This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Smart Insights: summarize hours, days, week, months and years

Good afternoon, 

I will like to get some backers for my Feature Request I posted a month ago: 2084
So, I'm posting the whole request here. Please upvote on GitHub if you like the idea.

Athom already classified the request, but they have lots of things to work on, more votes could help.

------

Since homey insights save a lot of (useful) data and I'm not aware of a way to selectively clean up and summarize the date, I have a enhancement request.

Situation

You have several sorts of insights

• Values that keep increasing (energy meter)
  • Values that go up and down (temperature, watts)
  • On/Off state (switches, sensors, etc.)
  • Probably some more...

What did you try to achieve?
My request focusses on the first type, values that keep increasing like my 'slimme meter', 'water meter' or 'Solar Panels'.
I would like a feature which analyzes the data and summarizes a day, week, month or even a year.

For example:
Show dec 1 to dec 7, data interval 1D. Day 1: 5 kWh, Day 2: 8 kWh, Day 3: 6 kWh, Day 4: 4 kWh, etc.
Show dec 1 to dec 21, data interval 1W. Week 1: 42 kWh, Week 2: 56 kWh, Week 3: 48 kWh, etc.
Show jan 1 to dec 31, data interval 1M. Month 1: 200 kWh, Month 2: 240 kWh, Month 3: 230 KwH, etc.
Show jan 1 2017 to dec 31 2018, data interval 1Y. Year 1: 2700 KwH, Year 2: 3200 kWh, etc.

What did you expect as result?
This should generate nice graphs which help you identify days, weeks, months or years of high energy usage for example.

You could let the user choose the interval (hours, days, weeks, months, years) and start/end date.
This should be available to all devices that output such data, so this isn't something that each developer have to code separately.

Example created using beter logic
schermafbeelding 2017-12-17 om 13 25 16
Solar energy production, gross kWh usage, net kWh usage.

Bonus?

• You could compare hours of the day/days of the weeks against the same period another day/week. Lets say you forget to turn off some device each Friday night, you could figure that out.
  • You could do the same for the other types:
    -- Calculate how long some device has been on in a period of time (lights, sensors)
    -- Show the minimum, average and maximum in a period of time (weather)
  • Option to delete the original data, but keep the summary (I don't need to know the actual meter reading of Jan 13 2017 17:12:15 right?)

What was the result?
N/A

I did try to make something similar using beter logic, but it takes allot of attributes and flows to accomplish something like this. Did create a successful day kWh and Gas usage though. Which of course, is not as dynamic as my feature request is describing.

Comments