This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Tado vs Netatmo

erikmmerikmm Member
edited February 2018 in Questions & Help

Which to choose, or not to…

I'm in the process of convincing the wife, that we should replace our EQ3 Max thermostats with a more versatile and up to date product (The EQ3 Max are breaking off the socket, if you just look at them, and I just don't like them or the software).

But then comes the question, which to choose, and I must admit after many hours, days, months, years, decades of reading…I´m confused, I´m neurotic….ahh, maybe not

Looks like the can the same and does the same things, but wanted to hear what people have of good and bad things to say, both on daily use, wife approval, Homey integration and so on.

Let's not making it a fight between those 2!

But I really would like to get the right from start.

Anyone? And thanks in advance

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    erikmm said:

Which to choose, or not to…

I'm in the process of convincing the wife, that we should replace our EQ3 Max thermostats with a more versatile and up to date product (The EQ3 Max are breaking off the socket, if you just look at them, and I just don't like them or the software).

But then comes the question, which to choose, and I must admit after many hours, days, months, years, decades of reading…I´m confused, I´m neurotic….ahh, maybe not

Looks like the can the same and does the same things, but wanted to hear what people have of good and bad things to say, both on daily use, wife approval, Homey integration and so on.

Let's not making it a fight between those 2!

But I really would like to get the right from start.

Anyone? And thanks in advance

Question i have at first is what did you already found out? Why is Nest / Anna / ATAG for example no option? How is your home, do you have floorheating, multiple zones, what supports your cv only aan/uit or opentherm? By knowing that it maybe is easier to advice you something.
  • @lubbertkramer
    Good point :-)

For me it looks like they do the same, and it may comes to wife approval, easy to use, stability, updating and so on.

Nest, too expensive and not wife approval by look
    Anna and ATAG, not fitting at our radiators (as far I know)
    Danfoss is also a strong possibility, since they are danish and I live in denmark ;-)

aan/uit or opentherm, ?????

One plan house, no floorheating
    Multiple zones, YES
    Just heating for every room separately or by zones, YES
    Adjusting by open windows not by time, but on open/closed, YES
    Adjusting by open doors not by time, but on open/closed, YES
    And this is just some of the things, else ask :-)