This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How would you domotica this?

At my front door I have a plain double switch with a integrated outlet.
Left button controls outdoor lighting and right the inside light.

I want to automate the lights, especially the outdoor lighting but not lose the WCD.
I've been looking for smart switches that include a WCD but havnt found one.

Idea is: automate with sundown triggers outside/inside lightning but still be able to turn it on/off with a switch separate from eachother.

Reckon I'll have to put two seperate products for this? A plain WCD mount and pull the wires to a seperate switch?

Comments

• JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2017

If you have enough space behind your switch, you could try something like this,
    Fibaro has something comparable DOUBLE RELAY SWITCH FGS - 221
  • If I look at pictures for Fibaro "switches" I end up seeing a black box that you put in the wall, am I correct to assume that you mount a switch to that? Or am I wrong?
  • Yes, you would just loop the 230v to your outlet and to the module.  Then you connect the 2 lights to the module and also 2 switches.
    Nothing all too complicated ;)
  • TravelerTraveler Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks, I see what you mean. I've checked a youtube video:

I'll have to check how much space is available behind the electric box.
  • TravelerTraveler Member
    edited December 2017
    I can speak and read dutch yes. I'll have to check up on the wiring, because my old man did that a long time ago and I know for sure he did not use proper color coding.. chances are likely that i don't have a third wire.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2017
    Yep, exactly like that, except you would have an extra blue and brown going to your outlet.

Space is always the biggest problem, especially in 'older' houses (I know what I'm talking about... :( )
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2017
    Sure you have Line and Neutral  because there is an outlet (WCD)
    so you have a Line, color normally BROWN, in old installations it was GREEN
    you have a Neutral, normally BLUE,  in old installations it was RED
    and you have two black wires, going to the two Lamps.
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    Traveler said:
    If I look at pictures for Fibaro "switches" I end up seeing a black box that you put in the wall, am I correct to assume that you mount a switch to that? Or am I wrong?
    I do have exacly the same situation and I used the Fibaro double switch. I do activate it with a NEO PIR after sunset.
    Because there is an outlet beside the switches there is a blue and brown wire available. (Needed for the Fibaro Switch).
    Building in is very tight, so I did do split the wires behind the outlet and did put the Fibaro Device behind the switches.
    With the 1.5.6.rc7 it is working like a charm
    With the stable version 1.5.3 I had trouble with the Fibaro after a while not switching anymore.

Beside that I did connect a Alecto doorbell to Homey (Very cheap doorbell about €13,--) and if somebody is ringing the bell and it is after sunset, both lights outside and in the hall will switch on.
    I did use a timer to switch off lights after 3 minutes.
  • canedje said:
    Traveler said:
    If I look at pictures for Fibaro "switches" I end up seeing a black box that you put in the wall, am I correct to assume that you mount a switch to that? Or am I wrong?
    I do have exacly the same situation and I used the Fibaro double switch. I do activate it with a NEO PIR after sunset.
    Because there is an outlet beside the switches there is a blue and brown wire available. (Needed for the Fibaro Switch).
    Building in is very tight, so I did do split the wires behind the outlet and did put the Fibaro Device behind the switches.
    With the 1.5.6.rc7 it is working like a charm
    With the stable version 1.5.3 I had trouble with the Fibaro after a while not switching anymore.

Beside that I did connect a Alecto doorbell to Homey (Very cheap doorbell about €13,--) and if somebody is ringing the bell and it is after sunset, both lights outside and in the hall will switch on.
    I did use a timer to switch off lights after 3 minutes.
    Okay, pretty much same setup then.
    I also have that el-cheapo doorbell - I don't use the sound system but have Homey play the alert instead.

Electricity isn't my strong suit, so I'll have to be gentle with all the wires <span>:smile:</span>
    I am using the default sunset option, not from a external source. 
    Why do you use an external sensor?
  • I do not use an external sensor? Or do you mean the PIR?
    I also use the default sunset option
  • Ok because I read that you use a NEO PIR after sunset? Or do you mean in conjunction with the sunset feature? After sunset - certain time - u switch off the lights and het the motion sensor handle it?
  • Traveler said:
    Ok because I read that you use a NEO PIR after sunset? Or do you mean in conjunction with the sunset feature? After sunset - certain time - u switch off the lights and het the motion sensor handle it?
    Yes, after sunset and the PIR is detecting motion, the light will switch on for 3 minutes
  • I've purchased a fibaro double switch, which should come in today. Will have a look on how it goes <span>:smile:</span>
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    I installed 3 of them now. One I broke, trying to build in the switch. (To tight) So I installed it at the "centraaldoos" . There is normally more space to build in. (tip B) )
    Good luck!
  • Well, I am a baboon, in my hurry to buy a wall mount tablet + the switch I apparently ordered a single switch instead of a double..

Have to return it now -.-

Atleast I can start working on my wall mounted tablet :)
  • nevermind the tablet is apparently broken. screen stays black but buttons work.
    Great..
  • Traveler said:
    nevermind the tablet is apparently broken. screen stays black but buttons work.
    Great..
    "Lucky basterd"  o:)