This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Smartphone App (Preview)

Comments

• Rex said:
    Vleege said:
    @Bram how can we participate in the bèta program for the smartphone app? Already subscribed at Google Play, will I receive the new app when published or is there another program which I can join?

Hi Vleege,  go to Google Play and search for "Homey (Preview)"
    Rex thanks for your response. I guess I'm in the bèta program than. Using preview app for several weeks now in addition to the stable app. I thought there was another channel but I understand now that the current preview app wil be replaced by what we've all seen in the software status updates last weeks.
  • Vleege said:
    Rex said:
    Vleege said:
    @Bram how can we participate in the bèta program for the smartphone app? Already subscribed at Google Play, will I receive the new app when published or is there another program which I can join?

Hi Vleege,  go to Google Play and search for "Homey (Preview)"
    Rex thanks for your response. I guess I'm in the bèta program than. Using preview app for several weeks now in addition to the stable app. I thought there was another channel but I understand now that the current preview app wil be replaced by what we've all seen in the software status updates last weeks.
    Indeed, the old app (stable) will be removed in time, all updates regarding the new app will be done on the preview until it's stable 
  • Hi,
    Thanks for putting me in the beta program.
    First impression: look simpel, but feels good.
    Until now I found that the connection to the EvoHome, from within a thermostat does not work. (something went wrong addressing device <devicename>. (Timed out after 5000ms)
    If I do the chat with homey and ask: "Stel de temperatuur bij <naam> op 21 graden in, it works.
    Next week I'll test to make some flows from within the app!
    Franz

• mveckmveck Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi All,
    The app is working very well. I now found that creating flows using the Beta App works much better than on Homey Desktop. Especially the way tags are visible (current active tags and device tags are clearly separated) furthermore the drag and drop of tags in desktop was cumbersome.
  • I have signed up for beta, How long time does it take to get aproved?
  • deedje said:
    I have signed up for beta, How long time does it take to get aproved?
    Depends on how busy Athom is but can take some time if you just signed up
  • funkyfishfunkyfish Member
    edited February 2018
    Signed up for the beta program a week ago (iOS). Are new beta users still being assigned? Thanks in advanced!
  • funkyfish said:
    Signed up for the beta program a week ago (iOS). Are new beta users still being assigned? Thanks in advanced!
    Same here
  • Any update on the availability of the new app (update)? Beta expires in 14 days.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    WouterNLD said:
    Any update on the availability of the new app (update)? Beta expires in 14 days.
    So it's still 14 days wich is two weeks in wich a lot can happen :) Athom will come with more information when they have information
  • WouterNLD said:
    Any update on the availability of the new app (update)? Beta expires in 14 days.
    So it's still 14 days wich is two weeks in wich a lot can happen :) Athom will come with more information when they have information
    No disrespect intended regards you answer, but the main app hasn't been updated in 5 months. The new app, which we were asked to test, hasn't been updated since 13 December, so roughly 2,5 months. Athom has been vocal via e.g. newsletters, their meeting and a presentation on a conference in which an optimistic sound is heard.

I think it is a very reasonable question, especially since Homey is (marketed as being) out of beta for a long time, to ask what the timeline is.

So @Athom - when can we get an update or when will the app be released? 
  • They told us we would be informed about the new app in this monthly behind the scenes blog. Still no word about what to expect...
    https://blog.athom.com/behind-magic-february-2018/
  • In Testflight (ios) I see that Homey app (V2) will expire in 11 days.
    When it expires, I cant use the app any more?
  • 0burner0 said:
    In Testflight (ios) I see that Homey app (V2) will expire in 11 days.
    When it expires, I cant use the app any more?
    They can just push out a minor update and you get the 60 or 90 days renewed.
  • I for one am very sorry to read that the desktop application will be removed in favor of a phone/tablet app. Despite tha the desktop has obvious usability limitations when using longer names and longer variables etc, I don't see how a phone-app will do this better in regards to usability.

For configuration purposes, I would prefer a properly functioning web interface over a phone app any day.
  • Homey V3 is available now. Doesn’t look like it is much different from the previous version though.
  • Cant wait
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited March 2018
    I for one am very sorry to read that the desktop application will be removed in favor of a phone/tablet app. Despite tha the desktop has obvious usability limitations when using longer names and longer variables etc, I don't see how a phone-app will do this better in regards to usability.

For configuration purposes, I would prefer a properly functioning web interface over a phone app any day.
    indeed. This is discussed already several times. I'm also not happy

<<Modbreak>> Plz stay ontopic

• adjuadju Member
    For those who wants Homey preview on your laptop/pc or mac try  open source NoxPlayer you can download the program from https://downloadnox.com/ 
    After that you will be able to install Homey preview and work with mouse and keyboard.
  • funkyfish said:
    Any updates? Are new beta testers still being accepted?

• My request to become a beta tester for the app on iOs has been approved today :smile:
  • mveckmveck Member
    Thanks for approving my request. Will start today.
  • Louis28Louis28 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hopefully the new app will be released soon.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited March 2018
    adju said:
    For those who wants Homey preview on your laptop/pc or mac try  open source NoxPlayer you can download the program from https://downloadnox.com/ 
    After that you will be able to install Homey preview and work with mouse and keyboard.
    Very Interesting, but how can I download the HomeyApp? I only see Installed, but that is on the SmartPhone, is there a trick to download the APK file?

• I’m still waiting for access... been waiting for 2-3-4 months now..
  • adjuadju Member
    JPe said:
    adju said:
    Very Interesting, but how can I download the HomeyApp? I only see Installed, but that is on the SmartPhone, is there a trick to download the APK file?

In the map Google you find the icon for the play store, then search for homey preview and install the app.
    Then hopefully when the app is available for a tablet you can use it in a bigger screen when Nox is setup as
    a tablet. 
  • No app update for almost 4 months now... Is Athom waiting till they can release a 'Release Candidate' version? I prefer smaller updates so the beta testers can review the new functionalities immediately. 
  • Gerco90 said:
    No app update for almost 4 months now... Is Athom waiting till they can release a 'Release Candidate' version? I prefer smaller updates so the beta testers can review the new functionalities immediately. 
    I believe there will be a development update each first friday of the month.
    https://blog.athom.com/?lang=nl
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Last update from Jeroen on the iOS beta slack app on march 24: 

We’re dropping just the media part of music, controlling speakers will remain possible, also through the new smartphone app. On top of that, speaker apps such as sonos can still provide custom flow cards for media or playlist control, just not through a our standardized API.