This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Harman Kardon app

Hi all,

I'm already some time on the forums but don't see much people which own a Harman Kardon set or speakers. That's why I opened a topic my self. The reason why I opened it is to see if there are more people which own Harman Kardon stuff and if someone else is looking to make a HK app.

I own a Harman Kardon BDS375 which can be controlled by my iPhone so I guess there is a chance that I can make a app which can control my HK by Homey.

I found already some node stuff and some api stuff: https://www.npmjs.com/package/harman-kardon-hubapp-api

If anyone else can help me with useful stuff then your welcome!

Comments

• I have a HK but no app..
    I do am interested in a connection with Homey.
    Just to activate it an move the volume up and down.

• I have a HK but no app..

Which HK do you use? Most newer HK's are able to be controlled by a smartphone app. Which connectivity does your HK has? Network, Bluetooth, AirPlay?

I'm able to do everything with my iPhone what my remote can do, so thats why i want to make an app for Homey, so i'm able to say "OK Homey, set my volume to 30!"
  • I'm using several Omni 10 speakers and planning to buy a few Omni 20's in the future. The nice thing is that HK using open source so this should make it a bit easier to connect Homey.
  • Reflow said:
    I have a HK but no app..

Which HK do you use? Most newer HK's are able to be controlled by a smartphone app. Which connectivity does your HK has? Network, Bluetooth, AirPlay?

I'm able to do everything with my iPhone what my remote can do, so thats why i want to make an app for Homey, so i'm able to say "OK Homey, set my volume to 30!"
    old school. ...
    AV130 
    Just a remote.
  • Bds 7773w over here..
    with iPhone app and Bluetooth and AirPlay.
    interested in the app as well
  • me 2 i have the AVR171
  • Me owns a 
    BDS 780W
  • I have the AVR161/230
  • Yes this is what im looking for! Im using the HK app but it would be great if we can control it with homey! 
  • Hi There,

Is someone how Can make a app/support for Harman Kardon AVR 170?
    This is a A/V Tuner that can controlled by Harman APP on my phone.
    Unfortunately I do not have programming skills (yet) by myself.

Usefull functions I can think off for the app:
    Switch power on / off
    Read current volume and change volume
    Read current source input and change input
    Listen to internet music (internet radio / Spotify)

A Donation is availible.
    Let me/us Know!