This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro multi sensor not always triggering flows

So I have a house with 4 stories. Basement, ground level, first floor, attic. On the 1st floor, in the stairway, I have a fibaro multi sensor. At the moment, I´m only using the movement detection ability of that sensor. I am using it to trigger the light in the hallway downstairs to go on in the evening, when we go downstairs, because we do not have a light switch for downstairs on the 1st floor. Next to that, I also use it to turn on the bedroom lights when you go up the stairs (the lights then stay on, which is fine). 

However, this does not always seem to work. The sensor definately sees me, because I see the 'eye' light up blue for about half a second. I know that after it has done that, there is a (adjustable) timeout period of 30 seconds, in which, when it detects movements, the eye flashes blue very briefly. 

But I am talking about the 'longer' light up, which is a definate signal that it has seen movement, and is NOT in it's 30 second-timeout-period. This should trigger the light in the hallway to go on. However, this does not work solidly. Sometimes the light goes on, but about 50% of the time, it does not. I do not understand why this is? The sensor itself definately detects the movement, so my guess is that it does not trigger the correct flow in Homey half of the time, but why? 

At first I thought that the reason might be that it lost it's connection to the mesh network. Since the sensor is on the 1st floor, and I did not have any wallplugs there to improve the mesh, I thought that was the problem. However, when looking at the Z-wave network in Homey, I  can see that the sensor is connected to both of the Fibaro wall plugs, which are in the basement(!), so it should have a connection. 

Last week however, I added a Fibaro wallplug in our bedroom, which, from the location of the wallplug in the bedroom, almost has a direct line of sight to the sensor, and is not obstructed by walls or anything. However, there is no connection between the 2??? I would've expected it to connect to the wallplug in the bedroom also, because it is much closer and less obstructed then the 2 wallplugs in the basement are. So I still don't know if this would help the situation at all. 

Is there any way to 'force' the sensor to connect to the wallplug? 

Included is a picture of the mesh right now: 

To be clear. I would have expected the sensor (10. Movement overloop) to connect to the bedroom wallplug (26. Stekker Slaapkamer). It doesn't, instead only staying connected to the washing machine (9. Wasmachine) and the dryer (8. Droger). And to Homey. 

Comments

• No one? 

Added question: can I change the fibaro motion sensor in some way to prevent it from constantly giving off the motion alarm? Because no one is upstairs at the moment, and when I check the device, the motion alarm is continuously triggered. 

So either that's a problem of the sensor, or I'm having ghosts running wild upstairs..? 
  • Did you try to put the device to learn mode again by pusshing 3 times the button?
    Or remove the battery for a while?

I did have a simulair problem with a NEO PIR and it did help
  • canedje said:
    Did you try to put the device to learn mode again by pusshing 3 times the button?
    Or remove the battery for a while?

I did have a simulair problem with a NEO PIR and it did help
    I haven't done this yet. Is this a solution for the thing connecting to the fibaro wallplug in the bedroom, or is this a solution for the motion alarm basically not turning off? 
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    I did it with the motion alarm of a NEO PIR. It helped me