This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Find my phone

zilla_1982zilla_1982 Member
edited January 2018 in Apps
Hey.
Is there a certain app where you can have a sound signal trough the phone speaker via the speech flow from homey to the mobile phone?
If, for example, it is in your home but can not find it you say "ok homey, where is the phone from <user> and then the phone makes somekind of alarm?

I've tried several from the app store but none can do anything like that. As far as I can see at least.

I like to hear it. Mvg remco

Comments

• No, not at the moment
    But.. 
    You could always use IFTTT in a flow 

• I tried that app. But i have no clue how that app can make the phone give a sound ?
  • Make a flow with speech and let pushover send a message to ur phone maybe?
  • I tried that app. But i have no clue how that app can make the phone give a sound ?

In homey create a flow with an IFTTT action, think of a name for the action, I used "FindPhone1" 

(wait a couple of minutes in order for the systems to )

Now make a new IFTTT applet (either online or through the app) as follows: 
    IF "Homey>Flow is triggered" > select the "FindPhone1" 
    click "create trigger" 
    THEN   "Voip Call" > "Call my Device" 

or something along those lines  

• Make a flow with speech and let pushover send a message to ur phone maybe?
    the notifications comes with a buzz or silent message . eventhough trouwh notification it could be a simple sound, to short for searching.
  • techniman said:
    I tried that app. But i have no clue how that app can make the phone give a sound ?

In homey create a flow with an IFTTT action, think of a name for the action, I used "FindPhone1" 

(wait a couple of minutes in order for the systems to )

Now make a new IFTTT applet (either online or through the app) as follows: 
    IF "Homey>Flow is triggered" > select the "FindPhone1" 
    click "create trigger" 
    THEN   "Voip Call" > "Call my Device" 

or something along those lines  

it could work, but then you need to SIGN up for an accouht, there a a vew apps here that does the trick, but also needs a signup.

the trick is, to get a sound app trough homeyapp. but i guess it will be hard to do without to have any member signup to do

• @techniman i have tried the ifttt app. But your template what you used as an example in this post i couldnt find it on the IFTTT. (On the right bottom you see "works with speech") all i could find was the voip ones. And they al says (us only)
  • @techniman i had to creat a new aplett. Thought it was something already there. But created it. Call my phone. And my phone rings. Perfect. Now to figure out how to set volume to max in case the sound is off.