This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• @TedTolboom
    New development, i have connected all my xiaomi devices i couldn't pair/bind before.  Before i updated to v1.5.6-rc.6 i reset the zigbee network and installed your 0.1.4 xiaomi app from github. 

I have added the devices again and managed to connect 20 devices, which are all the sensors i couldn't connect in v1.5.5

but after i tried to connect an temp sensor it got a message that something went wrong ... i tried to pair again and it worked. after that i tried to pair all my xiaomi door/windows sensor and they will not pair with the homey what ever i tried to 

I have installed v1.5.6-rc8 but still the same, it will not pair the door/windows sensors these sensors i have paired them in v1.5.5 but i cannot connect them anymore too homey.

• wolvwolv Member
    edited January 2018
    I have received some Xiaomi sensors today and was eager to add the devices to my Homey tonight.....but I can't install the app. :( the appstore says that the app is not for my version of the firmware. I have also tried to install it through "Add device", but the app doesn't appear when I search for it.

I'm on firmware 1.5.3. 
    Thankful for any pointers that will help me solve this.
  • @wolv
    did you see the topic's title? app works from 1.5.4 and higher, not below.
    so not an app store bug (your other post) but really not meant for homey's pre 1.5.4
  • What would you need to get the water sensor working? :)
  • mehtamehta Member
    edited January 2018
    About the problems regarding adding new xiaomi devices.

After my last post, I again started to experience a complete stop to add new devices. No matter the tweaking I tried to come up with. 

Finally I gave up and reset my homey to factory settings. I started from clean sheet. What is amazing is this: I have NO PROBLEMS whatsoever to add the xiaomi devices that were previously connected to homey. Every single device which were previously connected are easily added again. However, all the "new" devices which before the reset were not possible to add are now not possible to add either. Isn't this a very particular failure? I mean how is it possible to add the 20 or so devices that were also previously added but none of the ones that couldn't be added before, cannot be added now either. And I have tested on at least 15 devices that have never been able to add. It is almost like there is a log saved in the homey...
  • @mehta
    Thats exactly the situation i experienced aswell.
    I remembered when installing the firmware  v1.5.6 rc.5 i  and a full factory reset, i was able to add all the components i never could  pair but all the sensors which where prevouisly added but lost after factory reset i could not pair anymore.
    Also 20 paired sensors is somehow the limit where things do not get paired or added.
  • @mehta and @captkiwi thanks for the feedback.
    This is more and more pointing towards an issue within Homey.. Inclusion of the devices is handled by Homey's Core; an app is only contributing to it by adding the inclusion information (product identification, hint and image).

If it would be app or driver specific, all devices of a certain type would not work.
    If it would be an product ID issue, the device would still be added, but as a standard ZigBee device.

Can either one of you create an GitHub issue at https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues and add both of you add a log-code after trying to include some devices (which fail)?

I will link a similar issue posted on my GitHub repository to it: 
    https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/16
  • Feedback on requested / future developments:
    matrover said:
    + 1 for the cube!
    The Cube is being worked on.
    To be able to complete the driver (rotation angle), I am waiting for an fix within the ZigBee Shepherd (Homey's core).
    see also: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2019
    It was announced to be working within 1.5.6-RC8, but it is not
    Flight777 said:
    What would you need to get the water sensor working? :)
    Well, next to sufficient time....
    Athom to implement the Intruder Alarm System Zone ZigBee Cluster within the ZigBee Shepherd (Homey's core).
    see also: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2005
    Without this cluster, the water leak-, smoke- and natural gas-sensor will not work.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited January 2018
    But to keep you guys happy... I've just submitted v0.2.0 to the app store....

The new supported device line-up will be:

Changelog:
    v 0.2.0
    * Add support for Smart socket plug ZigBee edition (onoff, measure_power)
    * Add support for Aqara Smart Light Wall Switch Single / Double (onoff)
    * Add support for Aqara Smart Socket ZigBee Version (onoff, measure_power)
    * Add explicitly in app title dependency on Homey SW release (>= 1.5.4)
  • Thanks for the adding Aqara Light Wall Switch Single/Double! But the switches do not work correctly. Sometimes turns off/on and sometimes not! After 30 minutes Single switches all stopped working!
  • Maxwell70 said:
    Thanks for the adding Aqara Light Wall Switch Single/Double! But the switches do not work correctly. Sometimes turns off/on and sometimes not! After 30 minutes Single switches all stopped working!
    I would like to understand the issue further; let's continue at the GitHub issue created.
  • In order to be able to answer the frequently asked questions on when new devices will be added or additional feature, I have updated the issue list on GitHub: https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues

If the the device implementation is waiting for a ZigBee implementation change by Athom, the leading issue is linked and the label "waiting for Athom" added.

If I missed features / enhancements, please help me to complement this list; please check before adding duplicates
  • Het lukt mij niet om de aquara button volledig werkend te krijgen.
    Single press werkt goed, maar 2x, 3x en 4x drukken geeft geen reactie.

Zou de onderstaande flow gewoon moeten werken, of doe ik iets verkeerd?

knop.jpg 128.5K
  • Jappie said:
    Het lukt mij niet om de aquara button volledig werkend te krijgen.

@Jappie the device does not support multi-click or key held options natively.

So the flowcard provides the incorrect options; I will correct it in the next (after 0.2.0) update... Thanks for reporting!
  • Jappie said:
    Het lukt mij niet om de aquara button volledig werkend te krijgen.

@Jappie the device does not support multi-click or key held options natively.

So the flowcard provides the incorrect options; I will correct it in the next (after 0.2.0) update... Thanks for reporting!
  • Feedback on requested / future developments:
    matrover said:
    + 1 for the cube!
    The Cube is being worked on.
    To be able to complete the driver (rotation angle), I am waiting for an fix within the ZigBee Shepherd (Homey's core).
    see also: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2019
    It was announced to be working within 1.5.6-RC8, but it is not
    Flight777 said:
    What would you need to get the water sensor working? :)
    Well, next to sufficient time....
    Athom to implement the Intruder Alarm System Zone ZigBee Cluster within the ZigBee Shepherd (Homey's core).
    see also: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2005
    Without this cluster, the water leak-, smoke- and natural gas-sensor will not work.
    Thanks Ted! recieved the cube today so ready to test when the issue has been solved. :) 
  • But to keep you guys happy... I've just submitted v0.2.0 to the app store....

The new supported device line-up will be:

Changelog:
    v 0.2.0
    * Add support for Smart socket plug ZigBee edition (onoff, measure_power)
    * Add support for Aqara Smart Light Wall Switch Single / Double (onoff)
    * Add support for Aqara Smart Socket ZigBee Version (onoff, measure_power)
    * Add explicitly in app title dependency on Homey SW release (>= 1.5.4)
    Ted, not seeing this update yet, still shows as 0.1.3, am i missing something?
    Andrew
  • TorrfuraTorrfura Member
    edited January 2018
    Wouldn't it be useful if Door & Window sensor could trigger a flow when state changed, and then separate events if contact alarm is on or off? Then you could use one flow to control both scenarios...
  • Thanks Ted, now running the update.

When i install the double switch and then use it in a flow i get the option to turn on or turn off (assume this is both switches) or turn ona nd turn off the right switch. Can't seem to see a card for the left switch control only.

Andrew
  • Torrfura said:
    Wouldn't it be useful if Door & Window sensor could trigger a flow when state changed, and then separate events if contact alarm is on or off? Then you could use one flow to control both scenarios...
    @Torrfura understand your point.
    For the door sensors, I’m using the default alarm_contact capability including the default trigger cards. So this is a generic issue, applicable to all devices using the alarm_contact...

So I would request you to create an issue at Athom to add this ‘alarm state changed’ trigger card to the alarm_contact capability...
    Thanks Ted, now running the update.

When i install the double switch and then use it in a flow i get the option to turn on or turn off (assume this is both switches) or turn ona nd turn off the right switch. Can't seem to see a card for the left switch control only.

Andrew
    I’m still having to work around quite some Homey ZigBee implementation issues (see the Xiaomi ZigBee app GitHub issues section, link few comments above).
    One of them is that Homey’s ZigBee does not support multiChannelNodes (devising 1 unit into multiple virtual units; ie. Left and Right switch) as Z-wave does...
    in order to make the double switch work, both switches were added into 1 device as visible on the mobile card... the left switch utilizing the default onoff capabilities (and trigger cards; so no these are only for the left switch) and the right switch using custom capabilities (and trigger cards).

From the app, I can’t overwrite the title of the default trigger card, otherwise I would have marked it as left switch...

Bit longer response to both questions; also to indicate the limitations of the current ZigBee implementation we have to work around with creative solutions...
  • thanks Ted, understood,  just delighted to be able to use them in my flows now.
    good work

Andrew
  • DemonicDMDemonicDM Member
    edited January 2018
    hello, i am new here and just got my homey

can someone help how to install to be able to connect to my xiaomi gateway! I downloaded the files but dont know how to install them. thanks

update:

tried homey app store, and gets , this app is incompatable with my device. cant install it

update 2
    seems i need expermental update, i will try that first :)
    edited January 2018
    Dear all,
    Small weekend present: I just released the update with support for the Xiaomi Cube to the app store...

Please read the device readme for details!

Change log:
    v 0.2.1
    * Add support for Xiaomi Cube, see device readme for details
    (Slide, Shake, Double Tap, Rotate (action, not angle yet), Flip 90°, Flip 180°)  
      note: Cubes included based on previous development builds need to be re-included
  • Minor update (v0.2.2) released to the app store.

Change log:
    v 0.2.2
    * Update relative link in readme.md to direct link (Homey apps compatible) for the Xiaomi Cube device readme
    * Update app manifest for supported Devices
  • Sorry if this has been asked before. Could not find the answer in this topic...
    Does anybody know wether the powered Aqara (like powerplugs) devices create a Mesh, making the range better?
    So far I see all devices connect direct to Homey.

nb. Thanks for the Cube implemantation! Waited for this before buying one.
  • mehtamehta Member
    edited January 2018
    Minor update (v0.2.2) released to the app store.

Change log:
    v 0.2.2
    * Update relative link in readme.md to direct link (Homey apps compatible) for the Xiaomi Cube device readme
    * Update app manifest for supported Devices
    Awesome implementation Ted. Thanks! Because of my zigbee problems I had to once again factory reset my homey in order to be able to try the cube implementation. Really cool stuff!

As soon as I am able to add more than xiaomi 20 devices, alot cool sh!t will be tested :)
  • My curtain controller is not delivered yet so I can't help you with adding that. Is there already someone who help you testing this thing? And when do you expect this to be done? 
  • Just a heads up: my wall switch Aqara still shows 1-2-3-4 click options. Is this because I added it before the options where removed, and it keeps them? Or did you forget to remove them because you where busy adding some dice without numbers on it to the app? :p

edited January 2018
    fredsky said:
    Sorry if this has been asked before. Could not find the answer in this topic...
    Does anybody know wether the powered Aqara (like powerplugs) devices create a Mesh, making the range better?
    So far I see all devices connect direct to Homey.

nb. Thanks for the Cube implemantation! Waited for this before buying one.
    Yes, the powered Aqara devices will provide routing capabilities and create a ZigBee mesh.
    Looking forward to you experience with the Cube....
    @mehta said:
    Awesome implementation Ted. Thanks! Because of my zigbee problems I had to once again factory reset my homey in order to be able to try the cube implementation. Really cool stuff!

As soon as I am able to add more than xiaomi 20 devices, alot cool sh!t will be tested :)
    @mehta did you file a GitHub issue at Athom, as suggested above, so I can follow-up with the Athom team to investigated the cause of this issue?
    julianvdo said:
    My curtain controller is not delivered yet so I can't help you with adding that. Is there already someone who help you testing this thing? And when do you expect this to be done? 
    Thanks for offering. I currently have a Curtain controller as borrowed from @RuudvB.
    Some first steps have been made...
    but the specific curtain control class requires some additional work; for which I will only have time in 3 weeks from now.
    Mecallie said:
    Just a heads up: my wall switch Aqara still shows 1-2-3-4 click options. Is this because I added it before the options where removed, and it keeps them?
    Or did you forget to remove them because you where busy adding some dice without numbers on it to the app? :p
    I indeed did forget to update it in the app, while working to get the Cube supported in the Xiaomi app, just before leaving on a business trip for 3 weeks. Do you mind to set a reminder on GitHub so I'll correct it once I'm back?
  • agentq15 said:

Tallguy said:
    I have the same sensors (Aqara Human Body Sensor) since last weekend. I changed the timeout to 60(seconds) and they work fine. They register my movement when entering a room and also revert back to the 'no movement detected' after 60 seconds.

Yeah but does it reset when you move in between those 60 seconds? So it doesnt Timeout If there still is movement 

can anyone share some flows on how this works? I've tried setting a 30/60 timeout on the motion detection, but it acts weird:

when motion is detected, light goes on
    when no motion is detected, light off

What i've seen so far is that every 30 seconds/60 seconds, while there is actual motion in the room, the light flashes off and back on. (Suggesting that the sensor didn't see motion after the 30 seconds). Can you confirm that the timer actually resets while motion is ongoing?

This discussion has been closed.