This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave Aeotec

[App] Aeotec by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• I updated my Motion Sensor 6 to 1.8. But the option to turn off the led with motion doesn't work. Is this just me?
  • @daand
    I think not many Homey users have updated the firmware.... it requires a z-wave stick....
  • Eternity said:
    @daand
    I think not many Homey users have updated the firmware.... it requires a z-wave stick....
    I know, I updated it with the Z-Wave stick :)
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2017
    After Homey updated to v1.5.5 I have strange behaviour with my Aeotec sensors.

One sensor will flash the LED indicating that motion was detected, but the motion icon in the Homey interface (on Chrome and the Homey App on my mac) doesn't respond, and flows triggered by motion detection are not triggered. Tamper alarm will not be triggered either.

Another Aeotec motion sensor stays in 'motion alarm' mode, even past the 'motion alarm expire (bewegingsalarm annuleren)". Here the tamper alarm will not trigger too.

I have PTP and I have restarted the Aeotec App.

Does anyone experience similar issues?
  • I'm using the multisensor6 since July 2017. I haven't noticed a different response or problems from the sensor since the 1.5 update series.
    My sensor is connected to a USB power supply and I'm still at firmware 1.7 because I don't have a z-wave stick.
  • Usb powered here, too.

Oddly, only 2 sensors are misbehaving. One doesn't show motion nor tamper alarm. The other keeps motion alarm active and tamper is also not working.

The other 4 sensors still work as should... 

Perhaps it's the way they were included, secure or non-secure. 
  • Eternity said:
    Usb powered here, too.

Oddly, only 2 sensors are misbehaving. One doesn't show motion nor tamper alarm. The other keeps motion alarm active and tamper is also not working.

The other 4 sensors still work as should... 

Perhaps it's the way they were included, secure or non-secure. 
    All my motionsensors en doorsensors stopped working since the 1.5.5 update. Fibaro, Aeotec and NeoCoolcam. I really wish I could turn off experimental updates without deleting all my devices.. 
  • Ouch! 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2017
    To recap; here some Aeotec sensors work, some don't. If they do work, some will trigger flows and some won't !

Odd...

Greenwave Powernode-6 went offline and started having issues  too. Guess it's f/w 1.5.5 experimental related. I posted Github issue.

*** Will refrain from posting more issues. Pisses off ambassadors / purple crocodile people ***
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited November 2017
    @daand @Eternity there is a Z-wave bug, already present since before 1.5.3 (so included into the Stable release), that can cause a group of Z-wave devices to stop responding.

Try to PTP (Pull the Powercord) for 10-15 minutes. In most cases the devices will start responding again after this PTP.

Athom is working on 1.5.6 that should solve this issue and increase the bandwidth for Z-wave and Zigbee...
  • forked app on github .. copied rgb bulb files .. adjusted files for ZW121 LED strip .. tried it on my homey .. it works .. pairing .. on/off .. dim .. color .. needs some more work but will be supported fully when I get back from vacation .. woooohooo :)
  • Still no power consumption showing for the Smart Switch 6....2 newly added today with all up-2-date apps of AeoTec and Homey.
    Don`t have the Gen 5 Z-Stick to check firmware tho.
    Anybody else still have this problem?
  • Another post was redirected here, but I just can't find any info in the different pages. 
    Apparently the "Door/window sensor gen 5" is not supported by Homey? Any ideas on how to add this or will it be supported?
  • Hi,
    i have just bought 3 pcs Aeotec DSB45 Water sensor. It's almost completely impossible to add them. I finally managed but it only shows battery and "no water" it does not respond to water, even though I change the wake up time. also does not help to press the z-wave button. Same problem on all of them.
  • edited April 2018
    Hi. I am trying (without knowing anything about nodejs and very little about JS - but one has to learn) to install the current master of this app using the CLI. I have installed node.js in Windows 10. And I can login and issue commands. I have downloaded the latest master of the aeotec as zip, and unzipped it to a directory.
    When I change to the directory and issue the commands athom app install (or validate or run) it fails with a series of validation errors that I cannot relate to. Most are with the text "should be equal to one of the allowed values"

I did not touch a line of code. Just trying to learn how to install what is there. Is the current master of this app broken?  (v 1.6.5 checked in just hours ago)

If not - what am I doing wrong?

EDIT.
    Tried to check out the official 1.6.4 and it fails to validate the same way. My Homey is up to date and node is v 8.11.1
    I am following the https://developer.athom.com/docs/apps/tutorial-SDK Guidelines.html  100%. I cannot see what I do wrong.
  • I'm afraid the Aeotec App is stil SDK v1 and can't be run using the latest CLI tools.... 
  • I did not even know there was two SDK versions.

I am a total beginner here. Do you have a link to where it is described how to use older CLI tools that do work?
  • I have searched for hours. There must obviously be a way for the SDK based Apps to be installed. The existing App gets installed via the App store and it is SDK v.1. And I can see that most apps made by Athom are still SDK 1.

I found an old posting where someone downgraded the athom-cli to a 1.X release. I tried that. No luck. It refuses to install and tell me to upgrade. What is the trick? How do you release the existing apps that are not upgraded.

I tried to see if I could fix it but I do not understand the cryptic errors the validator gives. I am too newbie to do that

What I try to do is to copy an existing Aeotek sensor which seems to be 99% the same and try to get it to work with the sensor I have purchased several of and now cannot use.  I would be happy to just have the capability of the magnetic switch for now. The battery level and tamper sensor I can live without. The generic Z-wave driver gives me that but because of the class I cannot use it the place I need to. But I am stuck in this SDK version hell.

Please help me learn
  • I got help on slack from very nice developers.

The way to install an SDK 1 App on Homey is

1. Downgrade the CLI with the command:  npm i athom-cli@1 -g
    2. Login again with: athom login
    3. Install the app using command: athom project --install

The Homey will show spinning blue light if it installs

Note this is not an encouragement to use the old SDK. Just a work around if you need to try something on another developers app which has not been upgrade to SDK v 2 yet. The Aeotec app is still one of them
  • I have created a patch for the app that supports the sensor. It turned out to be quite easy because the ZW120 was 95% the same as ZW112.

I have created a fork so you can download it here and install using the developer CLI tools. Note my posting just before this as this App is still on SDK v1

https://github.com/KennethLavrsen/com.aeotec/tree/zw120

And naturally I have created a pull request. I also updated the bug report on Github. That is all I can do. Now it is up to Athom to decide if my little contribution is good enough.
  • GolferGolfer Member
    edited April 2018
    I have created a patch for the app that supports the sensor. It turned out to be quite easy because the ZW120 was 95% the same as ZW112.

I have created a fork so you can download it here and install using the developer CLI tools. Note my posting just before this as this App is still on SDK v1

https://github.com/KennethLavrsen/com.aeotec/tree/zw120

And naturally I have created a pull request. I also updated the bug report on Github. That is all I can do. Now it is up to Athom to decide if my little contribution is good enough.
    Thanks. Worked perfect  :)
  • I have seven Zw075 switches and non of them show power consumption. I have tried to remove them and add them again but it's not working, what can the problem be  
  • JPeJPe Member
    Had problems with Qubino devices not showing power, the reason was:

Setting this parameter to   solved my problem! Yours to?
  • JPe said:
    Had problems with Qubino devices not showing power, the reason was:

Setting this parameter to   solved my problem! Yours to?
    The settings are already set to 1. If I restart the app it sometimes show consumption a few seconds but then it "hangs" and not change anymore 
  • I noticed that if remove them 3cm from Homey and add them at the same distance they seams to work BUT ONLY 1 METERS FROM HOMEY. If I move them to 3meter they won't report consumption but I can turn it on/off up to 20meters. Strange ...  :/
  • With the multisensor i had to update to the second newest version firmware to have batterylife reporting.
    (the newest firmware didnt report motion) 
  • I now noticed that the first device I added is working fine, not the other 6 devices. If I remove all of them from Homey and add them in a other order, the first one is working and not the other. Perhaps the app has a bug that do that the app only can handle 1 device? 
  • Noll8anNoll8an Member
    Hi, i´m new to the forum and to the fun of home automation.
    I have a problem/question that you folks might be able to help me with.
    I have an dsb45 water sensor and I am on the latest Aeotec v1.6.4, but there seems to be an issue with the sensor.
    I have found on Github that there is an v1.6.5, that might have adressed this issue. (https://github.com/athombv/com.aeotec)
    Does anybody know if or when this update will find its way to Homey appstore?
    Regards Andreas.
  • Noll8anNoll8an Member
    If someone sees this and are having similar problems, I managed to install the Aeotec app direct via Github. so my Homey  now has the 1.6.5 version of the app.
    The watersensor it working like a charm now.