This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[ALPHA] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• Yeah, I've seen that too but that goes for all apps settings pages in the new app, and also scrolling is not working (iDevice) as with all other webbased UI's from Athom on an iDevice :( So that's something where Athom has some work to do, but that's a complete different discussion.
  • Perfect.

Does the duration countdown like a count down timer, so that it could be monitored to produce a beep every five seconds, increasing in frequency the closer it gets to zero ?

Andrew
    @rockhoppers

Forget my earlier reply, I've added a trigger card. This card is triggered every second while the counter is counting down. The tag holds the Seconds until alarm in seconds.

tta.png 269.2K
  • rockhoppersrockhoppers Member
    edited January 2018
    perfect !
    when can we get the update ?
    A
  • @rockhoppers
    Well, fast I think. Moving to 0.0.9 was a big change with a considerable impact on existing installations but I've received no bug reports so I guess it's working ok. If all stays like this I'll probably release the next version tomorrow. 
  • All working well for me so far, but not a long term user yet.
    But now have a functional alarm system running which is a big plus.
    A
  • larsmachielslarsmachiels Member
    edited January 2018
    I am replacing my existing alarm flows and see that at the moment the state is changed from disarmed into fully/partially armed this immediately goes into effect. In my opinion it would be better to take the trigger delay into account so you have the time to leave the house after you have armed the system. One also should have the option to cancel the armed state within the trigger time. So after you arm the system and change your mind within the trigger time you should be able to cancel it.

So far I could greatly simplify my alarm flows and also the maintenance of the sensors is a lot easier now. 
  • @rockhoppers
    Good to hear it's working as you want it to work, thanks for the feedback!
  • I am replacing my existing alarm flows and see that at the moment the state is changed from disarmed into fully/partially armed this immediately goes into effect. In my opinion it would be better to take the trigger delay into account so you have the time to leave the house after you have armed the system. One also should have the option to cancel the armed state within the trigger time. So after you arm the system and change your mind within the trigger time you should be able to cancel it.

So far I could greatly simplify my alarm flows and also the maintenance of the sensors is a lot easier now. 

@larsmachiels ;
    Also good to hear you too like it. 
    About your suggestion, you mean you want the Trigger Delay to also be used as an Activation Delay for a Surveillance Mode change? 
    I'm not sure if this would be logical (or redundant) to implement as there is a delay function on the action cards in the flow editor and I'm not sure it would confuse users.

Can other testers share their opinion on this?
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2018
    Just pushed a new version to the app store

version 0.0.10

• Added triggercard that gets fired every second during a delayed trigger.
    • Added more Dutch translations
    • Added Alarm Off Button (1st version, functional but needs UX improvement)
    • Added new icon to Surveillance Mode Button (Needs removing and readding)
    • Preparations for beta release

• DiscoveryTD5DiscoveryTD5 Member
    edited January 2018
    @larsmachiels
    The trigger delay gives you the time to stop the alarm before all the alarm bells go off. You can use the countdown sound to warn you that the alarm is armed. 
  • I am replacing my existing alarm flows and see that at the moment the state is changed from disarmed into fully/partially armed this immediately goes into effect. In my opinion it would be better to take the trigger delay into account so you have the time to leave the house after you have armed the system. One also should have the option to cancel the armed state within the trigger time. So after you arm the system and change your mind within the trigger time you should be able to cancel it.

@larsmachiels ;
    Also good to hear you too like it. 
    About your suggestion, you mean you want the Trigger Delay to also be used as an Activation Delay for a Surveillance Mode change? 
    I'm not sure if this would be logical (or redundant) to implement as there is a delay function on the action cards in the flow editor and I'm not sure it would confuse users.

Can other testers share their opinion on this?
    It is true that one can use the delays on the action flow cards. This is how I use it at the moment. However, if you want to cancel activating the armed mode this gives a (small) problem because the system will get armed anyway. So in the disarming flow I need an extra "disarm card" with a delay of 30 seconds in my case to be sure that the system gets disarmed (a not so nice work-around). I think most professional alarm systems do have walk-out and walk-in times so I don't think users will get confused.  Of course this is just a suggestion that might be considered. Overall, for me, Heimdall is a huge improvement compared to my "manual" flows.
  • I would agree, an exit delay would be a good addition to the program.

currently i delay the arming to allow the user to leave, but if he or she changes their mind and goes back and disarms, before the delay has expired, the system will still arm and get confused.
  • @DaneeDeKruyff
    This is growing to be a pretty amazing app.  Slowly starting to move over to using it so feedback is slow from me. But you have done a great job so far
  • @konradwalsh thanks for the feedback!

• @larsmachiels @rockhoppers
    You've convinced me :)
    I'll put it on the list (and after that the trigger card for the countdown that starts when the Surveillance Mode is activated with a delay :) )

• @larsmachiels @rockhoppers
    You've convinced me :)
    I'll put it on the list (and after that the trigger card for the countdown that starts when the Surveillance Mode is activated with a delay :) )

That's great! Even better when a "Start full/partial surveillance mode" can be cancelled during count-down. It is getting better all the time.
  • @DaneeDeKruyff great job so far (haven't installed the app cause it's not public yet, but will try it if it is)
  • Added the arming delay:

It works as desired:

If you Arm and Disarm within the delay the Surveillance Mode will stay disarmed:

It has one trade off though, since the 'The state changed' trigger card is connected to the device it does get triggered on the changes of the modes and does not always represent the actual Surveillance Mode.
  • Pushed the new version to the app store:

Version 0.0.11

• Added 'Arming Delay'.
    • Added triggercard that gets fired every second during the arming delay.

• Cant wait when Its the app store
  • Looks great, nice work :-)

when in app store?
  • First test of 0.0.11 and all seems good.
    Nice work
    Andrew
  • Any news when it goes public, or I would like to test if possible :-)
  • I'm not yet sure when I'll submit it to the app store.

Due to the addition of the arming delay the default trigger and condition cards on the device that is used to set the Surveillance Mode are not representative for the actual Surveillance Mode state. So for now I'm creating new flow cards that do represent the actual Surveillance Mode state.
    After that I'll have to decide what to do with the device, keep it and the useless unreliable flow cards or create a new
    device with custom capabilities that behaves the same as the default device but without the flow cards.
  • DaneeDeKruyff: Thanks for adding the delayed armed status and the extra trigger card! Now my flows can be even cleaner and meaner without any work-arounds. Great!
  • Id like to try this.. going away for two weeks and would like to have this one “armed” to alarm me if something happens..
  • @skandshus I can give you access but do want to point out that this is an alpha version. At this moment it seems to be stable but I will keep developing and may make braking changes. If you want to use it, you will at least have to disable automatic updates for the app.

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2018
    Pushed a new version:

Version 0.0.12

• Added triggercard that fires when the Surveillance Mode changes.
    • Added conditioncard to check Surveillance Mode.

• Due to the adding of the Arming Delay in 0.0.11 the flowcards on the Surveillance Mode device are not representing the actual state. New flowcards are available from version 0.0.12, please replace the trigger and condition cards in your flows for the new cards that are available on the app icon in the flow editor.

So:

If you use this card in the when... column:

Please replace it with this card that can now be found on the app:

and

If you use this card in the ...and... column:

Please replace it with this card that can now be found on the app:

On a next version the Trigger and Condition flow cards will be removed from the Surveillance Mode device, so please make the changes described above.

If you have comments, questions or remarks please post them here.
  • Hello Danee, 

concerning the changes in 0.0.12: How could I now get the information which sensor was causing an alarm? I used this information in a push notification. Now this information is gone in my flow and I can't find it anymore. Maybe I'm blind :-)

Regards
    Andreas
  • @Seraphim

Hello Andreas,

The trigger card that gets triggered on an alarm has not changed and should work as before, for me it still looks like this:

Do you still have that card in your flow? What happens when you delete the card and add it again?
This discussion has been closed.