This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Z-Wave SDK2

[APP] MCOHome app - Main discussion topic (v1.1.2)

13»

Comments

• Here it is
    Type: MH-S311H

Trying to add the 2 gang  (MH-S312H) but homey's having a hard time detecting it..
  • viixviix Member
    edited January 2018
    I have 3 switches that I need to link/associate all their respective sub-node 4 together. I know you can just associate it with one another if it was just 2, but for 3 I can't add more than one association.

What I did was to daisy chain the association, i.e. Node 1.4 to Node 2.4, Node 2.4 to Node 3.4 and 3.4 back to Node 1.4.

The above seems to work but would this be the correct way of associating or is there another way of grouping. I'm not sure if this will cause an endless loop (pardon my ignorance).

also, after adding the switches to Homey, you would set the types that switch is associated to, Lights/fan/etc within homey. Is this something that can be changed later?
  • Hi All, just need some help on the physical button for MCO.
    Question
    I have an empty MCO button(B), which I am trying to link it to another button (A). It works if I use software/ App to trigger the flow. However, I doesnt work if I press the Empty Button(B), It does not trigger (A) to turn on the lights.

Backgound
    1. I have several MCO 4 gang panels.
    2. I managed to setup flows:
    When B is on - Switch A on,
    When A is on - Switch B on,
    When B is off - Switch B off,
    When A is off - Switch B off.

Any idea why the buttons are not relaying. In actual fact, my software does not reflect the actual status of the buttons.

Help please.
  • I'm interested in the CO2 Monitor, but can't find information about connections (relais switches etc).
    I also want to know what flow cards are available in homey flows for this CO2 monitor.
    Anyone with experience with this CO2 monitor? 

• I've updated the MCO Home app in the app store:
    v1.0.6
    * Add support for MH-S311(H) and MH-S312(H) for Z-Wave Plus models
    * Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.7
    @viix this should solve your issue with detecting the Z-wave plus version
  • Some Q&A:
    viix said:
    I have 3 switches that I need to link/associate all their respective sub-node 4 together. I know you can just associate it with one another if it was just 2, but for 3 I can't add more than one association.

What I did was to daisy chain the association, i.e. Node 1.4 to Node 2.4, Node 2.4 to Node 3.4 and 3.4 back to Node 1.4.

The above seems to work but would this be the correct way of associating or is there another way of grouping. I'm not sure if this will cause an endless loop (pardon my ignorance).

also, after adding the switches to Homey, you would set the types that switch is associated to, Lights/fan/etc within homey. Is this something that can be changed later?
    I don't think it is needed to daisy change the association. 
    You could use a star like association for each device:
    Node 1.4 > Node 2.4, Node 3.4
    Node 2.4 > Node 1.4, Node 3.4
    Node 3.4 > Node 1.4, Node 2.4
    It will not start an endless loop, since the state of the relay will already be set in the first action and will not trigger the association groups.

On your question regarding the device class (type of switch): unfortunately, it is not possible to change the type within Homey. With Homey 2.0.0 this should become possible. Until that time, you will have to remove and re-include the device to change the class.
    sebtay said:
    Hi All, just need some help on the physical button for MCO.
    Question
    I have an empty MCO button(B), which I am trying to link it to another button (A). It works if I use software/ App to trigger the flow. However, I doesnt work if I press the Empty Button(B), It does not trigger (A) to turn on the lights.

Backgound
    1. I have several MCO 4 gang panels.
    2. I managed to setup flows:
    When B is on - Switch A on,
    When A is on - Switch B on,
    When B is off - Switch B off,
    When A is off - Switch B off.

Any idea why the buttons are not relaying. In actual fact, my software does not reflect the actual status of the buttons.

Help please.
    @sebtay I assume that A and B are buttons of different switches.
    I think you can solve this by using the option @viix mentions; the use of association groups.

If you have switch A (node ID 23) with 4 buttons and switch B (node ID 54) with 4 buttons and would like to link button A3 with button B4, you will to add 54.4 to association group 3 of switch A and press save.
    Node ID's can be found in the device information.
    I'm interested in the CO2 Monitor, but can't find information about connections (relais switches etc).
    I also want to know what flow cards are available in homey flows for this CO2 monitor.
    Anyone with experience with this CO2 monitor? 

Yes, I have the CO2 sensor myself.
    It does not have a relais switch build in, so you'll have to create the logic (switch on a device) in a flow.

Flow cards that are available are:
    Trigger cards (WHEN):
    - CO2 alarm turned on / off
    - Temperature changed (with token)
    - Humidity changed (with token)
    - CO2 level changed (with token)

Condition cards (AND):
    - CO2 alarm is on
  • viixviix Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks TedTolboom!

All my Zwave plus switches are now added!

For the 2 gang Zwave plus switches, the association for switch 2 works when I have it in group 5 instead of group 3 (as indicated in the Info when I mouseover the little "i" beside the text field in group 2).

As for association grouping, I found out that if I am using the star like association grouping,
    Node 1.4 > Node 2.4, Node 3.4
    Node 3.4 > Node 1.4, Node 2.4
    my switches will turn behave erratically by turning on and off either once or non stop sometimes (maybe because of the lag in the zwave network or congestion where the switch states is not updated as fast as the relaying?)

I found out that for my case, having all the slave associated to the 1 node that's wired to the light, and that main light associated to all the slave in a star grouping works best. Just sharing it here in case anyone's facing the same problem or have found a better solution.
    Here's how I have mine now, Assuming Node 2.4 is the switch that's wired to the light and other nodes are slave zwave switches.
    Node 1.4 > Node 2.4
    Node 3.4 > Node 2.4
  • MCOHome app has been updated to v1.1.1

changelog:
    v1.1.1
    * Add support for Touch shutter panel: MH-C321
    * Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.11

v1.1.0
    * Add Athom community forum link to app
    * Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.9
    * Add dim-duration to the dimmer devices
    * Add support for Z-wave plus version of touch panel switch (3)
    * Add support for the micro-dimmer and micro-switch
    * Mass update of all productID's
    * Fix issue with CO2 sensor not reporting CO2 alarm #5
    * Fix issue where CO2 and PM2.5 sensors are not (re)setting their alarms
  • radoslav said:
    Hi Ted,

thank you for amazing work you are doing. Do you have any news regarding timeline for MH7 Electrical Heating thermostat support?
    Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for your feedback!.
    Realistic estimation? I hope to be able work on the MH7 and MH8 thermostats in the second half of December...
    Hi Ted,

Any News on the support for the MH7 suppport?
    Thanks in advance!
  • radoslav said:
    Hi Ted,

thank you for amazing work you are doing. Do you have any news regarding timeline for MH7 Electrical Heating thermostat support?
    Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for your feedback!.
    Realistic estimation? I hope to be able work on the MH7 and MH8 thermostats in the second half of December...
    Hi Ted,

thanks for your hard work, works great. But I would like to ask you too, if you ahve any new updates about MH7 and MH8 thermostat supports. That would help me a lot. 
  • MCOHome app has been updated to v1.1.2, much appreciated contribution by @limkopi78

changelog:
    v1.1.2

Fix missing on off feature on mobile card for touch dimmers (re-inclusion required)
    As mentioned in the changelog: in order to have the on-off feature working properly for the touch dimmers, you will need to remove and re-include the touch dimmers
  • eddypoot said:
    Hi Ted,

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Ted,

thanks for your hard work, works great. But I would like to ask you too, if you ahve any new updates about MH7 and MH8 thermostat supports. That would help me a lot. 
    @eddypoot @HomeSystem appologies for the late response.
    I'm currently working on finalizing the SDK2 based implementation of the Remotec ZXT-120, which is in principle another Thermostat.
    After the summer holidays, but well before the heating will need to be switched on, I'll add support for the MH7. The MH8 I don't have myself, but I'll look into that one as well.
  • eddypoot said:
    Hi Ted,

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Ted,

@eddypoot @HomeSystem appologies for the late response.
    I'm currently working on finalizing the SDK2 based implementation of the Remotec ZXT-120, which is in principle another Thermostat.
    After the summer holidays, but well before the heating will need to be switched on, I'll add support for the MH7. The MH8 I don't have myself, but I'll look into that one as well.
    Hi Ted,

Great to hear. This will for sure make me buy the MH7 thermostat!
    Thanks!
  • Very interested in this as will be buying one once it is supported.
    Quite impressed with the MCO stuff.
    Andrew
  • The work on the Remotec ZXT-120 thermostat driver is nearing completion...
    and will be the basis for a lot of Z-wave thermostats (working logic is quite similar between these devices)...
    including the MCO Home MH7 thermostat...
  • This topic will be closed and continued at the new Homey community forum: 
    https://community.athom.com/t/159
This discussion has been closed.