the Homey that is closest to it and that device would show on the 'master' Homey too?

I've installed about 50 Fibaro Dimmer 2 and Switch 2 modules in my new house.  Now Im choosing a controller for them.  Fibaro HC2/Lite is an obvious choice, but I much prefer to open nature of Homey, if it will work.  The house is quite large, so Im concerned about Zwave performance from just one controller.  

Thanks in advance guys. 

Please use the search function, connecting multiple Homey's has been adressed several times and there are also  github issues about it. At this moment it's not possible and it has no high priority at Athom

Topic will be closed, when you want it reopened contact me or any other moderator wich can be found at the forum rules
This discussion has been closed.