This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Strange behaviour Fibaro Switch.

canedjecanedje Member
edited February 2018 in Devices
I do thik the fibaro double switch is broken, but I like to hear your opnion.

I do have installed more fibaro double switches in my house. The most of the time I do use only switch one. Sometimes both switches. Allways working fine.
I did also install one switch into the garage some time ago. Until today I only used switch one. All working fine also.
Today I decided to use the second switch for the outsite buld and connected it.

If I do switch the new connected switch by hand at the devices part by the athom computer app the switch is switching on and off also able to control flows. The ligt is also going on and of as expected.
If I do switch the new bulb by hand by the switch realtime at the garage the bulb is going on and off as expected. 
I do hear the relais switching in the module.
Now the strange part: if I do switch by hand the status is not detected by Homey and I'm not able to control flows.
The switch is not changing in on or off at the devices part in the desktop app by switching by hand while the light it self is switching on and of.
If I do this at switch one off the same module, everything is working fine. So only switch2 is mallfunctioning.

Is this meaning the device is partly broken?
Controlable by homey, controlable by hand, but not giving signal back by switching by hand for only one of the two switches?

I did remove the device and paired again. The same result

EDIT:

I'm even more confused. I swopped the double switch with a spare one. Paired it with Homey.
Exact the same story??
I do use the same switch in the hall no problem?
I realy don't understand

Comments

• 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited February 2018
    I would like to help you, but I do not understand you because of the poor English.
    Maybe you can post your problem in Dutch under your own post.

Ps
    Are you sure it's a double switch and not dimmer2?
  • Nothing wrong with ur English.
    For the question part: Did u check on github for possible issues?
    No I didn’t. I will check tonight
    Maybe its mine
  • canedje said:
    Nothing wrong with ur English.
    No I didn’t. I will check tonight
    It is indeed the same problem.
    I added my situation to the topic at GitHub
  • After update to rc11 the same problem

• canedjecanedje Member
    edited February 2018
    Update ro 1.5.6 same problem.

Strange behaviour update:
    At rc11 I did unpair/pair the devices again.
    Straight after pairing (I removed Homey to the garage because of pairing) the second switch worked and was detected by Homey.
    After replacing Homey back to its original place and  because of that a PtP/reset. The second switch didn't work anymore as mentioned above
    I will try a un-pair/pair with the 1.5.6 version also this evening

EDIT:
    I did un-pair/pair with version 1.5.6. The same behaviour as at rc 11. After pairing homey is seeing the switch, after replace Homey to his normal spot. Not working.
    buttttt I did find another strange behaviour!!
    An other double switch installed at version 1.5.3 did suddenly not work while Homey was replaced to the garage and new one worked over there as mentioned above.
    After replacing homey to his normal spot. The garage switch didn't work anymore while the the "old" switch did work again.
    So I do have the feeling that something has to do with the way the connection is build from the Homey to the switch. at the moment of pairing. 
    Maybe this will help to debug.