This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Doorbell image capture in apartment

Hi dear reader,

I have a question for a project i'm trying to work on.
In my apartment on the 3rd floor i have no visual or voice communication. I can't see or hear someone when they ring my doorbell so i placed an POE IP camera bought on Aliexpress and this works pretty good.

Now my doorbell works on "zwakstroom" 6v or something and i want a device that can communicate with Homey.
Something like sonoff or something.

My idea is to let the wifi or 433mhz device give a signal to Homey when my doorbell rings and let Homey communicate with my ip-camera to take a picture and send it to my iPhone.
I'm capable to program something to make the communication between the yet unknown device and ip-camera trough Homey via Javascript or something. The camera supports Onvif so pictures can be taken via that protocol.

I hope somebody can help me pin point the device that will send the signal to Homey, i really have no clue what to buy or what might be working for me.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Rickerd said:
    I'm capable to program something to make the communication between the yet unknown device and ip-camera trough Homey via Javascript or something. The camera supports Onvif so pictures can be taken via that protocol.
    If you add something like a KlikAanKlikUit doorbell, which is not very expensive (but also doesn't have a great range), you can add that as the trigger for Homey. I personally have my office doorbell connected to Homey so it sends me a Telegram message.
    Then if your IP cam has a snapshot URL that outputs a JPG image, use the Image Grabber in the app store to retrieve a picture. You can send that using mail, Telegram, etc.
  • I've setup a cheap Wemos d1 Mini to do the same thing but through wifi, hooked it up to an USB charger  
    works pretty good, just the occasional ghost pushes, apparently it also needs a extra pull-up resistor
    just didn't get around to adding that :-)  
  • techniman said:
    I've setup a cheap Wemos d1 Mini to do the same thing but through wifi, hooked it up to an USB charger.
    Can you explain how you did this? 
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    On the site of Robbshop there is an example. Possible fits to your question.
    https://www.robbshop.nl/domotica/z-wave-projecten/z-wave-deurbel?sqr=deurbel&
  • canedje said:
    Op de site van Robbshop wordt een voorbeeld gegeven. Mischien heb je er wat aan.
    Is it possible to let the fibaro binary sensor communicate with Homey directly with no need of other devices?
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited January 2018
    Fibaro binary sensor is supported by Homey, it is a Z-Wave device. It only needs a power supply.
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.fibaro

• jorden said:
    Rickerd said:
    If you add something like a KlikAanKlikUit doorbell, which is not very expensive (but also doesn't have a great range), you can add that as the trigger for Homey. I personally have my office doorbell connected to Homey so it sends me a Telegram message.
    Then if your IP cam has a snapshot URL that outputs a JPG image, use the Image Grabber in the app store to retrieve a picture. You can send that using mail, Telegram, etc.
    ImageGrabber works like a charm. Thursday the fibaro sensor will be implemented onto my doorbell. The flows are already working by voice and telegram command.