This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Lights and switches sometimes doesn't turn on/off in flow

Hi,
I'v got a few flows running to turn on/off lights (zwave switches and zigbee lights) on sunset/sunrise.
I quite often find the occasional light not turned on or off, i.e not 100% reliable. The devices vary, not always the same, and they do respond to manual turn on/off just fine, i.e zwavw/zigbee networks are fine.
Is there a limit to the number of simoultaneous devices one should manage in a single flow? Or what might be the problem?

Comments

• Maybe tell us what FW ur running in Homey. Also maybe a screenshot of the flow so we can investigate what can go wrong.
    Flows are extremely simple.
  • Flows have more devices than show on the screen shots.
  • Are there logs I can view to see what happened to a spcific device that didn't turn on or off?

• Nah. But there was a little issue with zigbee bulbs not reacting all at the same time. Should be fixed in 1.5.7 tho.
    Maybe u could try to add a delay in the cards by clicking the little clock icon in the very up right corner?
  • Sending lots of signals at the same time will always be more prone to errors then sending one-by-one.
  • cgHomecgHome Member
    edited March 2018
    I have the same problem with a motion detection flow, but with the Philips Hue app (with bridge) and only one light (corridor/Gang). I have tried different flows with a "Device -> Turn the specific Device of" or "Hue -> Turn all lights off in a room" or as "Virtual Device" etc. Always with the same result... 

FW: v1.5.3
    Philips Hue - App: v3.0.4

• cgHome said:
    I have the same problem with a motion detection flow, but with the Philips Hue app (with bridge) and only one light (corridor/Gang). I have tried different flows with a "Device -> Turn the specific Device of" or "Hue -> Turn all lights off in a room" or as "Virtual Device" etc. Always with the same result... 

With the bridge app it's known because Homey gets the information by polling wich can take up to 5 seconds, best is to connect the motion sensor directly to Homey Zigbee
  • cgHomecgHome Member
    edited March 2018
    cgHome said:

With the bridge app it's known because Homey gets the information by polling wich can take up to 5 seconds, best is to connect the motion sensor directly to Homey Zigbee

I know, i use the Zigbee-App for the motion sensor and the bridge for the lights (for the scenes).

I see in the "Heimdall-log" that turns off the light, but nothing happens. (Send information to Heimdall -> Corridor Light - off)

Is there a log with the communication between Hue-App and Hue-Bridge, because the Homey-Logger can't log the app (Error: This app does not support realtime logging)
  • Nah. But there was a little issue with zigbee bulbs not reacting all at the same time. Should be fixed in 1.5.7 tho.
    Maybe u could try to add a delay in the cards by clicking the little clock icon in the very up right corner?
    Now I've added a 5 sec delay to each card in the flows. (Are they fired sequentially?) Today one of my Hue bulbs (controlled directly by Homey) again didn't turn on by the flow. There are 7 bulbs in that flow, all Hue. This is not good.
  • The problem still exists...  :/
  • JPeJPe Member
    @lajo01 ; the delay for each card should be different because all cards are starting at the same moment, so if you want to start them 5 seconds after each other, you have to use delay's of  5, 10, 15 seconds.
  • adding to that: If that works you can start lowering the pauses. Five seconds per light seems a bit long. Two or maybe one should be enough (but depends on the strength of your network, the channel of your wifi -see here- and the load on your Homey).