This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Several KPN settopboxen (Motorola)

Hi all,
As a lot of others, I imagine, I have more than 1 tv with more than 1 settopboxes. In my case I have 2 downstairs and 1 upstairs.
When adding devices to Homey, I can only add 1 settopbox. Is it possible to add more settopboxes and how can Homey keep them apart?
The same goes for the televisions...... 3 Philips tv's, 2 downstairs, 1 upstairs....

Comments

• Bunte said:
    Hi all,
    As a lot of others, I imagine, I have more than 1 tv with more than 1 settopboxes. In my case I have 2 downstairs and 1 upstairs.
    When adding devices to Homey, I can only add 1 settopbox. Is it possible to add more settopboxes and how can Homey keep them apart?
    The same goes for the televisions...... 3 Philips tv's, 2 downstairs, 1 upstairs....
    Guess the first problem is how will Homey control the box upstairs if it goes by IR, IR is not a great signal that has a great reach

This app enables Homey to send IR remote signals to your KPN SetTopBox. For now it is not possible to listen to signals of the remote.

With TV is the same if it goes by IR, if it goes by internet (smart part of the tv) you can mostly add the IP of the tv in the app and just add more then one if i'm correct
  • NattelipNattelip Member
    edited January 2018
    why dont they have an ip api like the ziggo ones in this times of domotica , i have them from xs4all was used to
    ziggo , if i see the brown remotes at some houses of kpn likes it looks they havent updated the hardware the last 15 years
  • @lubbertkramer, thanks for the suggestion of putting my tv's ip in the app.\

Ofcourse did I forget about the problem that IR won't get to upstairs... I wonder if Homey will be able to control more than one box downstairs. However, I can still connect only one settopbox.....
  • You do not connect to any settopbox. The app emulates the remote from the settopbox. So the settopbox within reach of the IR, will react. If you have multiple settopboxes within reach, all of them will react to the same command.

You can compare it to standing in the electronics store in front of the tv wall with a remote. press 1 button all react.
  • Nattelip said:
    why dont they have an ip api like the ziggo ones in this times of domotica , i have them from xs4all was used to
    ziggo , if i see the brown remotes at some houses of kpn likes it looks they havent updated the hardware the last 15 years
    Ziggo also doesn't have an API. A lot of information was reverse engineered and I managed to create an app out of the information that others reverse engineered.
  • jorden said:
    Nattelip said:
    Ziggo also doesn't have an API. A lot of information was reverse engineered and I managed to create an app out of the information that others reverse engineered.

I'm also wondering if it is possible to control the KPN settopboxes through IP commands. I think it is hard to reverse engineer, because there are no smartphone apps which you could use as an example. Do you think it is possible to control the KPN settopboxes with IP commands @jorden?
    I need this because my settopbox is in my TV dressoir, and Homey stands on it. 
  • Gerco90 said:
    jorden said:
    Nattelip said:

I'm also wondering if it is possible to control the KPN settopboxes through IP commands. I think it is hard to reverse engineer, because there are no smartphone apps which you could use as an example. Do you think it is possible to control the KPN settopboxes with IP commands @jorden?
    I need this because my settopbox is in my TV dressoir, and Homey stands on it. 
    I don't  know how they did it with the Ziggo settopbox; I just used someone's PHP app as a guideline for the Homey app.