This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Stable

12346»

Comments

• I stopped Homey on desktop and startup again. It seems OK and I got the statement that 1.5.6 was installed.
    Probably the install program did or could not finish the last screen.
  • Restarted Homey and it seems Ok. The status is that Homey is upgraded to 1.5.6. apparantly the install programm could not conclude the last screenpanel
  • fkooten said:
    The LED ring of Homey is blank is set by me. It did download and it flashers as you described. Since then no led signals. The app is still working well. I assume that the install is done but fails to conclude.
    What did you expect from Homey (that you write  'fails to conclude')
    What does the settings page show as version? 
    check the Time of Homey (was a bug sometimes the Location was incorrect after update)
    You know for sure if you are on Experimental 1.5.6 if you can't rename a Zone ;-) 
  • Hi Gents,
    My homey came in Factory installed with 1.5.6. This is experimental+Stable at the same time. Could anyone explain to me what's the use of declaring a version experimental if it is already installed in factory? I don't have any problem joining experimental (but now I don't see any difference).

• mveck said:
    Hi Gents,
    My homey came in Factory installed with 1.5.6. This is experimental+Stable at the same time. Could anyone explain to me what's the use of declaring a version experimental if it is already installed in factory? I don't have any problem joining experimental (but now I don't see any difference).

Good question for Athom @Bram
    but as what I heard see my answer from the other discussion:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/68278/#Comment_68278

• 1.5.6 went to stable : https://firmware.athom.com/
    1.5.6 might not be available to your homey yet, we’re performing a very slow waved rollout in the upcoming days. 1.5.7 is scheduled to roll out to the experimental channel today. You can force to be included in the first wave by hitting the “check for updates” button if you’re on 1.5.6.
  • Is there any info how the out rolling off the stable release is? Is it country wise or in whar order is it rolling out? 
  • Is there any info how the out rolling off the stable release is? Is it country wise or in whar order is it rolling out? 
    Better question is IF it is even rolling out... didn't hear any existing Homey owner yet that confirmed they received the update...
  • Flight777 said:
    Is there any info how the out rolling off the stable release is? Is it country wise or in whar order is it rolling out? 
    Better question is IF it is even rolling out... didn't hear any existing Homey owner yet that confirmed they received the update...
    It does seem pretty ridiculous that it sounds like there is a stable version of 1.5.6 in the wild (from the factory) but long time owners can't yet get this stable version
  • We have started the rollout of Homey v1.5.7, which is a bugfix release on top of v1.5.6.

Because this update is distributed in waves, not everyone will get the update at the same time. Existing users running Homey v1.5.6 can bypass the waves by checking for updates manually  in Settings > Updates.

Changelog:
    • [Core] Fixed a bug that could prevent renaming zones
    • [ZigBee] Simultaneous reported attributes are now handled correctly
    Please note that Homey v1.5.6 is not rolling out to the stable channel just yet, despite what the Athom Firmware page says.

As a sidenote, there is some unclarity about new Homeys being shipped with Homey v1.5.6. Due to a minor hardware change —which is incompatible with older software versions— we chose to produce the new Homeys with the new software. While Homey v1.5.6 still is in the experimental channel, we regard this update as more stable than the current stable version (v1.5.3). Existing users will receive a stable version of Homey v1.5.7 as soon as the update is cleared by our Quality Assurance team and no new problems arise during testing. 

Athom just published a statement about it
  • We have started the rollout of Homey v1.5.7, which is a bugfix release on top of v1.5.6.

Because this update is distributed in waves, not everyone will get the update at the same time. Existing users running Homey v1.5.6 can bypass the waves by checking for updates manually  in Settings > Updates.

Changelog:
    • [Core] Fixed a bug that could prevent renaming zones
    • [ZigBee] Simultaneous reported attributes are now handled correctly
    Please note that Homey v1.5.6 is not rolling out to the stable channel just yet, despite what the Athom Firmware page says.

As a sidenote, there is some unclarity about new Homeys being shipped with Homey v1.5.6. Due to a minor hardware change —which is incompatible with older software versions— we chose to produce the new Homeys with the new software. While Homey v1.5.6 still is in the experimental channel, we regard this update as more stable than the current stable version (v1.5.3). Existing users will receive a stable version of Homey v1.5.7 as soon as the update is cleared by our Quality Assurance team and no new problems arise during testing. 

Athom just published a statement about it
    Look forward to receiving 1.5.7 in September ;)
This discussion has been closed.