This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Issues with some functionality

Hi,

just bought a Homey yesterday and already in to some challenges to get it work properly.

1. Name of zones and number of zones are not replicated from my Desktop Application to my iPhone App?

2. Remotec Sceenmaster ZRC-90 is not working. I downloaded Remotec app to Homey. Added device ZRC-90 to Homey. I have it in the Flow list and can drag it to Flow builder and select for example "Button 1" pressed "2x" will start an action. But it will not work. My Fibaro KeyFob works. When I check the settings for ZRC-90 and dont have any options to configure buttons (1x, 2x, long press etc.) like I have for my KeyFob.

3. I cant remove my ZRC-90 from device list. When I try to i get the message it is reset and not a part of a Z-wave network. But the Icon in device list still remain.

4. How do I add my mobile phone as a device?

Sorry for all this question. Hope someone can support me with solutions.

Comments

• 2. I have the same device and for me it's working normally 
     did you pair it using the generic zwave or the Remotech app ? 
    3. try excluding the Remotech, that usually fixes zwave issues 

4. install the Homey app* on your phone & login you should see it appear 
    you can check it through the webpage where you normally select a homey to login to 

* you need the original app i think, not the new dev version

• techniman said:
    2. I have the same device and for me it's working normally 
     did you pair it using the generic zwave or the Remotech app ? 
    3. try excluding the Remotech, that usually fixes zwave issues 

4. install the Homey app* on your phone & login you should see it appear 
    you can check it through the webpage where you normally select a homey to login to 

* you need the original app i think, not the new dev version

* Both is possible
  • I too am facing a problem adding my mobile phone as a device :/
  • Hi and thx for your comments. Tested yesterday to delete Remotec App from Homey and reinstall it. That more or less solved my issues with Remotec ZRC-90 controller. I have three of them and two of them are now working properly but the third one is still not working (controlling Flows). I also have a KeyFob which worked two Days ago but know not working properly (not activating Flows as has done).

Name of zones and number of zones are now replicated from my Desktop Application to my iPhone App. I just took same Days.

My mobile phone has still not appered in my Desktop application (software).

Yesterday I also find out that Homey ZigBee network has limited range. If I put my ZigBee devices (IKEA Trådfri) at first floor and Homey at second floor it will not work, but if I Place Homey at the same floor as ZigBee devices it works. Saddly that gives limitations in how to automize your home.

I also see that Desktop Application software sometimes lagging in Communication with Homey. Might be my internet Connection?