This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
CommunityApp

Qubino switch out of range or unstable app

Hi members,

Last week I installed the Qubino ZMNHAD1 Flush switch to manage the garden lights. The Switch is located in the barn and built-in a PVC junction box. The distance between Homey and the switch is about 7 till 9 meters.

From the moment I installed and paired the switch it doesn’t act really reliable and sometimes it won’t react at all. After rebooting Homey the switch acts normal but a couple hours later it won’t respond anymore.

According to the Qubino product specifications the switch has a maximum range of 30 meters indoors, I’m aware that this 30 meter is in the most ideal circumstances but 9 meter is not even one third of the maximum range so I can’t imagine that this is the deal breaker.

I can’t figure out what’s the issue, is it the maximum range or an instable app. Does anyone has the same experiences with the Qubino switch?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• It is most likely the range, the practical range (the range you need to take into consideration) for a stable direct connection is only 7-9 meters inside, that is with a clear sight (no walls/windows/doors). 
    But even metal or thermopane glass can absorb the signal, even when not in between the device and controller, but nearby is enough.

This is btw with all devices, and not manufacturer specific. 
    You can of course always put a powered module in between that can relay the signals, and or build up a mesh network. 
  • caseda said:
    It is most likely the range, the practical range (the range you need to take into consideration) for a stable direct connection is only 7-9 meters inside, that is with a clear sight (no walls/windows/doors). 
    But even metal or thermopane glass can absorb the signal, even when not in between the device and controller, but nearby is enough.

This is btw with all devices, and not manufacturer specific. 
    You can of course always put a powered module in between that can relay the signals, and or build up a mesh network. 

If you’re correct about the maximum reaching distance I feel a bit mislead by Qubino and their product specifications.

Is there a way I can see this “out of range” error in the Z-wave system logs, a specific code/command?

Thanks for your support.
  • Some manufactures even claim 50 meters inside.
    Such a weird feeling sometimes that they used the wrong side of the measuring tape, 30 feet = 10 meters

The log will tell "transmit_complete_no_ack" / "transmit_complete_unknown_ack" after a signal was send.

No ack = not acknowledged, or in human words, the device did not send the "I've received your signal" signal back.
  • caseda said:
    Some manufactures even claim 50 meters inside.
    Such a weird feeling sometimes that they used the wrong side of the measuring tape, 30 feet = 10 meters

The log will tell "transmit_complete_no_ack" / "transmit_complete_unknown_ack" after a signal was send.

No ack = not acknowledged, or in human words, the device did not send the "I've received your signal" signal back.
    Yep, the error message "transmit_complete_no_ack" is the case. At the moment I don't have any other Z-wave products in my network so the best option seems a Z-wave extender.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.