This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flows and logic, how does this work?

I have created a flow which should be triggered when my woodstove is burning. When testing logic, I found that the variable #Temp is not leading to a true, when compared to the value (23.5 should be bigger than 22)......... could anyone help me on this?

See attached picture for the test results showing that the logic comparision is false.

Thanks, 
Menno

Comments

• canedjecanedje Member
    edited February 2018
    The only thing I can imagine that your testing on the wrong temp tag. (Not coming from Toon)
    How did you added the Temp tag to logic card?
    or the test value is 22.0 on one card and 22 on the other. Did you try to change 22.0 to 22?
    or I see 24.5 and 22.0 must this not be 24,5 and 22,0? (comma instead of point?)
    I do not have more suggestions  B)
    This flow is working for me. What is strange that the test value is with a comma, but the tags are with a point

• Hi @canedje You are correct. Actually the tag I was taking was from the tag menu.... now I have used drag-drop from the Toon Thermostat and (at least 1 or) works... I cannot get a 2nd drag-drop working for me, (screen freeze)..
    To be honest, I guess that I need use another laptop, since Drag/drop of tags is cumbersome (to say the least).

Thanks,
    Menno
  • @mveck
    No need to use another computer, the drag-drop is much more then just cumbersome.... Sometimes I need 5 minutes to get a tag in the corresponding field...
    I have seen more complaints about this behavior, but I'm not sure it is on any todo list?
  • mveck said:
    Hi @canedje You are correct. Actually the tag I was taking was from the tag menu.... now I have used drag-drop from the Toon Thermostat and (at least 1 or) works... I cannot get a 2nd drag-drop working for me, (screen freeze)..
    To be honest, I guess that I need use another laptop, since Drag/drop of tags is cumbersome (to say the least).

Thanks,
    Menno
    Perfect. :)
    The same problem happens with Imagegrabber
  • Check out the preview app on Android. This one works beter for flows I found. Thanks for all help I am just starting up.