This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Add a way to cummunicate with a Telegram Bot

Comments

• jorden said:
    The new app is completed. Once I finish the Email-sender, and Synology SDKv2 apps, I will release this app update together with the Image Grabber app.
    Woohoo! 
  • Any updates on this one? 
  • Any updates on this one? 
    The Telegram bot app is done, but I have a lot of work to do in the new Synology app version before I can put all my apps that use image tokens, online.
  • jorden said:
    Any updates on this one? 
    The Telegram bot app is done, but I have a lot of work to do in the new Synology app version before I can put all my apps that use image tokens, online.
    You can't put the Telegram bot app online and just let people know the image upload to Synology does not work yet?
    I really want to use Telegram again so I can easilly add people to a group and set custom notification sounds (slow whoop for the fire group :D )
  • Mecallie said:
    jorden said:
    Any updates on this one? 
    You can't put the Telegram bot app online and just let people know the image upload to Synology does not work yet?
    I really want to use Telegram again so I can easilly add people to a group and set custom notification sounds (slow whoop for the fire group :D )
    Hmm I might do that. I'll think about it!
  • please do consider uploading this app first.. many of us are eagerly waiting :) thank you
  • I have submitted the new app for approval.
  • New version is live! I hope all works well....
  • Updated right away, but unfortunately I can no longer use my own bot. When I try to re-add it the app crashes immediately after sending the "/register" command... Not sure what to do now.
  • @basvanderploeg
    I received a lot of errors from the Webhook. I think I fixed that, but I am not sure if I fixed your problem.

Can you please add your Telegram ID to the "default" chatbot first? I think that that will fix it. You can add the custom bot afterward.

If that fixes it, I'll work on a new version so this extra step is not required.
  • @jorden
    Even when I try to register it to the @athomhomey_bot the app crashed instantly. :(
  • @basvanderploeg Damn I have the same... Can't see what's happening either. Will investigate.
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    I am not able to send grabbed images anymore.
    I used the flow below before.
    If I do remove the Telegram bod card from the "dan" section, and replace it with a new card, I am not able to add the image tag anymore. It gives the "forbidden to place/ stopbord" sign 
    The simple log file shows the message, so the flow is running.

• @canedje you have an updated "ImageGrabber", but not yet an updated "Telegram". They are incompatible until you update the Telegram app as well (but that is not fault free, I just noticed... see above)
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    jorden said:
    @canedje you have an updated "ImageGrabber", but not yet an updated "Telegram". They are incompatible until you update the Telegram app as well (but that is not fault free, I just noticed... see above)
    I reinstalled the new version of Telegram after your message . Now I can add the tag. The card also asks for "Naam ontvanger" I'm not able to fill in
    Beside that I can not register homey to the @athomhomey_bot anymore? I tried unregister Homey from the bot, also not possible.

What to do?
  • @canedje yes it is, I released it at the same moment. However, until version 0.2.1 it will not work due to an unforeseen bug. Working on 0.2.1 as we speak.
  • Version 0.2.2 is submitted for approval. Fixes 2 big bugs that crash the app, that I didn't see while developing.
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    jorden said:
    Version 0.2.2 is submitted for approval. Fixes 2 big bugs that crash the app, that I didn't see while developing.
    Oke thanks again. I will wait for 0.2.2 (Running 0.2.0 and not working at the moment)
  • jorden said:
    Version 0.2.2 is submitted for approval. Fixes 2 big bugs that crash the app, that I didn't see while developing.
    First I want to say: thank you! Thank you for listening to the Telegram app users and inclusing more options for privacy and groups! I am sure you will get the bugs ironed out.

I just removed the Telegram App. Will wait for version 0.2.2 to be out before installing it again.

In the mean time: is there someone we can spam to get the approval through quicker? :P

• I just asked Bas on Slack, but I don't think he is around (he's not responding at the moment).
  • Thanks for the fast fix @jorden! Hopefully it will get approved soon.
  • Thanks to Emile, the update is published now! Version 0.2.2 should be much more fun!
  • I just installed 0.2.2.. I'm up and running again.
    It is working again

Thanks!
  • Yup, works great now!
  • How do you guys like the ability to send to multiple users? I personally love it <3
  • thanks @jorden. installed the latest but having troubles with own bot. I save the token but the /register doesnt seem to work. seems like the webhook is not set properly. any idea?
  • khangwei said:
    thanks @jorden. installed the latest but having troubles with own bot. I save the token but the /register doesnt seem to work. seems like the webhook is not set properly. any idea?
    Ah, I thought it was me.
    I put in the token, takes it fine.
    But the /register does not work.

Also I do not understand why I have to register with the athomhomey_bot? I am assuming that my own bot is going to send the messages and that I should register that in any groups I want the messages sent to? Or is the other part just for sending messages to Homey itself so you can chat with it?

Right now I do not see any "users or groups". So I cannot send any messages. I tried sending something to the username directly (@username or @username.bot) but that does not work either. Some guidance is appreciated :)
  • Mecallie said:
    khangwei said:
    thanks @jorden. installed the latest but having troubles with own bot. I save the token but the /register doesnt seem to work. seems like the webhook is not set properly. any idea?
    Ah, I thought it was me.
    I put in the token, takes it fine.
    But the /register does not work.

Also I do not understand why I have to register with the athomhomey_bot? I am assuming that my own bot is going to send the messages and that I should register that in any groups I want the messages sent to? Or is the other part just for sending messages to Homey itself so you can chat with it?

Right now I do not see any "users or groups". So I cannot send any messages. I tried sending something to the username directly (@username or @username.bot) but that does not work either. Some guidance is appreciated :)
    you either use the athomhomey_bot that jorden kindly provided or you can use the custom bot. right now, it seems that the app failed to register the webhook. i might be wrong but its not working for me hmm
  • You need to register the custom bot, so the Webhook knows that your custom bot belongs to your Homey. It's typically the same as with the normal bot, also linked to the same webhook.

I guess that when you "register" the Telegram token of your custom bot to Homey, something goes wrong. Will have an extended look at that tomorrow; it worked while developing, but that might be because some stuff got setup already from the old app that I converted.
  • Fix for custom bot (temporary):

Open the following URL
    https://api.telegram.org/bot<CUSTOMTOKEN>/setWebhook?url=https://webhooks.athom.com/webhook/5795eeea20ad3acc0b868ced

Replace <CUSTOMTOKEN> with the token of your custom bot. Should work!