This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Z-Wave

Fibaro Wall Plug association

KyrcioKyrcio Member
edited March 2018 in Devices
I am trying to associate the Fibaro Dimmer 2 S2 switch with a Fibaro Wall Plug (Z-wave association), but the association seems to have no effect. I can associate the Dimmer 2 with another Dimmer 2, but not with the Wall Plug. I have tried two different Wall Plugs, but none work.

I believe the devices are all in direct range (same room), but the network map is gone from the dev tools (where did it go?) so I cannot verify. All units can be controlled from the smartphone app without problem, and I can successfully "emulate" the association using a flow and by enabling scene activation on the Dimmer 2.

The Wall Plugs have ID 18, 20 and the other Dimmer 2 have ID 22. Setting ID 22 causes that lamp to toggle, but setting e.g. one of 18, 18.1, 20 or 20.1 all have no effect. I am using association group 4.

Am I missing something, or is this something Homey cannot set? I know that at least Z-wave.me could set this association using the same units.
Tagged:

Comments

• Are both the S2 and the wall-plug linked securely?
  • bvdbos said:
    Are both the S2 and the wall-plug linked securely?
    Actually, that was the problem for one of the wall plugs. On the z-wave page, it did not say “Secure”. I have no idea why, the other one said “Secure”, and from what I can tell they are identical. Homey bug? Anyway, for the non-secure wall plug, setting parameter 27 to 0 made the association work (but I guess without encryption then). The other wall plug I never got working.

Now that I have at least one working association, I’m going to apply the principle “don’t touch what already works”, but I would still like to know
    1) Why was one wall plug in non-secure mode and the other not
    2) why is the secure one not working
    3) If I delete and reinclude the non-secure one, would that mean it would stop working?