This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Zipato Keypad

Hello,

im wondering if there is any way 2 get the Zipato Keypad to work with Homey?

Comments

• deedje said:
    Hello,

im wondering if there is any way 2 get the Zipato Keypad to work with Homey?

See it's z-wave so it works with homey for as far as I see it only needs an app to tell homey the capabilities of the device 
  • Yes, i did try too add it as a zwave device, did not work
  • Lubbert was trying to tell you to make a app for iT yourself or add the info to the existing app if you implemented iT so the whole community can benefit from youre addition .

Go for iT 
  • Isn't it the same device as the benext tag reader? 
  • Yes, the tag reader is whitelabeld, there are some minimal differences though. The Zipato has a tamper signal if I remember correctly. But the implementation written for the BeNext should work for the Zipato as well ( if the IDs etc are added ). Shouldn't be that much work.

I do have to admit that my BeNext implementation isn't always working.. it has some strange flaws now and then (but it's mostly the keypad hardware that's failing :( (quick battery drains, hangs on multiple key presses etc)).
  • mruiter said:
    Lubbert was trying to tell you to make a app for iT yourself or add the info to the existing app if you implemented iT so the whole community can benefit from youre addition .

Go for iT 
    And Lubbert is quite right, there is  just the little catch, that a lot of people have tried asking nicely Jeroen when he had time for adding it to his Zipato app.
    Problem is, haven´t heard from him, other than when he has time, which he also is entitled to, nothing there :-)

If I could do the programming, I would gladly help, but my skills isen´t that good, so some times we just have to wait and hope :-)
  • when you dont try you will never learn..... its easy peasy 
  • I returned my benext reader due to terrible range. 

Robshop confirmed the issue and was nice to return my money while I used the product for a few months.
  • https://github.com/rickardp/athom.zipato

I PR:ed this to the existing Zipato app. Most of the code is taken from the Benext app, but I took some time to fix the master arm/disarm and add flowcards for this, as it was kind of a dealbreaker for me, and I don't want to bother with betterlogic and external state variables.
  • Kyrcio said:
    https://github.com/rickardp/athom.zipato

I PR:ed this to the existing Zipato app. Most of the code is taken from the Benext app, but I took some time to fix the master arm/disarm and add flowcards for this, as it was kind of a dealbreaker for me, and I don't want to bother with betterlogic and external state variables.
    Great, thanks! Looking forward to test it.
  • mruiter said:
    when you dont try you will never learn..... its easy peasy

Has something to do with priority, and is a long way down the list, so: no learn=have to wait.

And easy peasy, sure your right since I don´t know ;-)
  • zimbra said:
    Kyrcio said:
    https://github.com/rickardp/athom.zipato

Great, thanks! Looking forward to test it.
    You can just clone the repo and install manually if you don’t want to wait.
  • Installed the app but the app crashes with this error

• Cd to the project folder, and run this command:

git submodule add https://github.com/athombv/node-homey-zwavedriver.git node_modules/homey-zwavedriver
    cd node_modules/homey-zwavedriver
    npm install

• Actually, npm install should be enough.
  • Solved it, had to manually download the zwavedriver and tinycolor2 modules and put in the modules directory before installing it.
  • Do any of you guys get the keypad to work with the app linked above?
    Im getting the same issue as always with this, invalid commandclass. The zipato doesnt have the command_class_entry_control so thats one of the differences compared to the benext one.
  • Patrik_G said:
    Solved it, had to manually download the zwavedriver and tinycolor2 modules and put in the modules directory before installing it.
    I was able to sort that out by just doing a ”npm install”, the package.json should already include those.

Do any of you guys get the keypad to work with the app linked above?
    Im getting the same issue as always with this, invalid commandclass. The zipato doesnt have the command_class_entry_control so thats one of the differences compared to the benext one.
    Could there exist multiple firmware versions with slightly different feature sets? Mine has the entry control command class. 
  • Any idea when this will be released with the main app? A bit too much trouble for me installing it manually :/
  • I have installed the new version and it works ok except that the flow card for System disarmed never triggers. I can see both on the device and the log that it goes to disarmed but it doesn't trigger the flow. I have a flow that trigger correctly when arming.

• Patrik_G said:
    I have installed the new version and it works ok except that the flow card for System disarmed never triggers. I can see both on the device and the log that it goes to disarmed but it doesn't trigger the flow. I have a flow that trigger correctly when arming.

That should be fixed now, as well as a crash bug in one of the flow cards.
  • I did install the app. I cannot add new Users and set a tag on them.
    When i do, hit save. When i go into the Zipato app again its gone.

What am I doing wrong?
  • deedje said:
    I did install the app. I cannot add new Users and set a tag on them.
    When i do, hit save. When i go into the Zipato app again its gone.

What am I doing wrong?
    ”Add user”, type user name, ”Save user settings” should work.

(The user experience of the settings panel is quite horrible, I must admit, but it should work).
  • lassefrasselassefrasse Unconfirmed, Member
    hello,
    I'm having a bit of problem with the installation of zipato app. 
    I have cloned the repository but when I run npm install i get this
    "npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
    npm WARN nl.aartse.zipato@2.0.0 No repository field.

removed 1 package and updated 1 package in 6.28s"

Can you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong or what i should do instead?

Cheers!
  • TonvRijnTonvRijn Unconfirmed, Member
    'When i try to add the Tagreader I get this notification...
    Does somebody have a sloution?
  • TonvRijn said:
    'When i try to add the Tagreader I get this notification...
    Does somebody have a sloution?
    I sugest you read everything above your post.