This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave

[APP] Eurotronic Technologies

casedacaseda Member
edited December 2017 in Apps

Eurotronic Technologies (Z-Wave) Thermostatics

Current App Version: 1.2.0

Main topic to centralize all Questions, Answers and Information around the Eurotronic Technologies Thermostatics (https://www.eurotronic.org/)
This app will only feature the Z-Wave devices, so the Bluetooth and Oceanic devices are and will not be supported (by me).

Links and information:

Apps Store: https://apps.athom.com/app/org.eurotronic
Github: https://github.com/caseda/org.eurotronic (CLI install how to)

Supported Devices:

smallpng
Stella (Z-Wave):
The Stella needs to wake up (default: every 1 hour) before any of the temperature or mode set commands will be processed.
User can set the interval lower, but this will greatly reduce the battery life.
Or higher to increase battery life if it doesn't matter to wait more then an hour to process the new target temperature or new mode.
  • Read target temperature (not the manual set temperature)
  • Read last measured temperature
  • On every Wake-Up:
    • Read measured temperature
    • Set target temperature
    • Read/Set modes: Off, Comfortable, Economic and Manual
    • Set economy target temperature (Flow Only)
    • Set manual valve position (Flow only)
smallpng
Comet (Z-Wave):

The Comet needs to wake up (default: every 1 hour) before any of the temperature or mode set commands will be processed.
User can set the interval lower, but this will greatly reduce the battery life.
Or higher to increase battery life if it doesn't matter to wait more then an hour to process the new target temperature or new mode.
  • Read target temperature (not the manual set temperature)
  • Read last measured temperature
  • On every Wake-Up:
    • Read measured temperature
    • Set target temperature
    • Read/Set modes: Off, Comfortable, Economic and Manual
    • Set economy target temperature (Flow Only)
smallpng
Spirit (Z-Wave):
The Spirit supports FLiRS (Frequently Listening Receiving Slave), this means that the thermostatic listens once per second, in a very low battery consuming mode, for a certain signal.
This makes it that all temperature and mode commands will be processed almost instantly.
  • Read & Set target temperature
  • Read or Set measured (room) temperature (set = flow and/or direct association only)
  • Read & Set modes (Off, Comfortable, Economic, Boost, Manual)
  • Set economy target temperature (Flow only)
  • Read & Set (child) protection (Settings and Flow)

Questions, issues or feature requests:

If you have any questions, issues or feature requests, feel free to ask them here or on the github issue page.
Or if you want to ask something in private, don't hesitate to PM me.

Change Log:

v1.2.1: (Nov 28, 2017)
- Spirit: Fix default temperature reporting, normal default is too high.
- Spirit: Fix a few text errors.
- Spirit: Added id's for (future) firmware update of the spirit.

v1.2.0: (Oct 30, 2017)
- Add support Spirit Z-Wave
- Fixed temperature ranges of Stella and Comet thermostatic
- Fixed "manual position" value not being inserted in the global token
- Update Z-Wave driver to 1.1.9

v1.1.3: (May 10, 2017)
- Fix set economic temperature bug.

v1.1.1 & 1.1.2: (May 4, 2017)
- Minor fixes

v1.1.0: (Apr 24, 2017)
- Add support for manual position control (re-pair needed for full support)
- Update Z-Wave driver to 1.1.8
- A lot of code improvements

Initial stable, v1.0.0: (Dec 24, 2016)
- Added support Stella Z-Wave
- Comet Z-Wave:
- Update mode support
- Updated Read me
- Changed error logging
Tagged:

Comments

• Somebody have an idea when it could be supported?
    Device: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2543
    Documentation:
    https://www.eurotronic.org/fileadmin/user_upload/eurotronic.org/Produktbilder/spirit_z_wave_plus/Spirit_Z-Wave_BAL_web_EN_view_04.pdf

Would be nice - because it is a good alternate Z-Wave thermostat :)

Thanks!
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    As also mentioned on the app page, I will receive mine this evening and then start writing full support for it
  • tb1962tb1962 Member
    edited December 2017
    I have mine for a week now. I have mixed feelings about this device.
    The problem is that when not in use for a longer periode (ie a few hours) the spirit goes into a deep sleep. It is nearly impossible to controle the spirit from within a flow. I always get a red triangle in de flowcard that sets target temperature of the spirit. When the spirit is awake it works fine.

I have created a HomeyScript script to see whats happening and found that a timeout exceptions after 5000ms is the reason. But when you repeatedly send the command with a delay of 25 sec. (maybe a shorter time will be ok), the device wakes up after 3, 4 or 5 retries and then accepts the target temperature value.

This script is working stable now but i think it is not the way it should work. I'am unsure if it is the device or the eurotronic app that is failing. Does anyone have the same experience?

the (part of the)script i use for setting the target value is:

function wait (timeout) {
         return new Promise((resolve) => {
            _.delay(function(text) {
                  resolve();
             }, timeout)
         })
    }

async function setCapabilityAndRetry(device , capability)
    {
           for (let i = 0; i <= 10; i++) {
                 try {
                      return await device.setCapabilityValue(capability.cap, capability.value);
                 } catch(e) {
                      await wait(25000);
                }
          }
    }

• casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    @tb1962
    This should not be the case, and also doesn't happen for me either, i think it is more a range issue in your case and thus the signal isn't always received by the thermostat.
    What does the red exclamation mark say? probably "TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK"

I just tested it (after a week of not sending a new set temperature value) and it still changed instantly with just 1 command
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited December 2017
    I can second @caseda 's experience. It works great, even after sleeping for 24 hours or more.

My Spirit is located in the attic, Homey is on the ground floor. So, 2 floors distance. No issues.

I included it next to Homey, so in the routing I see that it could even be optimized further. But, it's working correctly as it is, so will leave it as is. 
  • tb1962tb1962 Member
    edited December 2017
    caseda said:
    @tb1962
    This should not be the case, and also doesn't happen for me either, i think it is more a range issue in your case and thus the signal isn't always received by the thermostat.
    What does the red exclamation mark say? probably "TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK"

I just tested it (after a week of not sending a new set temperature value) and it still changed instantly with just 1 command
    @caseda and @Eternity

the red exclamation mark shows 'senddata_timeout'. The problem can't be the distance because that is only about 5 or 6 meters with a thin wall between. Even with the door open i get this error. In my HomeyScript code i can see in the exception i get, that the timeout is 5000 milliseconds
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    @tb1962 senddata_timeout is a homey issue (it failed to send the data), so not even an app or device issue.

on what homey firmware are you running? as i haven't seen messages about the send data timeout for a while now.
  • tb1962tb1962 Member
    edited December 2017
    @caseda

i'am running on firmware 1.5.3
    update:
    in the zwave log i see the following entries when i try to set the setpoint temp:

[2017-12-16T17:19:33.539Z] Node[54]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT, params 0x010122006e
    [2017-12-16T17:19:33.546Z] Node[54]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY, params 0x40
    [2017-12-16T17:19:33.547Z] Command[1253] start: sendData
    [2017-12-16T17:19:33.555Z] ProcessSendData[1252]: To node: 54 with data: 0x9840 and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE,EXPLORE
    [2017-12-16T17:19:43.573Z] ProcessSendData[1252]: Error: senddata_timeout
    [2017-12-16T17:19:43.576Z] Command[1253] end: sendData

• searched github and the last message/issue was that it was fix in 1.5.2 RC8

so please try rebooting your homey and see if that fixes it, and if not 1.5.6 will offer A Lot of updates to z-wave, lets hope that that fixes it.
    if not you will have to create a github issue that the senddata_timeout is still not fixed
    edited December 2017
    Had a timeout too, this morning...... Murphy....

Without a PTP, half an hour later it worked again.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    can you please then make a new github issue including a part of the z-wave log where the timeout occurs (also good for the timestamp), and a homey log with it, which should be default step anyway.
    can not reproduce it myself so can't really make an issue about it.
    edited December 2017
    Sorry @caseda,  I am a bit late with responding. I will have a look at the log and hope to find the issue in the messages.

Update
    I did not have z-wave logging enabled..so no log :-(
    Have it enabled now and will check for the same time out issue with the Spirit!

• Yesterday I've finished updating the app to SDKv2.

As I only have the Spirit myself, that is the only driver I can fully test. 

Even though they work pretty much the same as the Spirit, I would still like to have someone test the Comet or Stella driver for all functionalities.

So if any of you is willing to test one of the 2 drivers (these two work the same, so it doesn't matter which one)
    Github link
    And report anything that doesn't work, I would greatly appreciate it.

After this the app can be submitted to the app store for everyone to enjoy.

• I have bought two of the spirit model.. and i seems like it is working great, but will it be possible to include the possibility, by a flow card, to sendt a push message when the battery is running low..?

And question nr 2, can anyone tell me what the different function does, Comfortable, Economic, and boost? i think boost is to heat quick, but what about the other two?
  • Might have found a small bug. 

I have a flow that is triggered if the 'set temperature value' changes:

The tag card of the trigger card is dragged to the Simple log comment *and* I have dragged the tag value from the available Spirit tags to another Simple log comment card:

Here the SET temperature changed to 20,5 so the flow was triggered and logs were created.
    The log - however - shows 15 as SET temperature. This is the value from the TAG pulldown menu and should read 20.5

So, the flow is triggered because the SET value changed, but that same SET value is not logged in Simple Log correctly...

edited March 2018
    I also notice that the 'Handmatige positie" value of one of my 3 Spirits is diffrent: 2 are set to 0 and one to 0,99
    With a flow card I can set it to another value. Is zero the same as OFF? In the flow card I can set a value but it seems weird to sent a 0 to it....

(and it should be verandert, not veranderd)

Other than these minor issues, I am happy with  the Spirits now I finally have them working!
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2018
    I'll check the 15 degrees, though that is a default homey flow card, don't think I can do much about that except for letting athom know.

0 = valve closed (0% flow) 
    1 = valve fully opened (100% flow)

That is just how it is implemented in zwave (0 - 99) and found it the most user friendly way.
    Not sure how else to implement something that is done in percentage.

This value is only send by the valve if you changed the corresponding setting for it, so might not be the real value now :wink:

Ps, it is "veranderd", it is passed tense, as it already happened, and not during it happening :wink:
    It is more likely to be missing the word "is" then it being the wrong spelling
  • Thanks Caseda!

I think you are right: it is more likely a delay of bug outside your Eurotronic App influence.
    BTW, in the settings page of the Spirit, the valve value is also explained. I understand it now.

PS
    Regarding the spelling.... if you'd add 'is' you are right. Otherwise.....
    You gave the answer yourself by pointing out that the verb could be replace by 'is' (= present tense) and not 'was' (past tense). So, the word 'verandert' is present tense, and not a 'voltooid deelwoord'.
    Also, a triggers is always in the present. 

This with all due respect !!!

o:) 

edited March 2018
    One more thing...

If I use a flow to set the valve value to 100% (I am a sucker for tidiness and want all values to be logical. In this case all valves should be 100%), the Thermostat mode tag is also changed:

The tekst is now "MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC".

Executing a flow to set the temperature again, clears that and sets it to the HEAT
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2018
    You can only do manual valve values if the mode is set on manual (also "manufacturer specific", kinda makes sense :wink:)
    It doesn't do anything if it isn't so I send (set)  the mode to manual beforehand.

For temperature it either needs to be in heat or economic, but this is something it does automatically.

And for the typo, then also complain about all *** has changed cards athom implemented, they all use "*** is veranderd" :wink:
  • Thanks for making that clear! Now I understand and don't have to remember it :-)

PS
    I wasn't complaining Caseda!
    Perhaps the card's text is"handmatige positie veranderde', but is truncated.
    Time will tell :-)
    edited March 2018
    I posted a Github issue, but now I am not sure if I should have posted it here...  :'(
    Unfortunately, I have problems sending a SET TEMP to my Spirit vales:

It is more hit and miss; sometimes it works and sometimes it fails.

More details are in the GitHub issue.

edited April 2018
    Today I came home to find my office steaming hot.

Two Spirit's control the temperature, they were set to 20 and 19,5 degrees, but its was over 28 degrees and both radiators where still giving heat. My office is faced North, it was not a sunny day and it was morning. Sun has no influence:

I checked it they were responding via Homey; I could use the web interface to adjust the temperature. That seems to work. Than I checked the Insights, and found that the SET temperature is correctly changed according to my flows, but that the resulting temperature is freaking out. 

UPDATE

Investigating this problem further, I found a review of the Spirit valve where the same issue was mentioned. Seems that the valve only reports the built in temperature measured, if it is set to 0.1 delta in settings. Mine was set to 0.2
    No it works again!

edited March 2018
    Note to Self

After an OFF state of the valve, it can take an hour before the Spirit reports the correct actual temperature, even if woken up via a temperature/setting change via Homey or the Spirit itself: