This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Tado thermostat

Comments

• Hey get well soon @OpenMind_NL. Take a break. You deserve it. 
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited January 2018
    phil_s said:
    Hey get well soon @OpenMind_NL. Take a break. You deserve it. 
    Thanks Phil :)

To all users:
    Maybe an apology from me is in order also;

Because I started with this app with a lot of knowledge of programming, but very little knowledge about programming Homey, the app was created in stages as I learned more about the possibilities.
    As a result, with every update I had to change things or add new things to the driver, which in turn resulted in Homey having to "get to know the driver" again and again.

Maybe it would have been better not to publish the app before it was finished, but that would have meant that there had not (yet) been a useful app for tado. The old app was not really 'good advertising' for tado and Homey, and I also noticed that there were quite a few users who really wanted to use Homey in combination with tado.

I prefer to see users who occasionally grumble because they have to reinstall, but also become a little happier than users who continue to grumble that the (old) app is a ***** app. So ... I decided to offer the app at an early stage as PR at Athom... sorry for that  :D

PS: The next version will be big and different enough to give it version number 2.0 ;) 
  • longkailongkai Member
    edited January 2018
    Starting 2am last night, Homey (Tado app 1.1.2) had been aggressively querying the DNS for my.tado.com. 

After 340388 queries I rebooted Homey, which resolved the issue. (Restarting the Tado app didn't help.)

Not a big deal, and the app has been working flawlessly up until last night, but I thought I would mention it.

Edit: looks like the reboot also didn't help. I'm now at 551213 requests for my.tado.com. 
  • The tado app is not working anymore, I get the error invalid_grant when I place my cursor on the icon

• phil_sphil_s Member
    edited January 2018
    i have the same! not_logged_in it says? @OpenMind_NL

jpcouprie  just restart the app, it fixed the problem here
  • GerritKoolGerritKool Member
    edited February 2018
    De TADO app werkt niet meer, zie hieronder.
    Alles opnieuw geïnstalleerd en opnieuw ingelogd maar helaas maar na twee minuten weer plat.
    Tado Versie 1.2.1
    Homey Firmware Versie: 1.5.6-rc.8

• Here the same. Thought it was fixed by @Emile
  • @GerritKool  @phil_s
    To be honest... I just did a fast test with the 1.2.1 version and noticed no problems... except for the Home/Away functionality that always says that nobody is home. This seems to be a matter of permissions that tado gave to the Homey login. @Emile told me he would contact tado about that. Those permissions are essential for the Home/Away functionality and for a lot ofl new things in the coming update.

Since yesterday I also added the new OAuth2 log-in to my coming 2.0.0 update which has been running for about 12 hours without any problems besides having no functionality for mobile phones and tablets.

I just did a clean install for version 1.2.1 right from the app-store which is running 2 zones right now. 1 zone containing a Smart Thermostat and a Smart Radiator Thermostat, and one zone with just a Radiator Thermostat... still running fine, but it's just about 10 minutes now... I will keep an eye on it for the coming hours.

• I restart of the app did it again. Both smart Thermostats are working again. Hmmm, strange. 

@GerritKool do restarted the app?
  • Ik heb alles weer verwijderd, homey gereset TADO app opnieuw geïnstalleerd en op dit moment werkt het al twee uur goed.
    Maar hij blijft inderdaad bij aan/afwezig zeggen dat er niemand aanwezig is, hopen dat Emile snel een oplossing heeft.

• @GerritKool sorry, but I am german and can‘t understand Dutch. This is an international forum so please keep posting in english so I can understand what you are asking or saying. 

Otherwise you have to post in the extra dutch section here in this forum. 
  • phil_s said:
    @GerritKool sorry, but I am german and can‘t understand Dutch. This is an international forum so please keep posting in english so I can understand what you are asking or saying. 

Otherwise you have to post in the extra dutch section here in this forum. 
    Oke @phil_s sorry here in my best English.

I have everything removed, re-installed and homey reset, TADO app currently works well for two hours.
    But he remains indeed to say that there is no one present, I hope for a quick fix.

And it still works
  • phil_s said:
    I restart of the app did it again. Both smart Thermostats are working again. Hmmm, strange. 

@GerritKool do restarted the app?

works for me as well
  • Restarting the app worked for a while. But now my Tado-devices are disabled again with a 'not_logged_in' message.
  • Ik heb de Tado-apparaten opnieuw geïnstalleerd ,het lijkt nu goed te gaan.
  • I have reinstalled the Tado devices, it seems good now.
  • hmm, until now a restart fixed the problem for me. but i think it is the tado app itself which forces the crash. i think we must wait until @OpenMind_NL has released the 2.0 app. 
  • Amelsfort said:
    Restarting the app worked for a while. But now my Tado-devices are disabled again with a 'not_logged_in' message.
    Unfortunately same here, extremely annoying!
  • 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have no problems at all.
    Details:
    Homey Firmware Versie: 1.5.6-rc.8
    Tado: V2 

I do not know if it matters, but I participate in the beta program of tado (ios)
     Edit: cheerd to soon, just crashed :(
  •  :D 
  • I did a reinstall of all Tado-devices and haven't noticed the issue again. So I guess that's the solution to the devices becomming unavailable.
  • Where can I find TADO V2
  • https://github.com/athombv/com.tado/pull/10
    Athom needs to merge it to the main line, it's not yet released officially.
  • Sytze said:
    https://github.com/athombv/com.tado/pull/10
    Athom needs to merge it to the main line, it's not yet released officially.
    thanks.
  • v2.0.0 is available as beta version.
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.tado
  • great @OpenMind_NL

will test the home/away status beside the normal homey presence. 
    great work as always!
    edited February 2018
    @phil_s I tested with Samsung Note3 (2013) and s6 (2015) phones and I have noticed that the s6 more often reports a change in position than the Note3. I am very curious about the results with other phones.
  • jpcoupriejpcouprie Member
    edited February 2018
    Tested the 2.0 version.
    I have created the following flow see attachement
    To let is work I have to use the NOT in the condition.
    So the the part is done when I select the NOT in the condition

Edit: function not stable, after making a change in the condition it works or not,.
    Some flows are working normally and someneed the NOT.

Question: Which temperature setting is used : the value before the trigger is fired or the value #temp (trigger tag)
    flow.PNG 842.4K
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited February 2018
    I must change the radius of both Applications (homey presence and tado Original app) for homezone to equal distances. I will Report.

edit: it seems like it works teally good. But in the tado app a radius of 400 meters is selected and prefered. That is for heating ok, but for presence detection it should be lower. So in Home i habe 115 meters. But should i out theses Parameters also to the tado app?

i think tado is in most cases the better relaible presence app. But one has to deal with a bigger radius for better heating shedules or am i wrong?
    edited February 2018
    phil_s said:
    I must change the radius of both Applications (homey presence and tado Original app) for homezone to equal distances. I will Report.

edit: it seems like it works teally good. But in the tado app a radius of 400 meters is selected and prefered. That is for heating ok, but for presence detection it should be lower. So in Home i habe 115 meters. But should i out theses Parameters also to the tado app?

i think tado is in most cases the better relaible presence app. But one has to deal with a bigger radius for better heating shedules or am i wrong?
    The Homey-app shows the distance to the "Home Area". The radius for this Home Area is set in your tado mobile app or at `my.tado.com`. So when the Home radius is set to 400 meter and the Homey-app reports 1.5 km, then the distance to your home (the center of the Home Area) is 1.9 km.
    The default setting for the Home Area is 400 meters, but... you can lower it to 200 meters and the tado app will still say 'recommended'. Below that distance there can be errors in the Home-Away detection, according to tado... 

The tado Home-Away detection was meant for heating/cooling purposes, but if you want to use it for shorter personal distances you can try to set a smaller radius... 50 meters is the lowest possible setting in the tado mobile app... and then create some Homey-flows to control the heating and/or cooling thermostats at a larger distance already. In fact you make Homey take-over the Smart Schedule functionallity in order to control other things at shorter distances.
    My personal setting for the Home-radius is 200 meters, which seems to work fine.

I tried 100 meters, but got the impression that it was not so accurate... by receiving push-messages I sometimes noticed that tado detected me as 'leaving home' when I was already 1 km away... or It noticed me coming home, when I was already there for 1 or 2 minutes.

To be short... experiment with your ideas and report to other users! :D