This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2018

Guess it doesnt have new device ids ?

If not then its gonna be hard to implement good with homey.

• Oy1974 said:
    The Neo pirs i buyed at ali last November seems indeed to have temp sensor. 

Looks like having the same device id as the old ones
  • Yep, thats the same. Ill create a issue on the athom github for them to solve the way te current zwave system handles command class discovery's

That way we can somehow catch a use or not use the temp on the pir

• mruiter said:

Yep, thats the same. Ill create a issue on the athom github for them to solve the way te current zwave system handles command class discovery's

That way we can somehow catch a use or not use the temp on the pir

Best chanse your pir has temp sensor on board.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2018
    Well i guess there are about 10K there that dont have a temp sensor in them.
    None of my pirs have the temp. its something that they recently upgraded.

And thats with the same device id,s

So the problem is at NEO coolcam its side for not giving the device with new capabilitys and a new version a new device iD

For starters i would suggest all you peeps with the new pirs start to send messages to the support department of neo coolcam on there website or stalk them on skype. because the bas of the problem is in there and now youre new devices 

Nevertheless . The watersensors and the pir settings errors are solved in the latest version of the app.
    It has been pending appstore approval and is still waiting for it. So as always we use the athom sooooon then its fixed
  • My neo coolcam PIR suddenly keeps reporting movement back to the homey while there is no movement. Resetting it by removing the battery seems to help for a while. Is this a known issue?
  • Seems to be a range issue. I had a second one new in the box and its having the same issue. The old one, no one floor lower is working fine.

Which is strange, because it has been working flawlessly for 6 months and nothing has changed...

• zwave core in homey has a lot of issues atm.  there working on stability...... so lets hope that stability comes soon.
  • vaderag said:
    miremi said:
    Hi all,

I'm planning to move from domoticz to homey (already have one). I have lot of zwave sensors from coolcam 20+ and fibaro 15+ does it works well together on homey?
    And the main question is that i don't see any temperature reading from my coolcam PIR sensors. I read here that there is no temperature sensor inside pir sensor but i have 6 PIR sensors and all of them have temperature in domoticz also see link to coolcam store on aliexpress:

http://https//www.aliexpress.com/store/product/NEO-COOLCAM-Z-wave-PIR-Motion-Sensor-Detector-Temperature-Sensor-Home-Automation-Alarm-System-Motion-Alarm/1196544_32836387244.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.6b8d2843DFgRui 
    If they have temperature then that would be amazing - I resigned myself to them not having temp after reading posts on here but if they do then that would be awesome. 
    That said, i'm not even getting battery at the moment and occasionally lose light level ;) (holding out on next homey update to fix that...)
    35+ sensors? You own a castle? There are sensors within the toilets and washingmachine etc? You own a family recreation park? 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2018
    35 is only the start of half a smart home :)
    My car even has more in its trunk.
  • A quick question: is it possible to change the type (heater, fan, light, etc.) for a powerplug _after_ adding it? I have some powerplugs I used for two fans, but I am using them for lights now. Every time I say "alle lichten uit" (all lights off) everything goes off except those two plugs. Would be nice if I could tell the plugs there is now a light connected to them... And if I have to re-add them I have to re-do all the flows (if so: suggestion for a future update?).
  • No, it cant be changed only by removing and re-pairing the device. This is by design of the Homey OS and not possible unless athom adds this feature
  • The meter reset function in the Z-wave mesh drivers has been put on hold until unknown.
    Since it broke a few months ago there was a issue that a meter reset didnt work.

I put it back into the App itself so with the just published 2.0.6 version meter reset works again. 
    It could be you need to fix the flowcard by remove and re-add in youre flow .
  • I see you now have support for two different key fobs from neo...

I can't seem to find these to buy anywhere, but would really like one! Anyone advise where to pick up??
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    edited February 2018
    Any reason the SOS one is pricier? Seems less functional...

Is it possible to require a certain combination of button pressed to take an action?

Also, what's wrong with her the Aerotek one?

Edit: or even better can I have something happen when the fob I connected to the network??

• Dont know why the SOS is pricier. 

The keyfob itself doesnt have combos . Only button 1,2 and 3 single and double click and a single click on the sos button

Aeotec you have so shift a piece from the buttons.. That gets fracked after a month or so and drops open every time 

You can make combos in flows offcourse , but combos are slow then
  • mruiter said:
    Dont know why the SOS is pricier. 

The keyfob itself doesnt have combos . Only button 1,2 and 3 single and double click and a single click on the sos button

Aeotec you have so shift a piece from the buttons.. That gets fracked after a month or so and drops open every time 

You can make combos in flows offcourse , but combos are slow then
    Thank you! 
    Double click might be enough...

Did you see my edit? Just wondering if possible for action on the fob entering the network?
  • Will try tomorrow , only tested the keyfob in house
  • Is the new siren supported yet? :)
  • mruiter said:
    Will try tomorrow , only tested the keyfob in house
    Let me know how you get on!!
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2018
    dagobert said:
    Is the new siren supported yet? :)
    Its the same as the old so yes. just a new casing and a battery pack
  • Is it possible to do something with the led on the keyfob?
    For example blink if the flow (alarm off) was executed succesfully. Or can it only react to key presses..
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2018
    zimbra said:
    Is it possible to do something with the led on the keyfob?
    For example blink if the flow (alarm off) was executed succesfully. Or can it only react to key presses..
    nope not possible.
    but they invented push notification in the homey app for that :)
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2018
    Ok peeps. The first 2 users with real Pir V2's have reported in last weekend and the App in beta supports them.

So once again, if homey detects youre so called Pirv2 as a V1 then you have a normal V1 with a V2 casing.

If youre V2 shows up as a generic devices then you'll need to use the beta app or wait 1 of 2 days until Athom approves it to stable.

The Real V2 Pirs do have Temp indeed . And dont show up as a V1 icon.
  • Just got a v1 PIR and its not reporting lux properly. Its reports once when I add it and after that no reports anymore. Anyone knows if this can be fixed? Motion is reported properly.
  • I had a similar weird thing, where i jus set up two new coolcam PIR and the luminance are in the hundreds (4xx and 6xx), where as the old ones are all sub 100...
    Any ideas why this is?

NB. 24hr later they're reporting the same
  • Is there any way to do something like " if luminance is less than 20 or not registered"?
    I have flows that use <x and 95% off the time they work, but the coolcam devices seem to lose the luminance every now and then. I'd rather have the action happen in this situation than not, so would like to be able to prepare for this eventuality...
  • Hi,

I'm in possession of a Neo touch wall with a single button. I want to add it as a Neo Coolcam device, but Homey doesn't recognize it. Below you'll find the product ID. Please advise.

Regards Bobby

• @baboonen ;
    Are you able to test the latest version from my github @baboonen ?

I have added the info