This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to switch off after x time after activated by trigger

fkootenfkooten Member
edited February 2018 in Devices
Has anyone experience how to set the duration of lamp switched on when triggered by a sensor (KAKU) 

Modbreak:
Changed topic title and moved to devices instead of apps

Comments

• fkooten said:
    Has anyone experience how to set the duration of lamp switched on when triggered by a sensor (KAKU) 
    You're question has very little information but i guess you mean you want to switch the light on for x period of time when there is a trigger from a sensor. You could use the countdown app (or the countup from github) for after countdown / countup turn light off 
  • Thx for your quick respons. 
    If a sensor activates a lamp I like to set a duartion of the time the lights are on (hallway). I tried your suggestion but it results that the lights start after the time set,
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    fkooten said:
    Thx for your quick respons. 
    If a sensor activates a lamp I like to set a duartion of the time the lights are on (hallway). I tried your suggestion but it results that the lights start after the time set,
    Please share your flow then and did you install and used the countdown app from the app store? You will have multiple flows for this:

A Trigger turns light on and sets countdown app timer for x seconds
    B When countdown timer = 0 turn off light
  • the als and dan column basically do the trick, when motion is sensed, light is turned on and countdown is started

another flow is " when countdowntimer is empty then switch off light" 

• countdown timer counts down untill 0 and then triggers the flow
  • Or easier, add an extra action "switch off" with a delay... But then it switches off no matter if you trigger it again.
  • The counter is running but does not switch the lamp off
  • fkooten said:
    The counter is running but does not switch the lamp off
    Where is your second flow as mentioned above where you start in the "Als" with the countdown card, select your countdown and in the "Dan" light out
  • this the setting in the apps

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    fkooten said:
    this the setting in the apps

Yes so until now you are doing the right steps but you will need a second/extra flow where you start in the "Als" with the countdown card, select your countdown and in the "Dan" your device to turn the light off
  • I did the second flow and yes the light switched off but immediately turns on for another period and keeps on repeating.

• I use one flow for this.

WHEN "motion detected"
    THEN
    1) "switch on light A"
    2) "switch off light A" including a delay of xx seconds (click on the small clock and set the delay).
  • I did the flows again and it is now working as expected.
    Many thanks for your suggestions and input.

• cjvs said:
    I use one flow for this.

WHEN "motion detected"
    THEN
    1) "switch on light A"
    2) "switch off light A" including a delay of xx seconds (click on the small clock and set the delay).
    can you show me the flowpicture
  • cjvs said:
    I use one flow for this.

FWHEN "motion detected"
    THEN
    1) "switch on light A"
    With this solution it's always off after x delay with two flows you can restart countdown as long as there is movement for example 
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited February 2018
    here some flows you can use:

Motion on:

motion off:

light on:

light off:

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited February 2018
    Just 3 flows:
    1. WHEN motion detected-->THEN stop timer
                                                         Turn on the lights.
    2. WHEN motion stopped-->THEN turn hourglass for 60 seconds. (60 seconds can be adjusted for ur own needs)
    3. WHEN hourglass is empty-->kill the lights.

1. ALS bewegingsmelder aan gaat-->DAN stop the timer en doe de lampen aan.
    2. ALS bewegingsmelder uit gaat-->DAN draai zandloper om voor 60 seconde. (60 seconde kan worden aangepast naar eigen behoefte)
    3. ALS zandloper leeg is-->DAN doe de lampen uit
  • Just 3 flows:
    1. WHEN motion detected-->THEN stop timer
                                                         Turn on the lights.
    2. WHEN motion stopped-->THEN turn hourglass for 60 seconds. (60 seconds can be adjusted for ur own needs)
    3. WHEN hourglass is empty-->kill the lights.

1. ALS bewegingsmelder aan gaat-->DAN stop the timer en doe de lampen aan.
    2. ALS bewegingsmelder uit gaat-->DAN draai zandloper om voor 60 seconde. (60 seconde kan worden aangepast naar eigen behoefte)
    3. ALS zandloper leeg is-->DAN doe de lampen uit
    Yes with just 3 flows it also works, but then i want to know why turn on the lights when they are already on :-/
    It doesn't seem logical to me.
    Not always is it better to have less flows.
  • Just because it won't always detect if lights are on. And she won't get in a stress from that now would she?
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited February 2018
    Just because it won't always detect if lights are on. And she won't get in a stress from that now would she?
    not from those 3 flows, but somehowe i don't think you make all your flows this unlogical....The stress starts when the flows will be more and more. And we all know it will ;)
  • Just trying to help and keep it simple for the starters.