This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    mehta said:
    Minor update (v0.2.2) released to the app store.

Change log:
    v 0.2.2
    * Update relative link in readme.md to direct link (Homey apps compatible) for the Xiaomi Cube device readme
    * Update app manifest for supported Devices
    Awesome implementation Ted. Thanks! Because of my zigbee problems I had to once again factory reset my homey in order to be able to try the cube implementation. Really cool stuff!

As soon as I am able to add more than xiaomi 20 devices, alot cool sh!t will be tested :)
    @mehta said:
    Awesome implementation Ted. Thanks! Because of my zigbee problems I had to once again factory reset my homey in order to be able to try the cube implementation. Really cool stuff!

As soon as I am able to add more than xiaomi 20 devices, alot cool sh!t will be tested :)
    @mehta did you file a GitHub issue at Athom, as suggested above, so I can follow-up with the Athom team to investigated the cause of this issue?

I also commented at the github page but here i already have added more then 20 aqara devices and Athom responded that it has to do because i have a lot of routers (see here -> https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2160#issuecomment-361595600  ) @TedTolboom did you already found a cause with Athom that some can't because in added even more now to Homey (aqara devices)

Will add my images i made for the issue + the text i added there:

Github comment:

have more then 20 xiaomi devices connected (24 at the moment) to Homey at this moment and more in the box to connect to Homey, the 20 limit is not happening at my home, curious when i will find the limit. Can this be because i have a lot of Zigbee routers (ikea/Hue lights directly connected to Homey)? If a log is needed to find a cause some can only add 20 i can provide that

Running v1.5.6-rc8 (is now RC9)

z1.PNG 1015K
    z2.PNG 103.3K
    z3.PNG 93.8K
    z4.PNG 95.1K
    z5.PNG 99.1K
  • Many thanks for your hard work on this Ted, very much appreciated!

I just noticed the github readme link to the app is wrong:
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee

Should be:
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.xiaomi-mi
  • I've just fitted a very cool yeelight ceiling light in the hallway.
    Just realised that the old light switch will obviously kill power to the light, so I can't turn it on\off via Homey when it's physically off.

Can someone explain how the Aqara wall switches work? I would like to replace the existing single switch with one that can both turn the light on and off but also keep it powered so Homey can do it's thing.

From what I can see only the wireless switches are going to work? I wanted to use a wired one to avoid battery replacement but i think these are designed for switching dumb lights on and off? 

This light is also controlled by a double switch downstairs so I guess I'll need to replace this one also (I plan to use yeelight ceiling lights everywhere)

• From what I can see only the wireless switches are going to work? I wanted to use a wired one to avoid battery replacement but i think these are designed for switching dumb lights on and off? 

This light is also controlled by a double switch downstairs so I guess I'll need to replace this one also (I plan to use yeelight ceiling lights everywhere)

This is a bit tricky, they sell at least 3 different versions of the wall switch:

- battery powered (this is just a zigbee sensor that sends on/off signals to homey, nothing else)
    - 2 wire version (AC power + bulb line). (Aliexpress link shows double version, so L, L1 and L2)
    - 3 wire version (this one has AC power, 0 line + bulb line) 

if you are using smart bulbs, you should probably just hardwire L1 and L (brown and black) and then use  the battery powered version on top. The switch won't be connected to anything but just be used to plug the hole in the wall and drive the zigbee signal. If you want to convert existing bulbs to become 'smart' the first two versions are probably better.

• mehtamehta Member
    edited February 2018
    TedTolboom said:
    @mehta did you file a GitHub issue at Athom, as suggested above, so I can follow-up with the Athom team to investigated the cause of this issue?

@TedTolboom , as included by @lubbertkramer above, an issue was posted by @captkiwi and I tagged along. As can be seen in the GitHub thread, 20 or so zigbee devices seems to be a limit but it can be extended by adding more zigbee routers such as IKEA trådfri and hue etc. This was definitely proven by @lubbertkramer. So I think the issue can be put to rest and it seems unlikely it has ever had anything to do with your app.

My issue right now is that I was not able to add any trådfri bulbs. Tried reset multiple times with multiple bulbs, but failed. I have a hue package coming up so I will try that out soon and see if this can solve my problems.

@lubbertkramer your hue bulbs seem to act as zigbee routers. did you add them through the hue bridge or are they connected directly to homey?

• mehta said:
    TedTolboom said:
    @mehta did you file a GitHub issue at Athom, as suggested above, so I can follow-up with the Athom team to investigated the cause of this issue?.
    @lubbertkramer your hue bulbs seem to act as zigbee routers. did you add them through the hue bridge or are they connected directly to homey?

Hue lights and strips directly connected, removed the bridge.  Otherwise  you get 2 mesh networks which not work together and now it extends the mesh 
  • Nice that there is a way to pair +20 zigbee devices with zigbee routers to homey.
    I hope that Athom will fix the bug in the zigbee core so you can add more than 20 zigbee devices  without using an extra zigbee router. Like in my case i only have xiaomi devices and no routers so iam still stuck with the 20 paired zigbee limitation.

I'll wait and see and drink more tea... :)
  • mehta said:
    My issue right now is that I was not able to add any trådfri bulbs. Tried reset multiple times with multiple bulbs, but failed. I have a hue package coming up so I will try that out soon and see if this can solve my problems.

Last week I bought 8 tradfri GU10 bulbs. I was able to pair 7 of them with Homey (as long as you don't toggle them on/of with a single switch). However 1 refused to connect so i have returned that one today. Not sure if that's a firmware/hardware or just homey software issue. I suspect there was something wrong with this bulb but as i don't have an ikea hub i can't test it.
  • mehtamehta Member
    edited February 2018
    mehta said:

Last week I bought 8 tradfri GU10 bulbs. I was able to pair 7 of them with Homey (as long as you don't toggle them on/of with a single switch). However 1 refused to connect so i have returned that one today. Not sure if that's a firmware/hardware or just homey software issue. I suspect there was something wrong with this bulb but as i don't have an ikea hub i can't test it.
    Yes, I tried with at least 5 different bulbs and none of them worked. I think, statistically at least one of them should have worked, right?

Anyways, what do you mean exactly with "as long as you don't toggle them on/of with a single switch". What I do is that I set them ON (the bulb is placed 2-3 mm from the Homey) and if it doesn't pair then I perform on/off 7 times and then let it blink twice while still trying to pair. But no luck...
  • agentq15 said:
    So I got my sensors today and added them fine and they all work great.
    Except for the motion sensors. They doesn't seem to restart the timeout after the initial movement.
    I takes like a minute before it starts to register movement again. 
    So if I set the timeout to 30 seconds and move around infront of the sensor it will just recognise me once and then turn off after 30 seconds.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I have this issue as well:
    i have installed three xiaomi-version movement sensors, changed the default timeout from 300 to 5 seconds.
    this worked fine for about an hour. But now none of my sensors work as supposed:
    Homey's 5 second timeout works, so after 5 seconds the tag is set to NO motion again, but the sensor itself does not actually register motion for about a minute. which results in the sensors always turning to OFF even though your are moving right in front of it.

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited February 2018
    mehta said:
    TedTolboom said:
    @TedTolboom , as included by @lubbertkramer above, an issue was posted by @captkiwi and I tagged along. 
    @mehta ah, thanks missed that one... Too many issues at Athom created to keep track of... ;-P
    agentq15 said:
    So I got my sensors today and added them fine and they all work great.
    Except for the motion sensors. They doesn't seem to restart the timeout after the initial movement.
    I takes like a minute before it starts to register movement again. 
    So if I set the timeout to 30 seconds and move around infront of the sensor it will just recognise me once and then turn off after 30 seconds.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I have this issue as well:
    i have installed three xiaomi-version movement sensors, changed the default timeout from 300 to 5 seconds.
    this worked fine for about an hour. But now none of my sensors work as supposed:
    Homey's 5 second timeout works, so after 5 seconds the tag is set to NO motion again, but the sensor itself does not actually register motion for about a minute. which results in the sensors always turning to OFF even though your are moving right in front of it.
    @mauritsivs and @agentq15 I also recently learned that the sensors have 2 different modes:
    Normal and test mode, as described in the FAQ of Gearbest:

This does explain why the sensors work with 5 second interval directly (first 2 hours) after inclusion and when the button has been pressed... and fall back to the 1 minute interval after the 2 hours.

So this is a device (firmware) limitation. I'll update the minimum interval value in the next update accordingly.
  • thanks, that clears it up! too bad it has this limitation, it kind of limits the posibilities in my case...
  • thanks, that clears it up! too bad it has this limitation, it kind of limits the posibilities in my case...
    Why does it limit the options? Using a 5 second re-trigger interval is quite fast and will drain the battery faster...
    Can you indicate what you are trying to achieve? 
  • mauritsivsmauritsivs Member
    edited February 2018
    i have another small issue:
    i installed a double aqara wall switch (the one you have to connect with the wires) and set it up as a lightswitch, so homey should know its a light. but when i tell homey to "switch on all the lights" it doesnt switch on that one. (same with OFF). in the devices overview it does have the small lightbulb icon next to it.
  • i have another small issue:
    i installed a double aqara wall switch (the one you have to connect with the wires) and set it up as a lightswitch, so homey should know its a light. but when i tell homey to "switch on all the lights" it doesnt switch on that one. (same with OFF). in the devices overview it does have the small lightbulb icon next to it.
    @mauritsivs to understand the issue correctly; it does only switch on or off the left switch and does NOT switch on or off the right switch?
    @mauritsivs to understand the issue correctly; it does only switch on or off the left switch and does NOT switch on or off the right switch?
    now that you mention it,  yes its only the RIGHT button that doesn't work with the universal "all the lights" or "kitchen lights" etc command. i have nothing connected yet to the left switch, but i can see it working for the left side in the tags overview.

now that you mention it,  yes its only the RIGHT button that doesn't work with the universal "all the lights" or "kitchen lights" etc command. i have nothing connected yet to the left switch, but i can see it working for the left side in the tags overview.
    It was a leading question ;-P

Would you be willing to create an issue on Athom's GitHub page to report it?
    See also Emile's feedback: https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/C04SUGZ9E/p1518109314000222

I'll track and follow-up on it, with Athom.
  • I am looking into some Xiaomi stuff and have a few questions. Is there anybody who can help me.
    1. What is the difference between the Human body sensor and the Occupancy sensor?
    2. Is the wired single and double switch suited for dutch homes?
    3. Can I use the double switch to toggle on/off two different lights? I know it is not possible with the Fibaro dimmer 2
    4. Does it matter what kind of lightbulb is going to be toggled on/off eg LED or an energy saving lamp (Spaarlamp)

• @TedTolboom
    I received the Cube and tried to pair it, but when following the on-screen instructions nothing happened. I could not find any suggestions here and decided to search Slack and there it was indicated that you should not do a long press but just press the link button (not the power button) repeatedly untill it is fully paired (and that did the trick, working fine now!!). 

Would it be possible to update the instructions in the app for the Cube because otherwise I can imagine it will become very frustrating when you do not know the correct way to pair...

Also many thanks for this app btw, very happy with it!
  • Julian said:
    @TedTolboom
    I received the Cube and tried to pair it, but when following the on-screen instructions nothing happened. I could not find any suggestions here and decided to search Slack and there it was indicated that you should not do a long press but just press the link button (not the power button) repeatedly untill it is fully paired (and that did the trick, working fine now!!). 

Would it be possible to update the instructions in the app for the Cube because otherwise I can imagine it will become very frustrating when you do not know the correct way to pair...

Also many thanks for this app btw, very happy with it!
    Same issue - I wrongly assumed the cube was from the new range of devices that don't need the constant clicking.
  • @TedTolboom, I posted a request on GitHub but then read that you wanted to have requests here instead. So close the github issue https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/40 if you like.

But please consider adding the feature I suggested, Copy & Pasted below:
    I don't know if this is techically possible, but it would be great to know when Homey last received a signal from a device. It should be shown in the "Device information" section on the device settings page.

It should also be a tag on the device that could be read in a flow. In that way I could create flows that checks the health of my devices. 

One additional feature would be a trigger on "Last signal received changed", but it's not as much needed as the other... But if I also get that, I could create my own alarm when it's been to long since a signal is received. 

The reason behind this request is that I've got some Xiaomi sensors that sometime stops to send signals (or if it's Homey that stops to receive them, I don't know). If i go and click the button on the device it kicks in again. But now this is a manual check through Insights, and I would like to automate this.

• @jwikman
    there already is such a thing in the "devices" cards selection

• caseda said:
    @jwikman
    there already is such a thing in the "devices" cards selection

Thanks @caseda, that would help me to get notified when a sensor stops to report!

I think I would still like to have the "Last signal received" attribute on the device, when troubleshooting later. Otherwise I'm not able to see wheater or not my reposition of the sensor helped. 
  • AaronAaron Member
    edited February 2018
    The cube is one nice gadget. Works perfect with the app!
    Does anyone know of a setup/flow that could increase the dim level of my spots (MiLight) every time I give the cube a turn?
    I now have this: A variable changes by each turn (25), this works. Then when that variable changes it should use the number as a dimm value. It only works when it reaches 0 again.

Greetings,

Aaron

• Hi,
    Figured out what the problem was. I was using 0 to 100, I should have used 0 to 1. So increments of 0.25. Now it works like a charm. Now turning the cube changes the dim levels of my spots.

Greetings,
    Aaron
  • I keep loosing my sensors from time to time. Running 1.5.6-rc.8. Mostly Aqara Temp senors and window / Door sensors. I need to repair them every week or so. Is there any device that Xiaomi Aqara can do mesh together? LIke Ikea trådfri for an example?
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited February 2018
    ikea trådfri will make mesh   im using trådfri and 10 aqara sensors and no problems.  im on rc13
  • I am looking into some Xiaomi stuff and have a few questions. Is there anybody who can help me.
    1. What is the difference between the Human body sensor and the Occupancy sensor?
    2. Is the wired single and double switch suited for dutch homes?
    3. Can I use the double switch to toggle on/off two different lights? I know it is not possible with the Fibaro dimmer 2
    4. Does it matter what kind of lightbulb is going to be toggled on/off eg LED or an energy saving lamp (Spaarlamp)

I can answer some of your questions:
    2. It's not  really suited out of the box, we use those round boxes in our wall, and the aqara switch has a square shape that's slightly bigger than the round box. But if you are not affraid to use some tools you can easily make a bigger hole to fit it in.
    3. And 4: all the switch is is a regular light switch with the possibility to remotely activate it. So yes you can attach two different lights to it as long as they have their own wires. And you can use any kind of lights. 
  • Hi,

I have received the Cube, it is a really nice device to control the lighting. Would it be possible to add "Rotate left"
    and "Rotate right"? It looks like this feature is missing and should be available.
This discussion has been closed.