This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Experimental

Comments

• @OGS
    I don't see anything going to the plug, only data coming from the plug in this small part of the log.

So it is not a homey/app issue but something is wrong with your plug.
    Unless you filtered it too much.
  • Are there any known problems with the rc8 firmware loosing Z-Wave connection to a lot of devices?
    I just noticed that my P1 meter and all my smoke detectors are no longer updating. I do still see them, but their status is either very old (P1) or not shown (smoke detectors).

I think there used to be a "heal" command for Z-Wave, but I can no longer find it. I hope I do not have to re-add all my devices and re-do all my flows using them...
  • Mecallie said:
    Are there any known problems with the rc8 firmware loosing Z-Wave connection to a lot of devices?
    I just noticed that my P1 meter and all my smoke detectors are no longer updating. I do still see them, but their status is either very old (P1) or not shown (smoke detectors).

I think there used to be a "heal" command for Z-Wave, but I can no longer find it. I hope I do not have to re-add all my devices and re-do all my flows using them...
    Best is to look at Github of there is an issue that match yours and add your info plus a log. 

Downside of running experimental can mean that you need to re-add devices, but for now maybe better to wait what RC9 will bring next week
  • It's out there: 1.5.6-rc. 11 :smiley:
  • Vleege sagte:
    Es ist da draußen: 1.5.6-rc. 
    The Fibaros weisen leider einen permanenten Sabotagealarm auf: /: s 

• Installed. Zigbee and Zwave works for me. KaKu/CoCo too. No broken Apps or flows.

Still alien zwave nodes, even with the new heal option. 
  • Time is wrong after update to 1.5.6-rc.11

Homey time:
    2018-02-08T19:56:59.366Z
    Real time: 20:56

• glijieglijie Member
    edited February 2018
    cautje said:
    Time is wrong after update to 1.5.6-rc.11

Homey time:

just change at settings the location from manual to auto or vica versa
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited February 2018
    @cautje
    actually that time is correct, see that Z at the end, that is for Zulu time (military time) which is the same as GMT.
    The time used by pretty much all the internet, GPS, all military (world wide) and most importantly, the Atom clock.
    you are just looking at the wrong date in the settings.
  • @glijie & @caseda
    Solved, just change at settings the location from manual to auto or vica versa
    THX!!!
  • glijie said:
    cautje said:
    Time is wrong after update to 1.5.6-rc.11

Homey time:

just change at settings the location from manual to auto or vica versa
    I had exactly the same issue. It was one hour behind.
    After swopping from manual to auto the right time was corrected again
  • VleegeVleege Member
    edited February 2018
    It feels much more stable. Let's wait for it on the long run. Changed my daily reboot to every 2 days so I'm hopefull.

From what I can tell doing some testing:
    - Operation seems smoother, flows react better
    - Z-wave seems more stable as promised although healing won't work (already reported by others)
    - Spotify Connect seems working at last with my 2 devices
    - Apps performing better overall; more accurate status, they feel faster
    - Chromecast still doesn't pickup my TV (already on latest update), could be my TV (Samsung 2017 model, Tizen)

Also had the time issue so changed location manual <> auto which solved it. Thanks for the tip guys
  • edited February 2018
    I had also the wrong time, after a manual reboot everything is ok, as mentioned before change of location will solve it too!
  • rc11 feedback
    Seems everything is back to full speed on the ZWAVE Chip.. delays are gone completely now.
    Havent seen any issues of concern
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited February 2018
    After update RC11 this night, the time of my Homey runs an hour behind, do more people have this?

Edit: Storing my location again dit solve it........Still, that it happens, is a bug, gave me an extra hour sleep  ;)
  • I had 1 unknown/alien zwave node but is now gone in rc11.
    Time will tell how stable Zwave is, but for now no complains.

• rc11 feedback
    Seems everything is back to full speed on the ZWAVE Chip.. delays are gone completely now.
    Havent seen any issues of concern
    Exactly. I do have the same idea. I stil have troubles with my second switch of the Fibaro build in double switch. (See GitHub)
  • I Will wait little longer before upgrading
  • Wise, i have now issues with delays, especially with Neo Coolcam Motion sensors (v2).
  • I will also wait a little longer, since I finally got Homey (and my Z-Wave network) reasonably stable again after it became pretty useless by December last year... 
  • I have the idea that my z-wave network on RC11 is more stable and faster than it was on RC8.
  • Z-wave more stable indeed, however fibaro multisensors every now and then still not reporting motion or get stuck into motion alarm, same for Aeotec ZW074, some (random some) Fibaro double switches 2 where the S2 does not report the status change when actuated manually (tried exclude/include), some (random some) Dimmer 2 no reporting status change when actuated manually, and equally annoying some (random some) Aeotec smart switches 5 and 6 not reporting power consumption (after exclude/include they do report for a while only)
    In a nut shell: way long to go before even close to perfect for my z-wave network.
    Interesting is that looking into the dev tools there are almost no errors now. The heal works perfect but the above still persists after healing.
    Homey now online for 36 hours.
  • I couldn't resist and also updated to rc11 today.

Z-Wave seems more responsive and more stable overal. Send-queues are now mostly empty. Also, the Desktop and iPhone app are much more responsive than before. Heal command works and the routes showing in developer tools are looking much more logical in many (but not all) cases. However, some App-related issues (eg. Fibaro) remain.
  • danone said:
    Z-wave more stable indeed, however fibaro multisensors every now and then still not reporting motion or get stuck into motion alarm, same for Aeotec ZW074, some (random some) Fibaro double switches 2 where the S2 does not report the status change when actuated manually (tried exclude/include), some (random some) Dimmer 2 no reporting status change when actuated manually, and equally annoying some (random some) Aeotec smart switches 5 and 6 not reporting power consumption (after exclude/include they do report for a while only)
    In a nut shell: way long to go before even close to perfect for my z-wave network.
    Interesting is that looking into the dev tools there are almost no errors now. The heal works perfect but the above still persists after healing.
    Homey now online for 36 hours.

I do recognize this.
    I did un-par/pair the double switch in rc11 just for a test. After pairing the S2 switch worked also manualy. But after replacing Homey back on his spot after a PtP. The s2 manualy didn't work anymore.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited February 2018
    If I press the HEAL button I see a popup screen in the bottom of my Chrome browser windows with says:

"Network request failed" 

Is this normal behaviour?

• Eternity said:
    If I press the HEAL button I see a popup screen in the bottom of my Chrome browser windows with says:

"Network request failed" 

Is this normal behaviour?

only work on non battery nods,  
  • Not sure if I get this right. I see this popup, pressing any heal button. 

So, mains and battery power responsed with this error pop up. 

Btw
    I only have 1 battery powered node, over 30 mains powered. 

• Eternity said:
    Not sure if I get this right. I see this popup, pressing any heal button. 

So, mains and battery power responsed with this error pop up. 

Btw
    I only have 1 battery powered node, over 30 mains powered. 

Also press one by one and still the error? The chip gets very busy after you press heal. If issue stays there it's best to open up an issue @ Github
  • Even after the first heal action, I see the popup.

Will recheck tomorrow .

Thanks @lubbertkramer
  • Since this weekend all my KAKU devices stopped working.
    I tried a restart as well as PTP. At first I thought it was working again, but after a day it all stopped. I even tried learning them in gain; Homey did not even see the signal coming through, so I could not add any of them. All my z-wave devices seem to be doing well.
    Does anyone know this could be related to the new version, or perhaps something else?
    How can I test what could be wrong?
This discussion has been closed.