This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• Jappie said:
    Hi,
    Regards
    I have received the Cube, it is a really nice device to control the lighting. Would it be possible to add "Rotate left"
    and "Rotate right"? It looks like this feature is missing and should be available.
    I love the look of the cube, but I can't work out how to use it in my setup!! I kinda just want one... 
    How are you using yours?
  • I have a cube since 2 weeks. The possibilities are a bit too much for me. I now use it to turn my amplifier on and off by double tapping. Switch stations by flip 90 (up to right, down to left)  volume flip 90 up/down, light on/off with a flip 180,change color by rotation. It all works, but not intuitive. Better ideas are welcome! 
  • fredsky said:
    I have a cube since 2 weeks. The possibilities are a bit too much for me. I now use it to turn my amplifier on and off by double tapping. Switch stations by flip 90 (up to right, down to left)  volume flip 90 up/down, light on/off with a flip 180,change color by rotation. It all works, but not intuitive. Better ideas are welcome! 
    I think that's my concern - unless there is something really intuitive then it may actually make things harder! 
  • I'm having issues with adding Occupancy Sensor and Wireless Switch. When I tripple click the reset button it changes to "Adding device" but then it just hangs and timeout finding no Zigbee device. I'm using the Xiaomi temperature sensor without problem got never got these devices to work. Currently using 1.5.7 and latest app version, but also tried in previous 1.5.6 firmware. Any idea what might be wrong?
  • I have readed somewhere that on the wall switch (single/double) you always need to put a lamp.
    Is this true because I only want to use the switch's as a input for Homey
  • I've just uploaded a new update to the app store:
    v 0.2.3
    * Updated app dependency to latest Homey Software release (>= 1.5.7)
    * Update ZigBee meshdriver to 1.2.7
    * Add support for the Xiaomi Cube rotation angle (and relative angle) capability, fix issue ##29
    * Add additional ID's for Aqara Smart Light Wall Switch Single / Double, fix issue #20)
    * Add additional ID's for Aqara Wireless Switch, fix issue #38)
    * Fix issue where unsupported options are presented in the trigger card of the Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Single, related to #37
    Please note that, like the change log mentions, this app update only works on Homey software release 1.5.7 and up
    This has to do with a change adding support for the Xiaomi Cube rotation angle.
  • I've just uploaded a new update to the app store:
    v 0.2.3
    * Updated app dependency to latest Homey Software release (>= 1.5.7)
    * Update ZigBee meshdriver to 1.2.7
    * Add support for the Xiaomi Cube rotation angle (and relative angle) capability, fix issue ##29
    * Add additional ID's for Aqara Smart Light Wall Switch Single / Double, fix issue #20)
    * Add additional ID's for Aqara Wireless Switch, fix issue #38)
    * Fix issue where unsupported options are presented in the trigger card of the Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Single, related to #37
    Please note that, like the change log mentions, this app update only works on Homey software release 1.5.7 and up
    This has to do with a change adding support for the Xiaomi Cube rotation angle.
    Great news Ted, looking forward to test issue #38 as soon it's ready for install :-)
    And thanks
  • Time for some Q&A:
    Jappie said:
    Hi,

I have received the Cube, it is a really nice device to control the lighting. Would it be possible to add "Rotate left" and "Rotate right"? It looks like this feature is missing and should be available.
    @Jappie it is correct that this feature was not implemented yet (as noted in https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/29). It was waiting for a Zigbee change as Athom implemented in SW 1.5.7.
    I just uploaded v0.2.3 to the app store that will provide support for rotation angle as well as relative rotation angle...

fredsky said:
    I have a cube since 2 weeks. The possibilities are a bit too much for me. I now use it to turn my amplifier on and off by double tapping. Switch stations by flip 90 (up to right, down to left)  volume flip 90 up/down, light on/off with a flip 180,change color by rotation. It all works, but not intuitive. Better ideas are welcome! 
    @fredsky please check the next app update which includes the rotation angle and relative rotation angle.
    Rotation angle (degrees) is the actual measured rotation angle of the cube.

Relative rotation angle (%) is scaling the angle towards a rotation range, e.g. 180 degrees (=100%).
    Which can be changed in the device settings.

A rotation angle of 16.03 degrees like shown above, will correspond to 9% relative angle.
    This relative rotation angle can be used in the 'Set relative brightness' action cards or used to change the volume (with an additional calculation step).

@cbh has a nice video demonstrating this option.
    I'm having issues with adding Occupancy Sensor and Wireless Switch. When I tripple click the reset button it changes to "Adding device" but then it just hangs and timeout finding no Zigbee device. I'm using the Xiaomi temperature sensor without problem got never got these devices to work. Currently using 1.5.7 and latest app version, but also tried in previous 1.5.6 firmware. Any idea what might be wrong?
    @jimmyelfving Did you follow the specific inclusion instructions (and specifically the Note) of these sensors?
    "Hold the wireless switch during inclusion in close proximity of Homey
    Long press the reset button for more than 3 seconds until the blue light flashes three times
    Note: keep pressing the reset button every 2 seconds to keep the sensor awake during the inclusion"
    Slofware said:
    I have readed somewhere that on the wall switch (single/double) you always need to put a lamp.
    Is this true because I only want to use the switch's as a input for Homey
    @Slofware Depends which version you buy.

If you take the 'Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Single / Double' you basically have a battery powered remote, that you can use as input for Homey. Please note currently it only supports single click per button and single click combined.

The other wall switches, have a relay installed. So yes, I will need to connect them to the mains power.
    Theoretically, you could use it as input for Homey, by using the toggling of the on off state.
    But if that is your primary goal is only using it as input for Homey, I would not advice this option...
  • cbh said:
    Such a cool device, but I think for every use case I can think of there is something my 2 year old can't lose ;)
  • I'm having issues with adding Occupancy Sensor and Wireless Switch. When I tripple click the reset button it changes to "Adding device" but then it just hangs and timeout finding no Zigbee device. I'm using the Xiaomi temperature sensor without problem got never got these devices to work. Currently using 1.5.7 and latest app version, but also tried in previous 1.5.6 firmware. Any idea what might be wrong?
    @jimmyelfving Did you follow the specific inclusion instructions (and specifically the Note) of these sensors?
    "Hold the wireless switch during inclusion in close proximity of Homey
    Long press the reset button for more than 3 seconds until the blue light flashes three times
    Note: keep pressing the reset button every 2 seconds to keep the sensor awake during the inclusion"
    Yes, followed the instructions accordingly but no difference.. 
    Any idéas?
  • mauritsivsmauritsivs Member
    edited March 2018
    ...move along, nothing to see here...
    small issue with smart power plug:
    i just re-paired it with homey today, and now it doesnt report power-usage (Wh) anymore, while this used to work perfectly.
    i originally paired it a couple of weeks ago, before these latest updates to the app. 
    NEVERMIND
  • Since version 0.2.3 my app jeeps crashing right after it was startend... I have sent a bug report. Any one else having this issue?

I can no longer do anything with Xiaomi ZigBee ;(
  • An error managed to sneak (without detection) into the driver code of the Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Single resulting in a crashing app during initialisation, see Github issue #46

v0.2.4 has been uploaded to the app store, which is confirmed to fix this issue.
    Awaiting approval from Athom: urgency indicated
    v 0.2.4
    * Fix issue where Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Single init results in app crash, issue #46
    Appologies for the error  :(
  • Mecallie said:
    Since version 0.2.3 my app jeeps crashing right after it was startend... I have sent a bug report. Any one else having this issue?

@Mecallie see my comment above.

The Github repository already contains the fix.
    So an option could be to install v0.2.4 via the Command Line Inteface (CLI) for now and install the app store version once it is released (chasing Athom now)...
  • Mecallie said:
    Since version 0.2.3 my app jeeps crashing right after it was startend... I have sent a bug report. Any one else having this issue?

@Mecallie see my comment above.

The Github repository already contains the fix.
    So an option could be to install v0.2.4 via the Command Line Inteface (CLI) for now and install the app store version once it is released (chasing Athom now)...
    Thank you for the quick fix!
    I'm not at home today, so I'll wait for Athom to clear the update :)
  • v0.2.4 is available in the app store
  • Is it worth getting the Xiaomi gateway at all? Are there any extra benefits/advantages in control you gain with it? I have searched the forums and cannot really find a complete answer. Thank for any tips
  • AFAIK most of the users (if not all) connect the xiaomi/aqara devices directly to Homey.
  • What is the difference between the occupancy sensor and human body sensor
  • Any chance the Xiaomi gateway will be added to the app, to at least have it function as a sort of zigbee-network extender, 
    and maybe the other functions like the light, sound and luminance sensor can be used with zigbee? (if thats at all possible)
  • Some Q&A time:
    ...move along, nothing to see here...
    NEVERMIND
    A thanks, was already pulling my hears out... my plug was reporting perfectly...
    Consumed power will be activated once Athom is providing the raw data to the driver (already tested it based on sniffed data).
    Weezul said:
    Is it worth getting the Xiaomi gateway at all? Are there any extra benefits/advantages in control you gain with it? I have searched the forums and cannot really find a complete answer. Thank for any tips
    At this moment not, there is no app that is linking to the Xiaomi gateway (over wifi).
    Most devices are already supported with direct communication by this app.
    For the remaining devices, we know what needs to be added / changed within the Zigbee core by Athom to add support for them.
    Any chance the Xiaomi gateway will be added to the app, to at least have it function as a sort of zigbee-network extender, 
    and maybe the other functions like the light, sound and luminance sensor can be used with zigbee? (if thats at all possible)
    No. Adding a Xiaomi gateway (there are multiple versions), is only possible over wifi.
    As far as I'm aware the gateway does not support to be included via Zigbee on other Zigbee networks. 
    Therefore it will not act as a Zigbee network extender... For that use, I would recommend the Plug instead.
    What is the difference between the occupancy sensor and human body sensor
    @bullseye1977 as described in the app readme and opening post of this topic, the main difference is that the Aqara human body sensor also reports light intensity (lumminance)
  • for some reason now the reset time period on the Human Body Sensors is now a minimum of 60 secs, whereas before it could be set to 3 secs. Is this an app issue ?

Can it be changed back ?
    I was using them to trigger stills from a camera also and don't want to wait 60sec before detecting further movement.

Andrew
  • for some reason now the reset time period on the Human Body Sensors is now a minimum of 60 secs, whereas before it could be set to 3 secs. Is this an app issue ?

Can it be changed back ?
    I was using them to trigger stills from a camera also and don't want to wait 60sec before detecting further movement.

Andrew
     Hi @rockhoppers, see my comment earlier in this topic:
    @mauritsivs and @agentq15 I also recently learned that the sensors have 2 different modes:
    Normal and test mode, as described in the FAQ of Gearbest:

This does explain why the sensors work with 5 second interval directly (first 2 hours) after inclusion and when the button has been pressed... and fall back to the 1 minute interval after the 2 hours.

So this is a device (firmware) limitation. I'll update the minimum interval value in the next update.
    So the device will only report, in normal user mode, once every 1 minute.
    For this reason I've updated the minimum setting level for the motion alarm cancellation time.

Please note, that this setting only influences the "Motion alarm turned off" trigger...
    the device itself triggers the "Motion alarm turned on" trigger.
  • Understand, but this mean once triggers, it will not trigger again for 60 secs minimum.
    A lot can happen in 60 secs !
    there got these as i could set it as low as 3 secs, so continuous movement like someone at the door trying to enter would result in constant capturing of stills from the security camera.
  • Some Q&A time:
    i just re-paired it with homey today, and now it doesnt report power-usage (Wh) anymore, while this used to work perfectly.
    i originally paired it a couple of weeks ago, before these latest updates to the app. 
    A thanks, was already pulling my hears out... my plug was reporting perfectly...
    Consumed power will be activated once Athom is providing the raw data to the driver (already tested it based on sniffed data).

well, it suddenly stopped reporting again after about one day :(
    also, dont understand the difference between the three tags here: Power, Wh, Power-meter.
  • Some Q&A time:

well, it suddenly stopped reporting again after about one day :(
    also, dont understand the difference between the three tags here: Power, Wh, Power-meter.
    @mauritsivs
    "Power" is the actual power consumption in Watts > should be reported by the plug (implemented in the device driver)
    "Power meter" is the consumed power in kWh > will not be reported by the plug (awaiting fix at Athom side).

So is did "power" stop reporting data?

• So is did "power" stop reporting data?
    yes, "power" stopped reporting. as in the picture it stays at 0 all the time, resetting homey didnt help
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    Battery status reporting is something that you will include in the future. I am aware of that. To my surprise, the 2 door sensors I recently included show battery indicators (but without the values, yet):

Now, my  'older' ones - but still the square model - don't show these icons:

Both have the same hardware ID's (but a different Network address):

Do I need to re-pair the older versions to see the battery icon and status?
  • Eternity said:
    Battery status reporting is something that you will include in the future. I am aware of that. To my surprise, the 2 door sensors I recently included show battery indicators (but without the values, yet):

Now, my  'older' ones - but still the square model - don't show these icons:

Both have the same hardware ID's (but a different Network address):

Do I need to re-pair the older versions to see the battery icon and status?
    @Eternity yes, correct.... I prepared all battery devices that do not yet have the battery icons in the last update...
    For these icons (linked to the battery capabilities) to show, you will need to remove and re-include the sensors.

Once Athom provides a solution to the ZigBee core to provide the rawData to the device driver, I will enable the battery parsers already included in the device drivers so that the values / state will magically be shown after the app update...
This discussion has been closed.